Predator 2 Lifesize bust (Coolprops)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spikes review is dead on, the more I look at this bust crossed eyes and all it's pretty amazing.
I just hope SSC doesn't screw me on this. Pretty much would end me ever purchasing from them again, too many times collectors let them pull **** and I won't be one of them.

If they won't replace just make sure you send it back with a full refund. It's still available right? So buy it again ;p

If they won't replace just make sure you send it back with a full refund. It's still available right? So buy it again ;p

A great idea (as long as you get your shipping refunded too).

Then leave it a week or so to make sure you don't get THAT copy back (because they may resell it as-is), and get a friend or relative to order for you.

I'm really hoping with it. Ring such an expensive item they do the right thing...... but I'm doubtful because of the crap I read about them and returns.

I'm really hoping with it. Ring such an expensive item they do the right thing...... but I'm doubtful because of the crap I read about them and returns.

I'd hope MINE is a bit of a no-brainer as well. Guess we'll wait and see.

I'm still calm about it though (that may change if things don't eventually get worked out sensibly :) )

There is no way they can look at you and say "here's a $40.00 credit" they HAVE to replace you're, mine, that's a whole different story. :/

I took delivery of my bust yesterday. I am happy to report mine is in perfect condition not a single problem area other than I have about 1/8" of clearance from the tip of his crown to my ceiling :)

Paint: it can't get much better than this. I mean ECC or CM or Chronicle could possible do a better job but it would be 2X the price.

Weight: The guy in the 2 videos is a goon. The weight is fine. It weights exactly as expected right around the same as the P1 bust.

Dreads: The dreads are fine. Yes they are not as nice as the sculpted Sideshow P1 bust dreads. I do NOT look at this piece and say OHH they're terrible. It's a proven fact people like talking about negativity more than positive attributes. It's a FACT. I will admit the dreads are the one aspect of the bust that aren't an A+ but it does NOT bring the overall score of the bust down what so ever.

Overall: This piece is monstrous. Almost too big, I don't like getting HUGE pieces like this. It was a nightmare take the two boxes apart and get them up into my attic only to put them back together in the attic. The value of the piece is off the charts. If this were made by Chronicle it would've had a 2 in front of it. As many said it's the PERFECT companion piece to the definitive P1 bust. This was one dream piece I ALWAYS wanted to own and now I have it thanks to CoolProps and Sideshow. for me Sideshow kicked ass on this the speedy delivery the fair delivery charge the customer service. This was my first order in YEARS and it reminded me that Sideshow aside from their shenanigans from time to time they are the authority. I could not be happier. THANK YOU SIDESHOW!

Last edited:
Yup! As long as Sideshow handles the logistics of making the payment(s) and shipping. Leave the painting to someone else.

Mine has finally shipped, should have it in hand Tuesday. Just going to put it on top of my other displays for now, but should be the showcase of my collection so I'll need to figure something out.

Mine has finally shipped, should have it in hand Tuesday. Just going to put it on top of my other displays for now, but should be the showcase of my collection so I'll need to figure something out.

Very cool and congrats! Hope yours arrives issue free.

Agreed. The one you received is the closest to the proto I've seen. The bolder coloring on the crown and the black line (brows) are not so thick and actually start to lighten as they come together between the eyes. Congrats allosaur!

Where are you located, if you don't mind?

That one looks really good, but the R is slightly out of place.

Still waiting for sideshows response to my emails.....

I would gladly take a wacky nameplate as long as the bust itself had no glaring issues. It can be easily remedied.

By the way, I've noticed every pic with a nameplate so I'm assuming it is not removable.

. . . I've noticed every pic with a nameplate so I'm assuming it is not removable.

• It appears to have been cast/built separately to the main body (same as the eyes).
  • It's attached in some unknown way (same as the eyes).
  • So I have no idea how tough it would be to remove/replace (same as the eyes).
  • Certainly not a job I want to risk anyways (same as the eyes) :)

With no other choice, the logo could be repainted OR a decal could be produced from a colour-matched photo and applied. Would have to do the entire logo though as EXACT colour-matching would be a b itch.

Regardless, I'd rather it had been correct in the first place - I've no idea how that passed QC :lol

Back