Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talking P1 or P2 Matt?

Do we know where the "hero bios" reside for each of these (* I don't buy 1:1 bios so have never tracked down the info - BAD Spike! *)

P2, it went missing after shooting finished, I'm sure somebody has a very cool display piece on their mantelpiece somewhere ;) This is why HCG produced the stunt mask rather than the more familiar Hero as it is all they had access to. The P1 props are still around, I'm sure coolprops will have access to them. There aren't even many decent pictures of the original Hero P2 unfortunately, it sure was beautiful though.

P2 stunt mask, used in the scene on top of the moving train for example.

yTo5ImE.jpg

Thanks Matt.

Strange - you would have thought that the original moulds could have been found and "resuscitated" - AND that more than 1 copy of the "HERO" mask would exist :dunno

Yeah, you'd think, I have no idea how they constructed it however, it's possible that they only ever made the one by hand although you'd think they would want a backup in case it was broken during shooting. There was talk last year that it had been discovered in storage, but nothing ever came of it so I suspect that was just a false rumor and it was likely borrowed by a crew member. Shame really, I love my HCG stunt mask, but the hero really was something else. Hopefully Prime 1 and Coolprops will be able to re-create it fairly accurately between them for this, nobody else seems to be able to do it! Sideshows 1:1 was miles off, the maquette was worse. Neca got close with their 1/4 figure but the texture was extremely exaggerated..

Seeing as we're talking pose and base designs on the other forum, I'll add my input here also...

I'm not a gambling man, but having looked at Prime 1's style to date, I'd bet we will see something taken almost directly from this scene, with a stylised base for size restraints. I think there are better options, but as long as the sculpt is accurate and the pose looks natural, I don't really mind what they decide on...

2BqL6EN.jpg
iRNQxat.jpg

As posted elsewhere, I'm likely I'm in the minority (born rebellious :) ) - but I'd rather it wasn't this scene. There have been attempts at the gargoyles before (at much smaller scales) and they tend to overpower the figure. Also - this pose is a little too "static" for me.

There are plenty of other scenes (actual and implied) that I'd pick out before this - including any number of penthouse, alleyway & abattoir shots.

Oh I agree, I think there are better options. I just think this scene is both iconic, and it suits Prime 1's style down to a T so I do think something akin to this is what we'll eventually see.

The one thing I will give to SS is at times they do take risks for dynamic posing on their statues. This doesn't seem to be the case with Prime. I can't even recall any dynamic poses in the 1:3 lines, so I'd bet they go for something like the gargoyle pose. Predators aren't really known for their dynamic movements anyways unless they are climbing in trees. I like the first pic above the most. I can't really recall any scenes that would stand out to me, maybe the Alley scene with a severed King Willie head exclusive?

Yeah, they have pretty free reign pose wise as there aren't too many iconic P2 poses. There's the pictures above, there's crouched although I think that would be a waste in this scale personally. This could work I suppose but would take up a lot of horizontal space...

XvuGgYl.jpg

But I think something like this would be just fine, or maybe standing tall with his spear in his right hand resting on the ground.. switch out trophies for his left

S1D8EVZ.jpg

I think the skull trophy and spear are a must have, any other weapons are a bonus. Since that's the case, really the only scene that makes sense is the rooftop scene.

Fortunately, with a decent art director, it doesn't have to be a copy of a commonly shared movie pic OR any still from the movie.

Off the top of my head, adaptations from any these would be much more preferable to me:

1. The spear stab in the penthouse.
  2. Any of the kills from the penthouse for that matter.
  3. King Willie death blow from alleyway.
  4. Skull-cleaning next to the ships trophy case.
  5. Scaling the wall.
  6. The spear swings from the abattoire.
  7. The gautlet adjust from the abattoire.
  8. The smartdisc throw from the abattoire.
  9. The gun smash from the abattoire.

There have also been some great inspired/implied poses released as prepaints (that Kotobukiya piece springs to mind) as well as Garage kits (Hayes' holding the disc).

What about a pose with his arm cut off and when he patches it up would look pretty cool. Have the glowing blood effect ������������

I wouldn't be surprised if they included a switch out for that, but personally I hope the main statue has all of its limbs in tact.

I wonder if P2 or Wolf is coming out first. It looks like they are only in the early stages of digital sculpting P2.

Back