Predator 2 lsb exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than packing the dreads separately i'm not sure what else they could do :dunno

Making them out of a flexible material would be an ideal solution I think, I always worry about the dreads on my Predator pieces and I know first hand how easily the lsb dreads can be snapped. :panic:

I'm lucky mine broke at the root.

Before I destroyed my faulty P1 LSB I applied a little pressure to a couple of dreads and sure enough they all snapped like twigs, and only one broke at the root. I don't even breath near my replacement. I really think SS should look into alternative materials.

How about the styrofoam case hold it by the body/base and the head is in a big open space? The base/neck are well built, i don't see them snapping in this set up. but the dreds hang down pretty far don't they so that may not work.

I always consider it a small miracle when I get a piece with all the quills and dreads still attached. Lots of parts on a predator head that can go wrong.

This is true, I think all Predator statues and busts should be shipped in a plastic bag surrounded by momma Predator amniotic fluid.

Before I destroyed my faulty P1 LSB I applied a little pressure to a couple of dreads and sure enough they all snapped like twigs, and only one broke at the root. I don't even breath near my replacement. I really think SS should look into alternative materials.

I think UPS is more to blame here than SS. UPS beats the crap out of stuff, double boxed or not. 9/10 times I get a UPS box it is crumpled, gashed, or somehow distressed. I always have better luck with USPS, they are not perfect, but I think they would have a much easier ride than with UPS.

I think UPS is more to blame here than SS. UPS beats the crap out of stuff, double boxed or not. 9/10 times I get a UPS box it is crumpled, gashed, or somehow distressed. I always have better luck with USPS, they are not perfect, but I think they would have a much easier ride than with UPS.

You misunderstand, mine arrived fine although it had several paint chips and missing quills etc thanks to good old SS QC. What I mean is I tested the dreads strength by pulling them and they are surprisingly brittle, they snapped very easily. Never mind shipping, I intend to keep these things on display for many years so once they have arrived safely it would be nice not too have to worry quite so much about thin fragile bits.

I have a theory that since USPS handles smaller packages with a size limit then fragile stuff might be a bit safer with them. Of course you still have to pack it like it will be kicked and thrown but there could be less change of it getting crushed by something that is not human like bigger boxes or the sorting process.

I have a theory that since USPS handles smaller packages with a size limit then fragile stuff might be a bit safer with them. Of course you still have to pack it like it will be kicked and thrown but there could be less change of it getting crushed by something that is not human like bigger boxes or the sorting process.

Yes, and I don't think they have the long drops off the belts like UPS/Fedex so you don't have items crashing into each other as hard. I ship all my stuff USPS and am always scared when getting one from UPS or Fedex. Packing goes a long way, but UPS can defeat any packing job:lol

Hey hey I got it. Nothing broken. Just a lose dread with some caked glue and some black plastic bit stuck in the mouth, Is suck though. I don't really have a good place to put him. I love the size though. I was expect him to be as big as carnage but he us legendary, not life size
20130905_183513_zps327e3b66.jpg

20130905_183532_zps7bbc6657.jpg

20130905_183555_zps1dbe5159.jpg

20130905_183623_zps6c9dea8a.jpg

20130905_183733_zpscbd262bd.jpg

20130905_183609_zps142895b5.jpg

20130905_183520_zpscdc91f46.jpg

It cool how he can go from normal to a scowl depending on the angle you look at him

So do his eye's... he's hunting two prey items at once by the looks of it, glad you like it but I'm equally glad I didn't buy this thing.

Deffo liking the closed mandible version better.

So do I actually, the problem is opening the mouth is a bit weird as he still has the same day dreaming facial expression. If he has his mandibles in a menacing pose, the rest of him should be frowning as well... Lazy.

Back