PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections: Pics & General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREDATOR / A L I E N Collections

Wow. By the end of that queen Xeno fight you forget to realize he was fooked long ago. Time to remove Scar from my 'killed by superior opponent' list, leaving only Wolf there.

Killed by classic Predator arrogance: Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Tracker, Celtic

Killed by inferior opponent: Falconer, Berserker, Chopper, Scar

Killed by superior opponent: Wolf [Classic and Bone Grill, if we're extending to extras]
hmmm.
Celtic was killed by an inferior opponent: an alien, who is easily killed by a human and, according to A1-A3, doesn't possess the strength of a predator. and, according to AVP movie, can be killed even by a human with no fireweapons. Celtic was just absolutely dumb and had no fighting skills at all.
Berserker was killed by two humans, one of them was in an ambush with a powerful weapon, severely weakening him, so it's closer to "arrogance", as Brody wouldn't do it by himself.

I would actually concur with the kid on this one regarding both Celtic and Berserker. The latter had a chance to dispatch of Royce then go after Isabel, but chose to let her shot distract him instead, enraging him, and went after her first. Him choosing to do that bought Royce some time.

Scar I think undoubtedly had skills (at least the most of the trio), he just got over zealous at the fact of having just scored his first X-morph kill and let his guard down.

hmmm.
Celtic was killed by an inferior opponent: an alien, who is easily killed by a human and, according to A1-A3, doesn't possess the strength of a predator. and, according to AVP movie, can be killed even by a human with no fireweapons. Celtic was just absolutely dumb and had no fighting skills at all.
Berserker was killed by two humans, one of them was in an ambush with a powerful weapon, severely weakening him, so it's closer to "arrogance", as Brody wouldn't do it by himself.

Regarding Berserker, I think you're raising a valid point. Though he was (ridiculously, I might add) already getting his ass handed to him by a pianist. But sure, IMO borderline both categories.

Celtic, no, he had it in a bag. Just like JH, CH, and Tracker. And just like those guys he didn't finish it off when he should've. Haha, I think we've had this very conversation in the past. Or was that about Tracker? Either way, I enjoy a good Predator discussion. Will check the scene again.

Yeah, the dude (Berserker) had Royce beat when he picked up his pulse. Got enraged and chose to turn his attention to Isabel instead of finishing off Royce, then going for her:

Regarding Berserker, yeah, the sniper bullet did shift the balance of the fight. But still, even up till that point he was full on fighting and even using his cannon during the mano-y-mano. She did change things though. Tough one. Think it can be a double category entry. Part easing up, part getting caught.

Celtic, no, he had it in a bag. Just like JH, CH, and Tracker.
nowhere near them. he was sadistically beaten down by an animal much weaker, slower, dumber and - sorry for using game terms - having a lot less HP by definition than a normal predator featuring in movies before.
Haha, I think we've had this very conversation in the past. Or was that about Tracker?
yes it was about Tracker. we discussed him as the only one dying not from man's hand, but from overwhelming weapon force, with what i agree, though it puts Tracker on one level with Indians who met conquistadors for the first time and didn't know what those thunder sticks were.
Sounds arrogant.
nah it was desperation. he realised that he completely lost to an animal even before final confrontation and tried to reclaim his jajuja "honor".
if only he didn't belong to predator's third world planet where predators still live by ancient traditions and trade their natural resources for bootlegs of armor, guns and medical equipment.

People constantly talk about how badass and experienced Wolf was, but he was terrible at his job. He was supposed to clean up the mess, and he was perfectly cool with dying, leaving behind a bunch of alien "mess" still running around and leaving his body and tech to be found. Good thing the military nuked him. Even though I remember they still managed to recover some of his tech.

That also always irked me about the first AVP. You have a species willing to nuke themselves to keep their tech from falling into the wrong hands, but the leader of the pack (the one that's supposed to be smart) gives Lex some of their tech as a gift. MUCH different from the leader in P2 giving Harrigan an old flintlock pistol of human design.

you're a troll, you're hating AVP universe and want everybody to hate it because you don't understand honor.
jajuja principles are stated on many websites so they're true, do you think you're the only sane person among an insane horde?

People constantly talk about how badass and experienced Wolf was, but he was terrible at his job.
that's because of scars from acid. scars from acid prove badassery!

preview.jpg

That also always irked me about the first AVP. You have a species willing to nuke themselves to keep their tech from falling into the wrong hands, but the leader of the pack (the one that's supposed to be smart) gives Lex some of their tech as a gift. MUCH different from the leader in P2 giving Harrigan an old flintlock pistol of human design.
erm... they gave humans the pyramid filled with jajujator tech and pumkpinhedalien eggs. oh, and a live dinosaur queen. not after movie events - but before them.
no harm in giving a spear with some simple mechanics in it after that.
also you forget that jajuja nuke themselves because of unbearable shame of defeat, not to cover the tech and their very existence.

the wolf pred failed his last mission.
he should've radioed for back up. more than 50% of the town got egged and xenoed plus a hybrid on the loose.
he even failed to blow himself up to erase him from that fiasco.

erm... they gave humans the pyramid filled with jajujator tech and pumkpinhedalien eggs. oh, and a live dinosaur queen. not after movie events - but before them.
no harm in giving a spear with some simple mechanics in it after that.

Yeah. Didn't even really think of it that way. But the less I think about the AVP movies the better.

Sounds arrogant.

Probably.

I agree. A nuke is a definite superior opponent.

Was referring to the PredAlien. Sorry for the confusion.

People constantly talk about how badass and experienced Wolf was, but he was terrible at his job. He was supposed to clean up the mess, and he was perfectly cool with dying, leaving behind a bunch of alien "mess" still running around and leaving his body and tech to be found. Good thing the military nuked him. Even though I remember they still managed to recover some of his tech.

If I recall correctly, Wolf lost his blaster by accident when he got distracted and knocked into the elevator shaft by the Xenomorph. Similar circumstances in the sense of losing your tech by accident when the CH got his forearm chopped off and left his combi-stick behind. Though the combi-stick wasn't really an accident; he hurled it at Harrigan and then bolted. I suppose that's the downside of Predators equipping themselves with more weaponry (combi-sticks, shurikens, smart-discs, etc) as opposed to merely plasmacasters and wrist blades: it's more items liable to potentially get lost during a hunt.

Yeah, good thing the military did nuke him (Wolf) to prevent any other tech from being recovered. That's presuming though that he wouldn't have self destructed himself before they nuked the place.

Good point regarding the AvP Elder though as opposed to P2 Elder.

the wolf pred failed his last mission.
he should've radioed for back up. more than 50% of the town got egged and xenoed plus a hybrid on the loose.
he even failed to blow himself up to erase him from that fiasco.
A **** up of grandiose proportions, really. Disastrous. Didn't he kill a freaking kid, too, while at it? Or was that just a dismemberment.

nowhere near them. he was sadistically beaten down by an animal much weaker, slower, dumber and having a lot less HP by definition than a normal predator
Mate, check the scene again – he was owning the Xeno, outmaneuvering it's stalk-and-attack and beating him soundly. Even swinging him by the tail for some good old architecture-induced blunt force trauma. The only damage he got was acid to the chest armor, which he promptly removed. Once he had Grid netted, he simply let his guard down as he moved in for the knife kill. Classically got beat when he thought the fight was over. Just like JH, CH and Tracker. In retrospect perhaps Berserker as well.

Regarding Tracker, I think the discussion was whether he was killed in a fair fight or succumbed to Predator-style underestimation. Y'all know what I think.

A **** up of grandiose proportions, really. Disastrous. Didn't he kill a freaking kid, too, while at it? Or was that just a dismemberment.

If I recall correctly, his human casualties were: the deputy in the forest with his wrist blades, the guy in the graveyard who was threatening the woman who had just returned home from the military and her daughter with a gun because the daughter was making too much noise with his plasmascaster, and then accidentally the teen guy's teen girlfriend in the hospital with one of his Shuriken after he chucked a few and they sliced through a couple of Xenomorphs at a high velocity.

Personally, I think Wolf's downfall was potential arrogance in thinking he could handle the infestation alone. He's still a badass to me just based on the sewer, sporting good store and hospital scenes alone where he manhandled groups of Xenomorphs like nothing and still killed the PredAlien, but he probably should have brought down at least two Bloods with him and formed a trio hunting party, and simply have himself be the leader of the operation due to his higher ranking and Veteran status. Perhaps he initially didn't think it would be as bad as it was based on what the distress call possibly said the circumstances were, but he could have then called for reinforcements once he saw the situation.

Mate, check the scene again – he was owning the Xeno, outmaneuvering it's stalk-and-attack and beating him soundly. Even swinging him by the tail for some good old architecture-induced blunt force trauma. The only damage he got was acid to the chest armor, which he promptly removed. Once he had Grid netted, he simply let his guard down as he moved in for the knife kill. Classically got beat when he thought the fight was over. Just like JH, CH and Tracker. In retrospect perhaps Berserker as well.

Regarding Tracker, I think the discussion was whether he was killed in a fair fight or succumbed to Predator-style underestimation. Y'all know what I think.

In retrospect, I think I agree with you more than P-kid regarding Celtic. After rewatching the scene on YouTube, you're right that he was essentially owning the Xenomorph for the entire fight and overpowering him. Like you said, he let his guard down.

Still a shame though that he got thrown over the top rope and eliminated from the rumble early on.

Mate, check the scene again – he was owning the Xeno, outmaneuvering it's stalk-and-attack and beating him soundly. Even swinging him by the tail for some good old architecture-induced blunt force trauma. The only damage he got was acid to the chest armor, which he promptly removed.
checked the scene again.
corrected description: he spent lots of time and resources (armor, blades) tryingto kill a beast for several minutes with zero effect.
and thene he got himself was a death-causing hole in his brain, thanks to aluminium helmet.
compare to what the main human character did in the same movie.

Anyway...

To actually talk about what the title of this thread is, I have Scar 2.0 and P2 Elder 2.0 arriving this week. That puts my Pred film collection at:

- Jungle Hunter (MMS90)
- City Hunter 2.0
- P2 Elder 2.0
- Scar 2.0
- Berserker
- Classic

Just waiting for Wolf and that should about do it. Aside from potentially the main Pred from the new film and I’d actually like to get a Celtic 2.0, but he’s a bit out of my price range. I consider myself lucky to get Scar at the price I did. Will take a pic of my collection once I receive Scar and Elder.

I just got the NECA Scar the other day, having previously impulse purchased Celtic and Chopper in my nearest Forbidden Planet. I figured since I had those I at least had to complete the 3 main Predators from that film. I may buy some of the other figures.

Anyway it prompted me to watch AvP again - I had thought the NECA ones were accurate but they actually aren't really. Damn those outfits were bulky as **** in the movie. The NECA ones partially capture the look with the headsculpts and the big mass of Dreadlocks but the bodies and armour are not quite as big as they are in the movie. I do remember reading that Randy decided they should take some artistic license there and make them more comparable to previous Predator movies in the build but for some reason I thought they ultimately went back on that - nope, they didn't. Definite artistic license there.

Back