Predator Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the average prices the Sideshow Maquette and Cinemaquette are going for these days?

Working in £, sold my CM for £2,000 and bought the SS for £900.
Think I got a good deal.
So that's... $3,000 you sold the CM for and $1300 you purchased the SS Maquette for, if Google translated that correctly. :lol

If that amount is accurate, that seems like a great deal on the SS Maquette. Not much over retail.

When did you sell your CM? I guess 3k is about average for it right now? There are two on eBay at the moment, one for 10k and another for 7k, which obviously won't sell at those prices.

Damn I want a Cinemaquette. :gah:

Wonder if it's still possible to find one at retail price. Probably not, but I don't think I can stomach dropping 3k or more on one. 2k alone is really, really pushing it for me.

If this were made again, it wouldn't be 2k, it'd a few hundred more. Even if another company did a 1/3, if they have great qc, it wouldn't be less. I paid somewhere around $2500 for mine years ago.

If this were made again, it wouldn't be 2k, it'd a few hundred more. Even if another company did a 1/3, if they have great qc, it wouldn't be less. I paid somewhere around $2500 for mine years ago.
If you do decide to sell yours, what price do you have in mind?

quite a bit....quite a bit. Defn no less than 3k and more likely closer to 3.5 if shipping is required.
That sounds fair. I know there are some people here who are looking for one that might be interested.

It might be a stretch but I'm going to make $2500 my limit for the Cinemaquette. I've always wanted one but kinda ignored it as I never thought I'd be able to afford it.

Curious, does anyone know why the prototype that Steve Wang sculpted and painted is so yellow? Is that just another thing Steve Wang wanted to change about the design or what? In all the photos I've seen of the actual suit I've never thought it looked yellow. Somewhere between beige and white is how I'd describe P1's color.

4tjdnqt.jpg

4862478390_222a544a39.jpg

Definitely Steves baby and not what was on screen... Still awesome though!

I was always worried about the longevity of the dreads to be honest.

the thing that prolly bothers me the most is that teeny tiny vertebrae trophy (the 1/4 is bigger) and the inaccurate necklace. He put in the effort to get the animal trophies right, but not the others. I'm sure a custom vertebrae could be made from a lizard or something, but I've yet to see someone do it.

Definitely Steves baby and not what was on screen... Still awesome though!

I was always worried about the longevity of the dreads to be honest.

True...He said it himself-- the newer proportions and angles used in the creation of predator 2 city hunter was the prevailing construction of the anatomy of the character and from his memory sculpted what came naturally...

I do prefer the original jungle hunter'is look of a more rounded forehead than the flat upright, though it is still a cool look....

It reminds me of how Bruce Tim's batman drawings of batman slowly got more off the original model to a more edgy sleek simplified look and even when they went back to depict the blue and grey, it still looked like the new adventures batman....

For the accuracy experts and anyone who's owned these, what are your thoughts on the SS life-size P1 bust and Alien Cinemaquette?

the P1 is from the real movie molds, doesn't get anymore accurate. Prolly the best 1:1 bust to ever come from SS, along with the Warrior. The Alien CM isn't known for its accuracy.

Ah, I thought so. I've always liked the P1 bust's sculpt, but I can't stand the paint apps, at least from the photos I've seen. Looks way too orange IMO.

I was thinking about tracking one down and having it repainted in the future, but I might find the paint job satisfactory in person.

Despite the Alien CM's inaccuracies, what do you think of the overall quality, compared to, say, the CM Predator?

Ah, I thought so. I've always liked the P1 bust's sculpt, but I can't stand the paint apps, at least from the photos I've seen. Looks way too orange IMO.

I was thinking about tracking one down and having it repainted in the future, but I might find the paint job satisfactory in person.

Despite the Alien CM's inaccuracies, what do you think of the overall quality, compared to, say, the CM Predator?

the CM Alien quality is top notch, chrome teeth, super heavy base and it's signed by Giger. I'm just not a big Alien fan, which is why I sold that and my 1:1 Warrior. I've just never cared for any of those movies. I haven't seen my bust in awhile, but I'm satisfied with the paint on it. I recall some parts are a bit orange, but nothing overkill. I have seen some nice repaints on it though.

For the accuracy experts and anyone who's owned these, what are your thoughts on the SS life-size P1 bust and Alien Cinemaquette?

The Sideshow 1:1 P1 bust is STILL my fave mass-produced piece - even after all these years. Sits right next to my monitor staring at me.

It has a couple of QC issues (common to all of them) - but they are so minor it doesn't detract from the piece in any way.

I'll NEVER sell mine.

Back