Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . I wonder if it has anything to do with Narin cancelling his now I think about it?

Narin's was put on hold a long time back for a variety of reasons - but nothing to do with the Sideshow P2 maquette OR anything since.

He's simply overloaded with projects and has to pick-and-choose what he can fit in (and what he's most interested in doing).

I do disagree with the first half (second line I agree entirely) I think that while the Prime 1 version will be bigger and more expensive, it is pretty much the same customers that they will be aimed at generally, there will be exceptions of course. The P2 maquette, for all of it's many flaws is the only high end option for this character so far. You can bet the same people that bought it will be eyeing up the Prime 1 version also (I am) Also, I used to shudder at the thought of spending so much on collectibles, but the market has changed. With Premium formats having doubled in a very short amount of time and now costing $600-800+, often for very average production pieces. It makes it far easier to swallow the asking price for some of the higher end stuff like Prime 1's 1/3 statues which are often superior in design, added extras and production quality along with being a larger size for the extra money. I think the market is now splitting into two groups (plus those who have given up entirely) The first half who wish to maintain the numbers of statues they buy are now looking more into the 1/5 line, and probably wouldn't have gone for the P2 maquette anyway (it wasn't cheap remember) And the second half (like myself) Are now eyeing up more higher end items that they probably wouldn't have considered before, and buying fewer, but more premium items. Many of these are probably the same people that purchased the P2 maquette I suspect. I bought another because I quite like it and wish to improve it in future. But if P1 release the ultimate version, I'll probably lose any interest I had in the maquette and move it on. You have to imagine others will which will affect the already lowered price for sure.

I get where you're coming from, all I'm saying is that there is still a market for a 1/4 City Hunter Pred, even if it will be inferior to Prime's version. While I have no doubt that plenty of people who were interested in the Maquette will be eyeing off Prime's version, there's also plenty of people who will settle for Sideshow's, either because they can't afford Prime's or simply don't have the space for a 1/3 Predator.

Some may even use Prime's as an opportunity to score the Maquette cheaper.

I know personally I would rather a 1/4 statue purely based on size, as I wouldn't have many display options for a 1/3 Predator. 1/4 is huge as it is.

Agree totally with the second part of your post, and like you I'm also falling into that second category now. I don't buy much at all, so when I do I'm happy to spend a bit more if it means I get a better product, but it has to be within reason. Size is also more of an issue to me than cost. I purchased Sideshow's Alien Warrior Maquette on the secondary market knowing Prime will likely come out with one purely because it was 1/4 scale, which fit better with where I was planning to display it.

To me, SS P2's scale seems like 1/3.5 rather than 1/4. Compare it with 1/4 scale human statue and you'll see. I think Prime1 won't be much larger but will have better details and qualities. The price will be around 2k too but I know full well I'll buy it anyway. :XD

Yeah, Sideshows Predators are definitely bigger than 1/4. Prime 1's versions should be bigger still, but probably not by quite as much as many people expect. Hopefully they will be clever with the poses and bases also in order to make them more manageable.

Not going to sell it :lol Going to keep it. It’s good statue, aside from not having quills, it’s quite nice imo. Will likely pair it with P1M assuming that goes over well not like the Wolf LSB fiasco :lol

Its interesting how their predator 1 piece will look, in 2 minds either to wait until prime 1 release their predator 1 piece, or get the P1 Maquette, depends on the sheer size of their base

Screenshot_20180518-054200_Facebook.jpg

It's nice to see them working on this. But the details could definitely use some refining. I'm sure this is just and early WIP anyway. Looks to be crouching....

it's defn a early WIP cause the netting isn't on there. It looks like they are going with the rooftop scene with him crouching like the old SS dio if I remember correctly. Playing it safe with the pose from the looks of it. I like it so far, but I hope it's a pose that works with him holding the spine trophy.

it's defn a early WIP cause the netting isn't on there. It looks like they are going with the rooftop scene with him crouching like the old SS dio if I remember correctly. Playing it safe with the pose from the looks of it. I like it so far, but I hope it's a pose that works with him holding the spine trophy.

You're thinking of the old Palisades triumphant statue. I still have that thing. It's a product of it's time, but the base still looks great. Sideshow made one on top of the column themed around the drug lords apartment. It could be interesting.

Looks fantastic so far. Crazy details. Pretty sure it will be a stunner in the end.

You're thinking of the old Palisades triumphant statue. I still have that thing. It's a product of it's time, but the base still looks great. Sideshow made one on top of the column themed around the drug lords apartment. It could be interesting.

that's right. I guess we wont know until we see the base. I'm generally not a fan of crouched poses, especially with a very high price tag on it. The large ES numbers will hopefully keep the price below ECC/CM numbers. My only fear is this wouldn't look in scale next to my CM Pred.

I don't think Prime 1's will affect the sales of this piece, as theirs will be significantly more expensive and in a larger scale. Some people refuse to collect above a certain scale, or have a spending limit on their statues. I think this one just isn't that popular.

Also depends where in the world you live too. I've seen this come up for sale a few times in Australia and sold fairly quickly each time. It was under retail though...but nothing sells above retail anymore in today's market.

Actually this is most true. I'm one of them now. I normally will complain about how ss is undersized, less details, lame ex, etc..... but I came to realized just because the p1 version could be better and so cool looking with all the 1:3 stuff mind blowing cool! also the top notch 1:4 stuff is some of the best out there. I was so confused and wanted to get rid of all my ss for p1. I had to think it over hard and came to realize I'm happy with the ss stuff in the end because I just don't have the space, don't want to pay double to triple for every p1 statue, they make. I can tell many is starting to think the same way with most p1 stuff not selling out fast anymore even though they look better than the ss versions.The prices is about 1k-1200k for overall for every statue any scale. Thats just the entry price now. The more detail stuff expect 1500-2500.00. This will probaly start at 1499.99-1999.99. I know exactly what you're saying. If these are 1:3 the space these p1 statues take up would be a nightmare imo. Probably will take up the space of 4-6 ss statues pushed together. Just look at p1 guts alone. he's 1:4 and already takes up the space of 4 ss statues. However I must say I'm excited to see what it looks like. I'm sure it will definitely be the best p2 ever made.

Last edited:
The crouching pose actually interests me. Most Predator pieces have been standing up, and if this is indeed 1/3 scale, it might be easier to display if it's in a crouching pose. It is something different at least.

Back