Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it is a mistake as they have shipped plenty of them at this point. When I asked for a quote early on, they predicted it would be around $120 to the UK, I paid $40. I suspect Sidehsow have heavily subsidies the shipping on this at their expense. Whatever the reason, we are winning big time as I paid more than this for all of my recent orders, all of which were much smaller and lighter.

That is very cheap for shipping there, less than to me in the US would be.

Yeah, $40 is a 'firm' quote and charged.

Nice little incentive for International customers. Still have to contend with the Fed-Ex bill :(

I am dreading the fedex bill, once this starts to ship for me in August, defiantly preparing my cash in ready for the bill

I don't think it is a mistake as they have shipped plenty of them at this point. When I asked for a quote early on, they predicted it would be around $120 to the UK, I paid $40. I suspect Sidehsow have heavily subsidised the shipping on this at their expense. Whatever the reason, we are winning big time as I paid more than this for all of my recent orders, all of which were much smaller and lighter.

I am from the UK is well, and I got the 40 dollar shipping costs which is a surprise

40$ to Finland as well, so 999$ total. Last time I did ask for shipping quote they said at least 200$. However mine shipped already last week - should be here on next Friday :yess:

Dear Collector, we wanted to respond to your question about the Predator 2 Maquette discount. Sideshow offered a very small group of collectors a unique discount on a few legacy pieces, one of which was the Predator 2 Maquette. We do this from time to time, with different groups of customers, made up all of types of collectors –maybe you’ve received a discount in the past that others have not.

With that, please know our marketing team works incredibly hard to produce great newsletter content with not only current product information, and updates on new and legacy licensed pieces, but wonderful promos, discounts, special offers, etc. It was not our intention to make anyone feel excluded as a collector, and we apologize if you feel that way. The walls of Sideshow HQ are filled with collectors and fanboys/fangirls, we all wat to be included, and we want you to feel included, but we also want you to understand that not all promos/codes/offers are distributed to all collectors. Thanks for taking the time to read this through this, please let us know if you have any other questions about ongoing promos.

Happy Collecting,

Sideshow Support team

Got mine today. No pics unfortunately...rainy weather and bad lighting indoors. Basically, everything about this looks much much better in hand. It's a very big piece. Base has a nice heft to it, as does the actual figure. Magnets on the hands and disc could be stronger but also could be much weaker. I think I prefer the reg, discless hand actually.

Obviously all the flaws are still there, but seeing this stand tall among all my other pieces is very cool. Will give this one some time to simmer before deciding to keep or not. If I do keep it, I'm definitely adding some quills to it.

Anyways I spoke to sideshow today because I had to push my last payment through and I asked about this discount frenzy thing. And they basically told me that some guy had left the item in the cart and it generated a 20% discount which is basically a one-time discount that pops up actually had that happen, is this what happened I'm just confused

Got mine today. No pics unfortunatly...rainy weather and bad lighting indoors. Basically, everything about this looks much much better in hand. It's a very big piece. Base has a nice heft to it, as does the actual figure. Magnets on the hands and disc could be stronger but also could be much weaker. I think I prefer the reg, discless hand actually.

Obviously all the flaws are still there, but seeing this stand tall among all my other pieces is very cool. Will give this one some time to simmer before deciding to keep or not. If I do keep it, I'm definitely adding some quills to it.
So undecided?

I really want to add quills, but can't see myself drilling into an expensive statue.

So undecided?

I really want to add quills, but can't see myself drilling into an expensive statue.

You can pay someone to do it Col! You saved $230 on the statue, so you're winning and getting the statue the way you want. And on the subject of money all you wolf predator fans just saw a wolf lsf on eBay really cheap, too bad I don't have extra money or I would buy it myself.

Anyway congratulations to all that own this new p2 maquette, hope it looks great in your collections.

Got mine today. No pics unfortunately...rainy weather and bad lighting indoors. Basically, everything about this looks much much better in hand. It's a very big piece. Base has a nice heft to it, as does the actual figure. Magnets on the hands and disc could be stronger but also could be much weaker. I think I prefer the reg, discless hand actually.

If there were great experts out there who can create the 2 heads to fit this statue, I would pay someone to make a masked and unmasked head, hell why not combine both? one thing this piece will always bug me is the 2 head pieces

Back