Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

I also think this looks good, but do I want to pay $1500-$1600 for this after shipping, taxes and losing on the exchange rate. The more I look at it the more I seem to like it though.

I don't really mind the way the dreads stick out.. Doesn't look bad.. I also hope they do provide a stand for the spare head.. If not I may try sculpting one myself..no way I'm gonna leave it in the box

I don't really mind the way the dreads stick out.. Doesn't look bad.. I also hope they do provide a stand for the spare head.. If not I may try sculpting one myself..no way I'm gonna leave it in the box

The dreds don't bother me either. The tiny spear on the other hand is giving me Darth Maul LSF flashbacks!

I don't really mind the way the dreads stick out.. Doesn't look bad..

I guess we all have our own opinions, I think it looks terrible personally and it is a mistake they repeat. The point isn't how they look to us as individuals though, the point is the P2's don't stick out like that... so the p2 maquettes shouldn't either, more so given the premium price.

Same point with the spear, a few people have said now how they prefer the smaller less bulky spear on this. Well that's fine, I actually agree to be honest, but that is irrelevant as the P2's spear was big and bulky so that is how it should have been replicated on a P2 statue. You may as well take it further and say take his armor off as it looks a bit restrictive. It wouldn't be the P2 if you did and it isn't quite the P2 as it is. I'm glad some of you like it and will get a wicked piece for your collections. For me though after years of waiting, this isn't the P2 statue I was hoping for. A few small changes and it could well be though.

I guess we all have our own opinions, I think it looks terrible personally and it is a mistake they repeat. The point isn't how they look to us as individuals though, the point is the P2's don't stick out like that... so the p2 maquettes shouldn't either, more so given the premium price.

Same point with the spear, a few people have said now how they prefer the smaller less bulky spear on this. Well that's fine, I actually agree to be honest, but that is irrelevant as the P2's spear was big and bulky so that is how it should have been replicated on a P2 statue. You may as well take it further and say take his armor off as it looks a bit restrictive. It wouldn't be the P2 if you did and it isn't quite the P2 as it is. I'm glad some of you like it and will get a wicked piece for your collections. For me though after years of waiting, this isn't the P2 statue I was hoping for. A few small changes and it could well be though.

Are these the only differences? Are there any comparison shots on this thread between the statue and how it looked in the movie?

Are these the only differences? Are there any comparison shots on this thread between the statue and how it looked in the movie?

No there is plenty, but saying the netting is too think etc would be very much nitpicking. The sticky out dreads and the small spear are the main concerns as the are very obvious. The base is a matter of personal preference but it seems more dislike it than like it.

Dreads and a really cool rapper just to exaggerate what the problem is if you can't picture what we're trying to say...

No there is plenty, but saying the netting is too think etc would be very much nitpicking. The sticky out dreads and the small spear are the main concerns as the are very obvious. The base is a matter of personal preference but it seems more dislike it than like it.

Dreads and a really cool rapper just to exaggerate what the problem is if you can't picture what we're trying to say...

Ok I see what everyone is talking about, the dreads are pretty bad very inaccurate and that picture of Coolio did help explain it better to.

Does this piece come with a switch out left hand that isn't holding anything? Or are buyers forced to display a breather mask (bad decision in my opinion... Should have been a human spine and skull) or the inaccurate spear??

Can someone from Sideshow chime in?

Does this piece come with a switch out left hand that isn't holding anything? Or are buyers forced to display a breather mask (bad decision in my opinion... Should have been a human spine and skull) or the inaccurate spear??

Can someone from Sideshow chime in?

Mask or Spear from pictures and description.

Predator2maquette_zpse0edef30.jpg

:lecture Great comparison pics showing how bad the maquette's bio is .

It's weird that while making the statues nobody notices the inaccuracies with them, you must have 20-30 people look at them and they never point out the problems? Even with the source material right in front of them while sculpting they make errors. So the dreadlocks, the spear, and the bio-mask are not accurate along with the missing trophies. If they want to sell this statue for the price they have to fix all of the problems.

It's weird that while making the statues nobody notices the inaccuracies with them, you must have 20-30 people look at them and they never point out the problems? Even with the source material right in front of them while sculpting they make errors. So the dreadlocks, the spear, and the bio-mask are not accurate along with the missing trophies. If they want to sell this statue for the price they have to fix all of the problems.

Has sideshow ever been big on accuracy though? Like I love the Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees part III that they did but it is far from accurate. It's just a Jason Voorhees statue with a hockey mask on. The Hockey mask looks nothing like the mask from part III. I personally think Sideshow doesn't care and just makes the character and not an accurate representation of the character IMO. :thud:

That's what you got from SS' in-house product. Cheaper than jointed one but inaccurate. Even miracle happens sometime like Big Chap maquette, there still have rooms for improvements.
If this guy have bloody bone trophy in his left and spear in his right hand then I'll pull the trigger. But this? Hmm...

Last edited:

What missing trophies?

Maybe he's talking about the skull and spine he held in his left hand. Or maybe the decapitated King Willie head.

Well, they're not really missing. Just scene specific.
Indeed, how could they not include that! Along with the slaughter house meet on hooks, the bathroom sink, and the spaceship! :D

A skull spine on his hand like the shot he is on the roof of that building instead of that stupid breather mask, that's how you make an exclusive.

Maybe it would require an entire arm switch out but it would have been worth the shot.

A skull spine on his hand like the shot he is on the roof of that building instead of that stupid breather mask, that's how you make an exclusive.

Maybe it would require an entire arm switch out but it would have been worth the shot.

Agree...........

Yep the skull trophy hand was a no brainer but given the lack of obvious thought that has gone into this piece it's no shock it wasn't included.

Back