Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Is Coolprops involved with Prime 1 on Predator?

Yes, it was Prime 1 leaking this image. As far as we know, CP own the license, but P1 are doing the production which can only be a good thing. Hopefully P1 will be involved with all of the Predators (I still don't have much confidence in CP to actually provide good production pieces) I can't wait to see more of this thing..

C'mon Coolprops and Prime1! We're counting on you guys to produce some quality Predator pieces. Someone has to.

Hopefully once their Dog Alien is up for sale, they'll start to reveal more of this. I can't wait! An accurate P2 statue is probably my most wanted collectible...

I don't see why Prime 1 would be involved if they were not producing it. They have earned a reputation of hitting a certain level of quality and I doubt they would want to risk taking a hit to it.

Hopefully once their Dog Alien is up for sale, they'll start to reveal more of this. I can't wait! An accurate P2 statue is probably my most wanted collectible...

Not my most wanted, but I will get it if they produce a good one. Passed on the P2 Maquette because I refuse to settle for 'good enough'.

Not for me as I have SS P2M :lol but I will be ordering this when the time comes as I too was underwhelmed by it and I only hear good things about Prime1. It would be my first Prime1 piece too.

I don't know, can they? lol. People can't get rid of them for way under retail now, can't imagine what will happen when Prime finishes the proto.

I don't think Prime 1's will affect the sales of this piece, as theirs will be significantly more expensive and in a larger scale. Some people refuse to collect above a certain scale, or have a spending limit on their statues. I think this one just isn't that popular.

Also depends where in the world you live too. I've seen this come up for sale a few times in Australia and sold fairly quickly each time. It was under retail though...but nothing sells above retail anymore in today's market.

I don't think Prime 1's will affect the sales of this piece, as theirs will be significantly more expensive and in a larger scale. Some people refuse to collect above a certain scale, or have a spending limit on their statues. I think this one just isn't that popular.

Also depends where in the world you live too. I've seen this come up for sale a few times in Australia and sold fairly quickly each time. It was under retail though...but nothing sells above retail anymore in today's market.

I do disagree with the first half (second line I agree entirely) I think that while the Prime 1 version will be bigger and more expensive, it is pretty much the same customers that they will be aimed at generally, there will be exceptions of course. The P2 maquette, for all of it's many flaws is the only high end option for this character so far. You can bet the same people that bought it will be eyeing up the Prime 1 version also (I am) Also, I used to shudder at the thought of spending so much on collectibles, but the market has changed. With Premium formats having doubled in a very short amount of time and now costing $600-800+, often for very average production pieces. It makes it far easier to swallow the asking price for some of the higher end stuff like Prime 1's 1/3 statues which are often superior in design, added extras and production quality along with being a larger size for the extra money. I think the market is now splitting into two groups (plus those who have given up entirely) The first half who wish to maintain the numbers of statues they buy are now looking more into the 1/5 line, and probably wouldn't have gone for the P2 maquette anyway (it wasn't cheap remember) And the second half (like myself) Are now eyeing up more higher end items that they probably wouldn't have considered before, and buying fewer, but more premium items. Many of these are probably the same people that purchased the P2 maquette I suspect. I bought another because I quite like it and wish to improve it in future. But if P1 release the ultimate version, I'll probably lose any interest I had in the maquette and move it on. You have to imagine others will which will affect the already lowered price for sure.

I do disagree with the first half (second line I agree entirely) I think that while the Prime 1 version will be bigger and more expensive, it is pretty much the same customers that they will be aimed at generally, there will be exceptions of course. The P2 maquette, for all of it's many flaws is the only high end option for this character so far. You can bet the same people that bought it will be eyeing up the Prime 1 version also (I am) Also, I used to shudder at the thought of spending so much on collectibles, but the market has changed. With Premium formats having doubled in a very short amount of time and now costing $600-800+, often for very average production pieces. It makes it far easier to swallow the asking price for some of the higher end stuff like Prime 1's 1/3 statues which are often superior in design, added extras and production quality along with being a larger size for the extra money. I think the market is now splitting into two groups (plus those who have given up entirely) The first half who wish to maintain the numbers of statues they buy are now looking more into the 1/5 line, and probably wouldn't have gone for the P2 maquette anyway (it wasn't cheap remember) And the second half (like myself) Are now eyeing up more higher end items that they probably wouldn't have considered before, and buying fewer, but more premium items. Many of these are probably the same people that purchased the P2 maquette I suspect. I bought another because I quite like it and wish to improve it in future. But if P1 release the ultimate version, I'll probably lose any interest I had in the maquette and move it on. You have to imagine others will which will affect the already lowered price for sure.

Sunday morning catz sez this is good post.

kim-jong-un-cat-scratching-post-thumb.jpg

No big surprise that you and I both fall in the "second half" camp my friend.

What's the exclusive on this piece? A baby icbm?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sunday morning catz sez this is good post.

No big surprise that you and I both fall in the "second half" camp my friend.

No surprise at all... I simply can't wait to see Prime 1's take on this. I wonder if it has anything to do with Narin cancelling his now I think about it?

Back