Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my buds over on SF posted this video link. MUCH better close-up shots.

Based on reviews so far, I'm drawing the conclusion that this will generally appeal to people who are more casual in their interest in the character. For those folks - they don't even spot (or care about) the glaring (and not so glaring) issues.

This guy is the same - he admits he normally wouldn't buy "non-comic" characters but made an exception with this one. Always good to add another Predator collector to the masses though.

This really shows off that godawful overspray on the bases - wow that's bad. Also makes it easy to spot (no pun intended) the rather poor paint application with the black dots on the feet and hands.

Well worth watching this video.

As just posted on SF - Matt - LMAO - I had a bet with myself you'd cave - I just won :) - but then I would have EITHER way of course.

As replied over there ;) ....

I'm glad it was with yourself, I certainly can't afford to pay up now I've just spent so much on this damn Predator statue ;)

Seriously though, and honestly for a minute, despite having just laid down so much money, I can't deny that I'm not blown away by it as is clear by now .I've been critical of many aspects of it (deservedly so) Although I hope I've also come across as balanced in my criticisms by pointing out the good bits also and trying to be positive where possible. I do think that this is ultimately a missed opportunity, I really do, it is so incredibly close to being an insanely good P2, but a very poor head sculpt drags it down somewhat among a couple of other niggles, if Dave had had his way during the cancellation, I suspect this would be held in the same kind of regard as the CM and wolf etc as it really is that close to being superb, oh well.. On the flip side however, while it isn't in the same league as the P1, it is still undoubtedly a decent statue and I feel I will regret it if I don't at least give it a fair shot in person. Especially after all of this time and everything we have been through, I just felt like it was time for me to put up, or shut up. I do buy it in the full knowledge that it will require a fair bit of work, and after thinking long and hard, I decided to just say **** it and take the plunge. I hope I can get over the less desirable parts and enjoy it, we'll see soon..

Hahha, nice congrats Python. . Even with all these issues, I'm still thinking of ordering it. I would love for prime 1 to announce they have the predator license but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Congrats Matt, you crazy bastard!

Looks better in that video. Obviously had a better painter than the one who did the face on the pictures posted earlier.
As already noted the armour looks fantastic.

$40 shipping? Crazy cheap. Pity the pound is so weak.

Haha, thanks. Yeah, I worked out the exchange rate and nearly fell over.. Can't wait for the import duty bill for this one. Shipping is a bargain, if this were another company such as chronicle, it would probably be $200, at $40 I am very happy...

I'll be sure to leave my honest feedback when he arrives next week . and thanks clawwolf, I'll let you know how I feel from being on a similar position.

Here's my call - and I SINCERELY hope I'm wrong (and I feel guilty even posting this because I'm being a killjoy).

You've been wobbling back-and-forth on this for so long because things really bothered you.

I think when you open it, you'll get the "new toy" rush and will be reasonably pleased.

As time goes by - those things that ticked you off for the last 2 years will STILL tick you off. Then you'll start to regret buying it.

However - If ANYONE deserves to be pleasantly surprised - it's YOU my friend. I hope it knocks your socks off.

I don't do the new toy hype thing fortunately, I'm actually the opposite as things tend to grow on me. I'm more likely to notice the bad bits straight out of the box because I'm a cynical semi old git just like yourself ;) I fear I will always notice bits that bug me, but maybe I'll notice the more positive aspects in person. Thank you though, I hope I enjoy it for what it is, a decent statue, if not a definitive one. If not, at least I can say I tried.

I don't do the new toy hype thing fortunately, I'm actually the opposite as things tend to grow on me. I'm more likely to notice the bad bits straight out of the box because I'm a cynical semi old git just like yourself ;) I fear I will always notice bits that bug me, but maybe I'll notice the more positive aspects in person. Thank you though, I hope I enjoy it for what it is, a decent statue, if not a definitive one. If not, at least I can say I tried.

Hey - I resemble that remark! :lol

One of my buds over on SF posted this video link. MUCH better close-up shots.

Based on reviews so far, I'm drawing the conclusion that this will generally appeal to people who are more casual in their interest in the character. For those folks - they don't even spot (or care about) the glaring (and not so glaring) issues.

This guy is the same - he admits he normally wouldn't buy "non-comic" characters but made an exception with this one. Always good to add another Predator collector to the masses though.

This really shows off that godawful overspray on the bases - wow that's bad. Also makes it easy to spot (no pun intended) the rather poor paint application with the black dots on the feet and hands.

Well worth watching this video.

He does look awesome in this video! Thanks for the link!

Holy Crap!!!

Thought i'd try something out. I remembered if you leave an item in your cart sometimes a discount pops up.
Thought i'd give it a try in the hope of a 10% discount...
A 20% discount popped up!!!

Ordered for $999.99 including postage! :panic:

2vuwyz6.png

Holy Crap!!!

Thought i'd try something out. I remembered if you leave an item in your cart sometimes a discount pops up.
Thought i'd give it a try in the hope of a 10% discount...
A 20% discount popped up!!!

Ordered for $999.99 including postage! :panic:

LOL - I think there's something up with their website - I tried it out of curiosity and it wants to charge me double - I'm serious!

Back