which predator statue would you get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which predator statue would you buy?

• Sideshow 1/4 predator maquette $2000-$3000(ex)

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cinemaquette 1/3 predator $3000

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Narin 1/5 classic predator + Joe Dunaway paint $1000

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Sideshow 1/5 predator series (classic / elder / wolf) $300

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Sideshow 1/3.5 wolf predator LSF $2000

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here it is, take price / quality / size / accuracy etc..all into consideration. Which predator would you buy if you can only pick one. Note I grouped all the sideshow 1/5 together, so if your choice is any one of those statue, just vote for this.

Right now i am leaning heavily towards a 1/5 narin classic pred kit + joe dunaway custom paint for $1000. Because it is the most accurate & best representation at 1/5 scale, displays well with my 1/5 sano alien, and cheaper than the other options. On the other hand the sideshow 1/5 is 33% of that price and looks pretty good too.

Will let this cool for a bit before i decide which statue to get, as with the alien poll, it took me a while and with your guys help to figure out what i really wanted (the sano alien). Anyway here are the contenders! vote away!

1) Sideshow 1/4 predator maquette $2000-$3000(ex)
2) Cinemaquette 1/3 predator $3000
3) Narin 1/5 classic predator + Joe Dunaway paint $1000
4) Sideshow 1/5 predator series (classic / elder / wolf) $300
5) Sideshow 1/3.5 wolf predator LSF $2000

some photos of the narin 1/5 kit painted by joe below, the rest statues everyone should already be familiar with.

2p3.jpg

2p18.jpg

I'm not a Predator fan but, if I had to choose only one ultimate Predator piece to represent the entire franchise, it would have to be the 1/3 Cinemaquette Predator.

When you ask the question, "if you were to choose only one?", of course most ppl would choose the very best of the lot and I personally think the 1/3 Cinemaquette is the best looking Predator out there. The pose, the size and the base is hard to beat IMO.

I also think that you would be content with the Narin statue as well. Judging by what you like about it already, it sounds like you've already found your winner. Besides, you should always buy and display what you think is cool looking to you and nobody else. :wink1:

I'm not a Predator fan but, if I had to choose only one ultimate Predator piece to represent the entire franchise, it would have to be the 1/3 Cinemaquette Predator.

When you ask the question, "if you were to choose only one?", of course most ppl would choose the very best of the lot and I personally think the 1/3 Cinemaquette is the best looking Predator out there. The pose, the size and the base is hard to beat IMO.

I also think that you would be content with the Narin statue as well. Judging by what you like about it already, it sounds like you've already found your winner. Besides, you should always buy and display what you think is cool looking to you and nobody else. :wink1:

well price is factor too, if you were forced to buy one using your own money, which would you pick?

just wondering if the freaks feels very strongly about 1 or the other, in the alien poll the sano alien was strongly favored by the old school crowd.

Wow, I never seen that one before. Looks pretty cool. Thanks for sharing JD18.

well price is factor too, if you were forced to buy one using your own money, which would you pick?

just wondering if the freaks feels very strongly about 1 or the other, in the alien poll the sano alien was strongly favored by the old school crowd.

With my own money: Cinemaquette Predator.

As for The best Giger Alien: Sano :wink1:

I can justify the high cost of these two particular pieces b/c, I'd rather spend a lot on something that I'll love and end up keeping forever. Versus settling for less and buying something just b/c, it's cheaper and will most likely end up regretting it later on. I don't want to regret buying any statue/figure. So I'll do the research and procrastinate about it for awhile, save up the cash and then buy that expensive statue, lol (of course not all my favorite statues/figures have to be expensive. I was just referring only to these two statues)

Last edited:
Wolf or Cinemaquette...maybe the P1 maquette. There's somthing about the P1 maquette that I really don't like, I think it's the pose.

And uhg, that Encounter diorama is so beautiful. I wonder if Sideshow will release it since they released the Bad Blood...

Funny thing is I have the Sideshow 1/4 scale maquette (non-Exclusive though), the CM, the Encounter painted by Joe, and about 8 Joe Dunaway/Narin Preds.

Of them all, I think the CM Predator is still the best Predator statue ever made . . . although the Encounter by Joe comes in a pretty close second.

There's somthing about the P1 maquette that I really don't like, I think it's the pose.

It's the paint for me. But even so, the piece exudes awesomeness. And the sculpt was from Sideshow's arguably better days, at least when it came to Predator. Working together with SWS, I mean how much better can it get? The 1/4 maquette and the 1/1 bust are gorgeous.

Heh, I haven't been impressed with the paint apps on the P1 maquette in just about every photo I've seen of it...but everyone seems to love it.

Same with the 1:1 bust.

The Narin Classic Hunter for me. IMO that kit captures P1 the best I've seen! Too bad it's sold out. Still I'm trying to track an original.

I have the cm and SS ex maquette, not even close, SS all the way. The cm pain job is slightly better, not by much. SS is way more accurate and the bio has some of the best weathering I've seen for any p1 bio, looks like metal. Btw- your estimates are on the low side. No way you find the ex maquette for less then 2800 or the cm less then 3500, unless you find a bargain of course, it happens cause I got my cm for one last December . Good luck, the Narin versions don't compare.

I would personally go with the ex p1 maquette that piece is epic if I had 3k sitting around I would buy that guy for sure. But then again that's the only piece on the list I've seen in person so I'm a little biased there

If I were rich... the Sideshow 1/4 maquette.

:lol You don't have to think You get them all :)

Very Tuff choice...

If you can afford CM Predator that is the best of best. 2nd is Sideshow 1/4 maquette if you don't mine spending 2K - 2.5K BUT if you just starting collecting Predator and $$ is limited i will go for Predator 1/5 scale.

I have the cm and SS ex maquette, not even close, SS all the way. The cm pain job is slightly better, not by much. SS is way more accurate and the bio has some of the best weathering I've seen for any p1 bio, looks like metal. Btw- your estimates are on the low side. No way you find the ex maquette for less then 2800 or the cm less then 3500, unless you find a bargain of course, it happens cause I got my cm for one last December . Good luck, the Narin versions don't compare.

interesting you dont like the narin version, i thought you would be into the narin classic pred with joe's painting as that's very accurate. Is it because of the size or something else?

Back