Statue Predator 2 - Elder Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it doesn't look worse than the Predator maquette but it doesn't saying a lot. The 1/4 Pred maquette with today standards is outdated IMO. On the other hand this Elder statue doesn't even come close to the Cinemaquette Predator.

there is no comparison at all between SS Elder Statue & Cinemaquette Predator. 1st of all huge price varince...........

Well it doesn't look worse than the Predator maquette but it doesn't saying a lot. The 1/4 Pred maquette with today standards is outdated IMO. On the other hand this Elder statue doesn't even come close to the Cinemaquette Predator.

yup, saw both of the predators CM and maquette,CM is nice, but maquette ?? I rather buy H** T**S for that kind of price, sorry no offend to anyone, just my opinion

Sorry, but the SS Maquette and the CM hold up extremely well. Master is right...the price of both pieces is driving these "opinions."

Dated?...
StanWinston07.jpg

CIMG1692.jpg

Sorry, but the SS Maquette and the CM hold up extremely well. Master is right...the price of both pieces is driving these "opinions."

Dated?...
StanWinston07.jpg

CIMG1692.jpg

Yes it is! It is not bad but it is just lacking the details at the paint and also at the sculpting department. Especially for 1000 USA dollar retail price. Just look at the body, the arm for example. Even Neca has more detail scult wise. Actually much more detail than the maquette. It was great when it came out but things evolve. For example the Neca 1/4 City Hunter overall looks better than the maquette. This is why I sold my Pred maquette long time ago. I wasn't very impressed with it when I got him anyway. It was a bad decision to pay that much money for him.

Yes it is! It is not bad but it is just lacking the details at the paint and also at the sculpting department. Especially for 1000 USA dollar retail price. Just look at the body, the arm for example. Even Neca has more detail scult wise. Actually much more detail than the maquette. It was great when it came out but things evolve. For example the Neca 1/4 City Hunter overall looks better than the maquette. This is why I sold my Pred maquette long time ago. I wasn't very impressed with it when I got him anyway. It was a bad decision to pay that much money for him.

how can u compare statue to Neca fig :slap

Why do people get so offended when someone doesn't like something that they like? Me not liking something shouldn't change your opinion and vice versa. :cuckoo:

how can u compare statue to Neca fig :slap

Did you just read what I said? I can compare the detail of the sculpt and the painting mate. And in both department Neca City Hunter in 1/4 is better, superior. It is simple really. And don't tell me there are no statues out there which have great detail sculpt wise or paint wise or vice versa. There are, a lots of them. It is natural that some collectible just doesn't hold up today and not as good as they use to be. The maquette is a great example. I don't hate it. It is not ugly or anything. It still looks good, but it is outdated and it doesn't worth half of it's original price IMO. But you don't have to agree with me of course.

Last edited:
Upss, sorry for making this thread uncomfortable for everyone. Its just my opinion, not to start a riot. Sorry guys, and merry x'mas everyone.

for me statue is different & Figure with Articulation is different. I liked SS Predator Maquette which i think one of the best representation of character & also paint wise its great. you may not liked it but its your opinion so everyone shared there opinion lets move to topic.......
We need more pics of Elder with other Predator statues......
Wish You Happy Christmas & Happy Collecting to all Freaks members & their Family

Comparing this and Neca to the Maquette and the CM and thinking they are better? Ahhh I will be laughing thru to new year....

nyPTG.gif

1/4 NECA city hunter??? was it release already?? got the picture? gotta see this, or any thread that related to 1/4 NECA city hunter??

its everywhere on ebay check it out in hand pics.:)

Did you just read what I said? I can compare the detail of the sculpt and the painting mate. And in both department Neca City Hunter in 1/4 is better, superior. It is simple really. And don't tell me there are no statues out there which have great detail sculpt wise or paint wise or vice versa. There are, a lots of them. It is natural that some collectible just doesn't hold up today and not as good as they use to be. The maquette is a great example. I don't hate it. It is not ugly or anything. It still looks good, but it is outdated and it doesn't worth half of it's original price IMO. But you don't have to agree with me of course.

:exactly: some are just pure garbage

i own the CM and SS maquette.....they are so much better:exactly:

Back