Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

So this has turned into a bad sculpt now? :dunno

For the skull and spine it would need to be a more aggressive pose with a raised arm. Would be a strange pose if he had just ripped someones head off.

:lecture Great comparison pics showing how bad the maquette's bio is .

You know, I was sat up far too late last night looking through various images, I'm pretty sure that they sculpted this based on the Stunt bio, it fits the shape more and it even has the same dull colour. It is much too narrow but I could live with it unlike the other points I've been whining about... I'd probably just airbrush the hero colours on as I prefer it myself.

So this has turned into a bad sculpt now? :dunno

For the skull and spine it would need to be a more aggressive pose with a raised arm. Would be a strange pose if he had just ripped someones head off.

I actually agree, for it's faults the actual sculpt is beautiful... And I like the subtle pose, I think an empty hand would have been much better than the breather that nobody will want to display anyway, that could just leve that out and pass the savings on to us... say $6-700 ;)

I actually agree, for it's faults the actual sculpt is beautiful... And I like the subtle pose, I think an empty hand would have been much better than the breather that nobody will want to display anyway, that could just leve that out and pass the savings on to us... say $6-700 ;)
Empty hand would be nice but I think disc in hand and mask in the other will be how I will display most of the time. If the spear does end up looking silly it will stay in the box.
Disk and mask is basically the Ex display.

The sneak did have an empty left hand, unless it was Photoshopped to hide an extra?

Wonder what the odds are of the factory putting netting on every body part?

You know, I was sat up far too late last night looking through various images, I'm pretty sure that they sculpted this based on the Stunt bio, it fits the shape more and it even has the same dull colour. It is much too narrow but I could live with it unlike the other points I've been whining about... I'd probably just airbrush the hero colours on as I prefer it myself.

Yes I must agree it was based off of the stunt mask and HCG's P2 mask, the spear might have been shortened and slimed just to mae it look more realistic with the maquette

I would've rather them added a trophy that could be strung around his back like the spine trophy on the P1 maquette. I remember seeing a scene with the trophy like that, but I suppose it couldn't be hard to make.

To the lay person, it'll look like he's carrying a fancy cigar cutter in his right hand and a dead armadillo in his left.

Thank you Sideshow!

23lh8p0.jpg

Wow, I'm really considering this based on the fancy cigar cutter and dead armadillo!

I just stumbled across this little video of the making of the P2 suit, thought people might enjoy seeing how it came about.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HuE9ka8zY[/ame]

And one for all Predator fans, the old crew back together talking about their time on Predator. Some great stuff in this.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8SQUWr1w6g[/ame]

I also spent last night watching P2 on blu ray and taking screen shots of him in every seen, I was hoping inside that I had been a little overly critical with regards to the Dreads... I really haven't though. I so hope SS fix them up so I can buy this thing and love it!! One thing is certain though, spending so long going back and forth through all the scenes reminded me just why I love the P2 so much, just a bad *** all round.

Yeah I love P2 as well. I also like the P2 design better than the original, especially the mask and the bronze coloring.

That's why it sucks I won't be getting this. I just can't justify it no matter how much I love the character.

A really cool dynamic pose or something with the spear might have hooked me. I hope someone one day makes a 1/4 P2 over looking the City or in a battle stance with his weapons.

Looks like there is going to be a blog entry on SideshowExperience about the P2 maquette today according to facebook.

Sucks how the disk mount will ALWAYS remain empty on the predators right hip. Sideshow should have included a magnetized closed disk to mount into the empty disk-holster if you choose to display him with the empty right hand.

Not very good decisions made from the wrists down on this.

JMO

Sucks how the disk mount will ALWAYS remain empty on the predators right hip. Sideshow should have included a magnetized closed disk to mount into the empty disk-holster if you choose to display him with the empty right hand.

Not very good decisions made from the wrists down on this.

JMO

There are pictures of the holder with a disc in it.
We need more information as to exactly what we're getting.

Back