Predator Exclusive or Original Balrog - Which would you choose?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monster said:
$1000.00 for the Predator is way over priced. Why not get the 1:1 scale bust for cheaper? I'll take the Balrog instead.

Umm.... you're aware the Balrog costs over $2k right? You could get 2 Predators for that.

Anyway, the extra money (over a normal statue) in the Predator at least goes to the light up features, the extra metal, etc. OK, the Stan Winston royalties probably add a little bit to it as well. :p

The extra money for the Balrog (again, over a normal statue) just goes to its price rise on the secondary market.

elwood49 said:
The extra money for the Balrog (again, over a normal statue) just goes to its price rise on the secondary market.

Not to mention having an item that had the people who worked on the film invloved. The fact it's one of the coolest creatures from one of the best stories/movies ever. Which is why so many fans like me are willing to plunk down 2k for it. So I think it's a tad more than just it's rise in price.

Now, if I had 1k I'd get the Maquette no doubt.

For me its absolutely the Balrog :joy

LotR is my absolute favourite movie-saga,
Predator "just" a cult action-movie...
1:0

The older weta statues are pieces of art,
because they are copies of the models used to
make film-history. Predator is more a very cool toy.
2:0

For the coolness-factor in presentation it is 50:50
3:1

Mean Hunter Alien vs. Mighty and old mysterious Killer Machine
"Demon of Might" wins!
4:1

Importance in the movies - Predator as leading role
4:2

->

I cancelled my Predator Exclusive to buy a Balrog!

https://www.last-alliance.net/gallery/buzzieLotR/IMG_0135?full=1

Tip: Read the Silmarillion :google

Last edited:
Predator all the way, but if i was a LOTR's fan then i'll try and find a Rog statue, but im a predator fan

predator is very nice but being a LOTR fan and collector, i have to say the balrog. cos i don't see myself liking the predator. :cool:

AVP movie hurt the Predator Franchise for me, I blame the director he also ruined both Resident Evil movies.

The bottom line is the Price. Its an excellent statue cooler looking then the Balrog, maybe SS's coolest statue. But its not worth the price its going to lose value once it ships. The Predator 1:1 bust is awesome, and that dropped in price. I didn't even sell out. And its cheaper then the Statue. Ebay has 2 statues BIN $800.00 already $100 off, and it will get lower. I cant invest that much money knowing I'm going to lose 40% of it. A 12 inch figure who cares, $1000.00, its different. I would trade that statue for all 8 gentle giant clone wars statues any day.

and Stan Winston did work on the Predator maquette you know...cannot wait!

Well I for one like LOTR 100 times better then the Alien series. That being said, if the two pieces were sitting right next to each other and I had to choose one(price not being an issue) I would take the Predator maquette every time.

I got the Original Balrog directly from SS when it was first released and sold it long ago.....

Jesse

Im with Jesse on this. If someone for some unknown reason said hey you can have a Exclusive Predator or the original Balrog which one do you want?

If I was aware of the value of the Balrog I would take that and sale it pick me up a exclusive Predator and have some money left over to spend.

Now if I wasn't aware of the value of the Balrog hands down it would go to the exclusive Predator.

So final score Predator 2 Balrog 0

I was introduced to the Weta line too late and never made the Balrog party. I do, however, have the Exclusive Predator Maquette on pre-order, & it costs less than picking up a Balrog at the moment. So for me at least, the Predator wins on cost.
And when comparing both pieces (in photos, haven't seen either in the flesh), I would have to say the Predator definitely makes the bigger impact for me, even though I'm a bigger fan of LOTR.

You guys that have the Maquette coming that haven't seen it in person are in for a real treat for sure. It's pretty freaking awesome!!

Choose between the predator exclusive and the original balrog? Well, I have the original balrog and I have a predator exclusive coming..

so I don't have to decide. hehehe.:D

However, I'd definitely rather have the Balrog over the Predator. But that's because my interest in the balrog stems from The Silmarillion. So it's a bit more personal, than just the way it looks on the shelf and what it represents from a movie.

Hey great topic! I have the balrog, but I have been debating on selling it so that I can aquire either the Predator 1:1 or the Exclusive.. I'm really a huge fan of the 1:1 Darkness bust.. thats what I really would like.

Back