Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here...the texture on those dreads is very 'rough' in comparison with the rest of the bust which makes it look "unfinished"
Why CP didn't smooth out those dreads is anybody's guess.A shame cause the rest looks fantastic but those dreads 'cheapens' the whole thing....

Indeed. Everything about the dreads looked poorly done. I would prefer hanging dreads. Oh well it is what it is and we can ***** all we want but easy pass for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy with my SSC P2 maquette. IMO, the dreads turned me off. They should have done something similar to the Wolf bust.

I absolutely hate the Wolf dreads. I'd rather not have to worry about the foam or rubber material they would use deteriorating down the road either.

Totally agree. I won't buy anything that uses latex/rubber . . .

Thank LEMMY they didn't go the Wolf route - would have totally ruined this piece. That's the reason I never bought the Wolf 1:1 - the way Sideshow did that it looked like he had hosepipes hanging out of his head - geez!

2015-12-28_2016-e1451351829452.jpg

Same here...the texture on those dreads is very 'rough' in comparison with the rest of the bust which makes it look "unfinished"
Why CP didn't smooth out those dreads is anybody's guess.A shame cause the rest looks fantastic but those dreads 'cheapens' the whole thing....

cheapens it? I think you guys are in the minority with this one.

cheapens it? I think you guys are in the minority with this one.

I agree. Not sure what they're talking about, but if it has something to do with the raw look of the bust's dreads, then I'd rather the dreads look a little on the raw side than sculpted the way they are on Sideshow's Maquette.

After all the effort you put in to keep us appraised and to supply pics - this seems . . . . . well . . . . . not right.

If anyone deserved to own this - it's YOU.

That's simply because I realize the reason why I got so excited about this piece is actually I know there will be a P1 bust coming out sometime after this. To me, the P1 has way more influence than the city hunter from the second movie, and I also have the maquette to company with it.
I did plan to get P2 bust and even bought the HCG P2 mask to go with it, but I just realize it's not a must have compared with P1, and I guess it will cost a lot more if I have to buy it in UK.
And I will have to get the dog alien and new born this year, and a few Chronicle JP stuffs, I have to let it go ( or my wife will let me go).
I totally can imagine in the future, when I look at my HCG P2 mask and CP P2 bust with crazy price on EBay...well, suffering!!!

BTW...the toys, statues, the price of them in UK is RIDICULOUS!!! Missing Japan now....

BTW...the toys, statues, the price of them in UK is RIDICULOUS!!! Missing Japan now....

You aren't wrong there my friend. I most definitely want this, but it will come down to whether I can find anywhere to put it? I'm almost out of space and tend to move statues around to accommodate new ones. Not so easy with a 1:1 Predator.

I don't love the dreads on this either just to chip in on that, never did, I was hoping they would have improved them but it looks excellent over all.

. . . I most definitely want this, but it will come down to whether I can find anywhere to put it? I'm almost out of space and tend to move statues around to accommodate new ones. Not so easy with a 1:1 Predator. . . .

MAKE the space Matt - trust me - I wouldn't part with my Sideshow 1:1 P1 for ANYTHING. Once this turns up, they will be one each side of my desktop (currently have the P1 to the left and a 1:1 Pumpkinhead to the right).

These things will be the centrepiece to any collection - they are THAT impressive when in-hand.

I agree, I've seen the P1 in person several times and love it, but it is so fricking big, you know how tiny UK houses are relative to other countries, it's hard to accommodate them without having a dedicated room.... I so wish I had one of those.

Looks anazing. Doesn't give much info. Weight, width, depth, ES...

What's 'Product Material: FRP, Cold Cast'?

Dreads are a bit disappointing...

25rdyrc.jpg

I think we have been discussing the dread issue long time ago since I post some pics about the back of the prototype.
I believe I'm the first person who questioned it, but being said, the final product is actually very close to the prototype, from certain perspective, it's positive I assume.
BTW, do you guys notice that it seems the drool comes back? It shows up in those offical photos.

Back