Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

I ordered it.. No hesitation. I don't have any of the other big predators so I had to get it. I hope to get a p1 maquette at some point.

1,000 would be suicide for them, Sideshow isn't that stupid.

sideshow-collectibles-premium-format-batman-ex-01.jpg

That piece costs $400, this one is $1,200. It should be similar to Optimus Prime, 150 and 500.

Well all the reg. 1/5 predator statues are still in stock so they probably want to see how much interest the p2 generates before deciding the ES.. To avoid being stuck with statues that aren't selling...

ordered it too

for a european customer like me it's going to be expensive as hell but it's better to order it now than to regret it later

i'll just pass on a few other statues in order to be able to afford this one

I wouldn't care if they made a hundred thousand. There becomes a point where my brain cant justify something. I reached that point with the Sauron Premium format, a massive piece but at 900 plus shipping a grand for a statue was just not sitting right with me. Also this I think is at 28 inches it's 8 inches shorter and smaller over all than the $300 less Sauron PF.

At$1200 plus shipping I'm looking at probably $1400? The worst thing is unless your in America you NEVER make your money back if you have to sell. I can buy a the latest technological advancements - the Playstation 4 then buy the Xbox 1 then buy some games and I MIGHT be near $1400.

Poly-stone/resin aint worth that much to me, no matter if it's the coolest damn statue I ever saw (which to be honest this one is not).

But good luck to those that order it, it looks good if I ignore the ludicrous price. To be clear as well I'm not really a moaner when it comes to these things but I think I found my cap lol.

Last edited:

Massive Congrats to all those who will be PO'ing this...looks great :clap Unfortunately i'm going to have to pass on this one resulting in me selling my Dutch Schaeffer PF EX :( Will wait patiently for another ultimate Classic Predator Maquette but cant forsee anything arriving soon :( :impatient:

Sideshow is been crazy on es, I believer they will make a lot of them, specially the regular. Now I can't decide to buy the regular or ex, regular will be $200 less

Man Robertobagg10 you can't sell Dutch, he is bada$$!!!

That's nothing dude, i'm even selling my Enterbay BD T-800 which is considered one of the best all time 1/4 figures :slap:(

All have to go im afraid...got some amazing new pieces arriving in the next few months which i'm really excited about so having to part with some of my collection to help fund it and to create space too. Dutch is a great PF but to be honest I only want to display him with a Classic Pred and I unfortunately missed the boat with Sideshows one. I doubt they'll be releasing another anytime soon so Dutch is a gonna! :( Plus mine comes with the customised base too! :(

I'm the same Roberto, I sold some stuff to get other items but then I gave myself a shake and I think I've realised this hobby is only for the super rich or people with a lot of expendable income.

When I got Dutch I thought he was the coolest thing I ever saw, then 9 months down the line I'm thinking about selling him for something else....Where do you draw the line on that? Next year I'll be selling me Predator 2 Maquette for the next latest and greatest. It sucks because Predator is hands down my favorite thing to collect.

I'm pretty much done with the Hobby now, I cancelled all my PO's and lost a bit of cash but it'll save me in the long run. It was good while it lasted but these last few months have sealed the deal for me.

I look at the Gladiator hulk at $600 and then the Predator 2 at $1200? DOES NOT COMPUTE :cuckoo:. I was never a fan of bagging out Sideshow and they have been good to me but they've just isolated the hobby to the super wealthy.

I'm the same Roberto, I sold some stuff to get other items but then I gave myself a shake and I think I've realised this hobby is only for the super rich or people with a lot of expendable income.

When I got Dutch I thought he was the coolest thing I ever saw, then 9 months down the line I'm thinking about selling him for something else....Where do you draw the line on that? Next year I'll be selling me Predator 2 Maquette for the next latest and greatest. It sucks because Predator is hands down my favorite thing to collect.

I'm pretty much done with the Hobby now, I cancelled all my PO's and lost a bit of cash but it'll save me in the long run. It was good while it lasted but these last few months have sealed the deal for me.

I look at the Gladiator hulk at $600 and then the Predator 2 at $1200? DOES NOT COMPUTE :cuckoo:. I was never a fan of bagging out Sideshow and they have been good to me but they've just isolated the hobby to the super wealthy.

Can only sympathise with you bro :1-1: its a great hobby to be in but boy is it an expensive hobby. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dutch PF and its a shame I have to part with it but as I've explained a few times before...collections always change at one time or another. Whether that be in a new direction of tastes or something as simple as downsizing for future pieces or merely downsizing period. My collection is going down a different path...again! :slap:lol Going to be concentrating on my LSF line and 1:1 busts which means I've decided to also downsize my 1/4 collection to just those pieces which I see as unsellable (ie. such as the old school classics like the Hulk PF, Doom PF, Thor PF, Spiderman Com, Captain America PF, etc...)

As each year goes by we are always sucked in to new and more incredible releases that we never saw coming and ones which just have us falling to our knees in amazement. Its sad but true that to continue this hobby year in year out...something has to give and in most cases having to sell parts of your collection to fund the new stuff is the only solution :(

Last edited:

Massive Congrats to all those who will be PO'ing this...looks great :clap Unfortunately i'm going to have to pass on this one resulting in me selling my Dutch Schaeffer PF EX :( Will wait patiently for another ultimate Classic Predator Maquette but cant forsee anything arriving soon :( :impatient:

By the time they release another classic predator 1/4 scale, I bet it will be pushing $1,500.

By the time they release another classic predator 1/4 scale, I bet it will be pushing $1,500.

That's verging on LSF prices...but it will certainly be over $1000...wonder how many people here who we're going to buy the Pred 2 maquette have now passed on it due to the price? Shame the Wolf Predator LSF is sold out as that's almost the same price they're asking for this maquette! I personally think it's crazy money for a 1/4 :horror:

I think $800 was hopeful , $900 -1000 was realistic (lets be honest each PF seems to go up about $100 every 3 months) but $1200 just seems like -

"lets see how far we can push this til people snap".

They must have a pricing plan and I'd be interested to see it and how they decide because there are glaring contradictions everywhere you look.

I can only imagine the paint must sky rocket this piece into that pricing band because it's not complicated, it's not the biggest PF and it's not got a lot of mixed media. Either that or the license costs a lot. It has to be the perfect statue for that premium.

There are so many flaws on this thing, I'm not even that **** about stuff and I've not looked at many pictures but I can see instantly 3 things they've got wrong or look bad.

I know where you're coming from. I go through this every once in a while. Sold off a lot of stuff and only buying very little now a days. I only have Conan and RS on PO right now and even at that, sometimes I wonder if I should of. It's not that I don't have the money, cause I make an excellent salary. To me it's not worth it to pay $1200+ to have something just sitting there to look at.

Well that's what most art is, just to look at. It feels different when it's in your home compared to seeing it in other peoples collections. If there is something that excites you more, than ya, prolly isn't the right hobby for you. All I do is work now, have no time for other passions such as women or sports, so I really have nothing better to spend money on, and what's the point of working so hard if your not gonna spend any of it?

Well that's what most art is, just to look at. It feels different when it's in your home compared to seeing it in other peoples collections. If there is something that excites you more, than ya, prolly isn't the right hobby for you. All I do is work now, have no time for other passions such as women or sports, so I really have nothing better to spend money on, and what's the point of working so hard if your not gonna spend any of it?

I see your point, and this used to excite me, but now I just see it as expensive nick nacks :lol I spend tons of $$$ in my home theater but I've never regretted that and still don't. Can't say the same about statues and figures. I will buy here and there, but very few from now on. The home theater I share with a lot of people for their enjoyment, so it's worth it to me. I could buy a nice piece of equipment for $1200 instead of a statue. To each their own as they say.

PS. Who's the cute redhead in your sig ?

Back