Predator diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PredaHead.jpg

From backstage video

that looks freakin badass
I think its great that they used a closed mandibles head.......its something different and I dont think anyone was expecting that. Glad I got the Ex

Cant wait to see more pics of it

It's possible, but it shouldn't be too hard to build a little stand for it if'n it doesn't. I like the option of being able to mount him on the wall, too. Might be better for people who have limited shelf space.

I doubt there will be any means to store/display the alternate head.

I have the SSC T-1000 mini bust which has 2 portraits and the only option is to just put the other somewhere, no display option.

Like I said, shouldn't be a big deal to make some kind of stand for it, and like as not, some people will probably just leave it in the box for safe keeping.

PredaHead.jpg

From backstage video

Lokks cool, but sorry to say that is is NOT movie accurate. Predators lower teeth never cross. This is a error present in the old Billiken Model kit.. and dammed this face looks a LOT like the Billiken model!

Les, I hope you don't mind borrowing your pic

predator1a.jpg.w560h807.jpg

I hope they will correct this and add facial spikes, otherwise I may cancel the exclusive and go for the regular.

This diorama looks exceptional, but I'm more of a "poseable, fully-articulated" kinda guy. I definitely see the appeal, though. :)

Lokks cool, but sorry to say that is is NOT movie accurate. Predators lower teeth never cross. This is a error present in the old Billiken Model kit.. and dammed this face looks a LOT like the Billiken model!

I hope they will correct this and add facial spikes, otherwise I may cancel the exclusive and go for the regular.

You mean the tusks on the lower mandibles never cross? That's your complaint? :rolleyes: Thats pretty nitpicky.... he just never crossed them in the movie....big deal.

If you have the exclusive on order, I wouldn't cancel. It comes with the masked head, so you wouldn't have to display him with the crossed teeth showing. And due to the low ES you'll be able to make a little extra $$$ if you ever get sick of it and decide to sell.

Although, I'm sure some waitlister would be pretty happy if you did decide to cancel. :fest

predator1a.jpg.w560h807.jpg

Whats the mentality behind cancelling an EX for an item thats exactly the same but the Exclusive is giving you something for free at the same price..

Whats the mentality behind cancelling an EX for an item thats exactly the same but the Exclusive is giving you something for free at the same price..

Exactly. If you've already decided to order one from Sideshow, might as well get the EX and get the bonus feature for the same price. If the regular edition is good enough, get it cheaper from somewhere else, no worries.

Very True Jamal. The SS ex is going to go way up as far as price goes on the secondary market. Keep it...sell it...get the one you want and still have some money left. Pretty simple.

And That Billiken head looks nothing like the SS exclusive.

Very True Jamal. The SS ex is going to go way up as far as price goes on the secondary market. Keep it...sell it...get the one you want and still have some money left. Pretty simple.

And That Billiken head looks nothing like the SS exclusive.

That Billiken head is OLD! It's also made of PVC. It was one of the nicer kits available of the Pred back in '91, especially for the price... but it definitely shows its age compared to Sideshow's polystone masterpiece! I think the optional head looks great. The quills would be a nice addition, but that would end up costing us more. I have no problem at all with it just as it is.

Theres nothing wrong with the EX head, it looks great in my opinion. I would have rathered a roaring sculpt but this is just as good

I don't mind having more spikes on the face though like this bust:

2904_image04_sm.jpg

2904.jpg
Spikes would be great, but these are a pretty tiny scale for it, aren't they? They're not even 1/6 scale. Count me in the camp that thinks the unmasked head is AWESOME.

Spikes would be great, but these are a pretty tiny scale for it, aren't they? They're not even 1/6 scale. Count me in the camp that thinks the unmasked head is AWESOME.

I'd say they're somewhere between 1/7 and 1/9 scale, don't know for sure but you put one of the Alien dios next to a 1/6 HT Alien and it looks like their 10 year old child, it's quite smaller.

If they had attempted spikes on this head, they'd probably taint the overall aesthetic because they'd be so thick to even notice them.

For it's size, I think the paint and sculpt work are perfect and make you forget whatever details couldnt' be brought into the scale.

Back