which predator statue would you get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which predator statue would you buy?

• Sideshow 1/4 predator maquette $2000-$3000(ex)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cinemaquette 1/3 predator $3000

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Narin 1/5 classic predator + Joe Dunaway paint $1000

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Sideshow 1/5 predator series (classic / elder / wolf) $300

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sideshow 1/3.5 wolf predator LSF $2000

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
interesting you dont like the narin version, i thought you would be into the narin classic pred with joe's painting as that's very accurate. Is it because of the size or something else?

it's a good piece, but your goal is to find 1 true Predator grail piece right? I don't care if that Narin Pred was as big as the CM, the classic Predator is just a rehash of the original. I'd rather have the original. Wolf looks the best overall, but he came from the lamest movie of them all.

it's a good piece, but your goal is to find 1 true Predator grail piece right? I don't care if that Narin Pred was as big as the CM, the classic Predator is just a rehash of the original. I'd rather have the original. Wolf looks the best overall, but he came from the lamest movie of them all.

Would you please elaborate. I don't understand. Are you saying Narin's Classic Hunter is a rehash of the Predator Cinemaquette and that you like the Wolf design the best?

Would you please elaborate. I don't understand. Are you saying Narin's Classic Hunter is a rehash of the Predator Cinemaquette and that you like the Wolf design the best?

no. The classic Predator character in general is a lame rehash. I don't like the Wolf design best, but the LSF statue is the best looking Predator statue out of all of them imo. Can't go wrong with the SS maquette or CM, if I didn't have either of them, I would prolly go with which ever I could get a better deal on.

I wouldn't say that Predator 1 is a rehash. Unless the same company reproduces the figure to make improvements is say for example Narin rendition is an original piece of work.

looks like the original ss maquette is still the most favored piece.

but 1 vote for wolf lsf? that was not expected i thought more people would voted for that one. hmm..

I voted for the Narin piece. The Cinemaquette is pretty sick too. I think I voted for Narin because it's more attainable for me price-wise. I don't like the pose on the maquette. And the Wolf LSF is too expensive.

I wouldn't say that Predator 1 is a rehash. Unless the same company reproduces the figure to make improvements is say for example Narin rendition is an original piece of work.

you don't understand, the classic Predator is the lame rehash seen in the Predators film, it's a copycat of the original Predator. My point was, why have a copycat character to represent the franchise in a collection?

you don't understand, the classic Predator is the lame rehash seen in the Predators film, it's a copycat of the original Predator. My point was, why have a copycat character to represent the franchise in a collection?

but what really is the difference between the pred in the original movie vs the classic in the remake. Isnt it just the same clan. I mean what prevent you from saying narin's 1/5 classic pred is the one in the original movie?

Which Predator collectible out of the bunch in this thread topic and poll do you feel is a copycat rehash?

The fact is the only Predator that has been a "copycat" "rehash" was the Classic Predator in the Predators movie. Only Hot Toys and NECA have made figures of the Classic Predator. In other words there is no Predator statue to select that could be mistaken for the original Predator. Out of the Preds mentioned in this thread topic and poll (Cinemaquette, SS maquette, Narin Classic Hunter and the new 1/5 scale line Predator) all are artist and sculpters renditions of the original Predator seen in the 1987 movie Predator. If anything it would be the other way around where if SS or another company did make a Classic Predator statue someone may mistake it for the original. What I'm saying is none of these statues advertise to be the Classic Predator from the movie Predators. They all are a replica of the original Predator from the movie Predator. Therefore, there is no copycat character to select that would represent the Predator franchise in any collection.

Last edited:
but what really is the difference between the pred in the original movie vs the classic in the remake. Isnt it just the same clan. I mean what prevent you from saying narin's 1/5 classic pred is the one in the original movie?

If you believe they are from the same clan, I believe the creative team from Predators was a bunch of lazy asses that chose to copy something that had already been done for easy $$$ and make it look weak on screen. The Narin piece has the half broken Bio on it doesn't it? That was only seen in Predators.

Which Predator collectible out of the bunch in this thread topic and poll do you feel is a copycat rehash?

I didn't say a collectible was a rehash, just the character, like you said below.

The fact is the only Predator that has been a "copycat" "rehash" was the Classic Predator in the Predators movie. Out of the Preds mentioned in this thread topic and poll (Cinemaquette, SS maquette, Narin Classic Hunter and the new 1/5 scale line Predator) all are artist and sculpters renditions of the original Predator seen in the 1987 movie Predator.

I read your posts again. I see what you're saying. The Classic Predator sucks because it's a rehash of the original. I tend to agree for the most part as far as his character goes. RR and Co. could have and should have done more to set that character apart from the original predator but he was trying to pay homage to the original film. I get what RR did I just don't like it or agree with it from a fans perspective. Bact to the statues the Classic Pred has not been replicated yet in statue form.

If you believe they are from the same clan, I believe the creative team from Predators was a bunch of lazy asses that chose to copy something that had already been done for easy $$$ and make it look weak on screen. The Narin piece has the half broken Bio on it doesn't it? That was only seen in Predators.

I didn't say a collectible was a rehash, just the character, like you said below.

Yes Narin's piece for sure had a swap alternate head with broken mask. I probably wouldn't display it with that sculpt. Still in the item description it says Narin is making it to replicate the original predator he entitles the Classic Hunter. I could see as far as that broken mask head sculpt where Narin's piece could be mistaken for the Classic but it is not. I wish he would have done an unmasked head sculpt instead to swap out but I'm not trying to critisize his work. I think the piece is one of the best if not the best IMO to depict the original predator. The pose. The base and dio. The sculpt.
https://www.predatorstuff.com/shop/item_255/
https://www.predatorstuff.com/2011/01/11/predatorstuff-introduces-narins-classic-predator-1-kit/
It's funny because the review page is entitled Narin's "Classic" Predator 1. But I'm certain it's not the Classic Predator from Predators. It's suppose to be and is the original Predator from Predator. Lol.

Last edited:
Classic could be from the same clan as the original. It certainly would lead one to believe that from the design of the creature. They look so much alike. You could also mistake them for being the exact same character which happened to a lot of people after they saw the movie for the first time. People were saying, "I though Predator died?!" All confused. :lol RR wasn't lazy it was his angle to pay homage to the original. But you and I both don't agree with that. I wanted a new original story. Show me something I haven't seen. :mad:

I voted for the Cinemaquette cause IMO thats the most beautiful Predator ever made and ever will be made but thats just my two cents.

I have the Cinemaquette, 1/4 maquette EX, and I pre ordered the 1/5 Classic, Elder, and Wolf. I also have the Wolf LSF ordered as well. I find something about all of them i like and buy it.

I love my cinemaquette and i vote for that one, but the 1/4 maquette is awesome as well

I have the Cinemaquette, 1/4 maquette EX, and I pre ordered the 1/5 Classic, Elder, and Wolf. I also have the Wolf LSF ordered as well. I find something about all of them i like and buy it.

I love my cinemaquette and i vote for that one, but the 1/4 maquette is awesome as well

do you like predators?

Back