Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

So what does the P1 Maquette (not CM) go for these days, if one could find one

Well all the reg. 1/5 predator statues are still in stock so they probably want to see how much interest the p2 generates before deciding the ES.. To avoid being stuck with statues that aren't selling...

They are still in stock because the paint sucked monkey *****. If anything they should look at all that stock and consider upping their game.

They are still in stock because the paint sucked monkey *****. If anything they should look at all that stock and consider upping their game.

Hmmmm...I've just got the Scar which is pretty cool and the Wolf which is amazing for a 1:5 statue. Really shocked how good he is.

Did get them under retail though. Wouldn't of bothered a full price but still, pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Hmmmm...I've just got the Scar which is pretty cool and the Wolf which is amazing for a 1:5 statue. Really shocked how good he is.

Did get them under retail though. Wouldn't of bothered a full price but still, pleasantly surprised.

Excuse me buddy, I've only just recently started ordering directly from Sideshow again. The last things I ever received directly from them came from their EU warehouse here in the UK. So I've never experienced receiving a product from them with our astronomical VAT/import duties.

Anyhoo, I'm awfully tempted by this controversial, yet awesome, Predator 2 Maquette & I was hoping that you could give me a bit of information on some worse case scenarios regarding fees.

If I purchase this with a single payment will the $120.00 NRD cover the shipping cost?

If so, then that still leaves the full $1199.99 which at the mo' works out at around £750.00. The pound is quite lousy against the dollar right now so hopefully it won't be much worse when charge day arrives.

So after I receive this statue how long can I excpect the extra bill for VAT/import duties & what kind of cost will I be looking at?

Also, what kind of charge can I expect from my bank for this foreign currency charge of $1199.99? I was charged £1.25 for the recent NRD on the Alien Warrior LSB & that was only $36.00.

Any information from your good self or anyone else would be much appreciated.

Hey Matt.
Right...
NRD 10% of the cost just to secure your order.
Postage will be added when you pay the other 90%. We don't know how much that will be but guessing around $40-50.
One week to a month after you receive your item you will get a Fed-Ex bill for 20% of the item value plus about £10 handling fee.
Bank charges are probably dependent on where you bank but I'm charged 2.99% for international transactions.

If you're not bothered about the Ex you could simply order from CDUK or MB for £900 and get it a couple of months later.

Guessing direct will cost up to £950 all in.

Hope this helps. Painfull I know but necessary if you really want one.

That's awesome! Thanks for the speedy response. & thanks for the friend request. :duff

I guess it wouldn't be much cheaper to buy this from a UK retailer so it would make sense to just order the Ex directly from Sideshow. Although this hasn't appeared yet on the Forbidden Planet website.

I'm just waiting for either an EX edition size or a low quantity alert before I actually pull the trigger on this. Mind you, if this was a P1 or Berserker Maquette the trigger would have already been pulled. :)

That's awesome! Thanks for the speedy response. & thanks for the friend request. :duff

I guess it wouldn't be much cheaper to buy this from a UK retailer so it would make sense to just order the Ex directly from Sideshow. Although this hasn't appeared yet on the Forbidden Planet website.

I'm just waiting for either an EX edition size or a low quantity alert before I actually pull the trigger on this. Mind you, if this was a P1 or Berserker Maquette the trigger would have already been pulled. :)

Forget FP mate.
Usually more expensive, MB does price match and both MB & CDUK have reward point schemes.

Ex deffo worth paying a bit more though :wink1:

Oh Yeh... :welcome

:lol
If I hadn't dropped the NRD I'd be bloody tempted!

Yeah well with both heads being in the regular, the EX really isn't so important with this one. I doubt the EX and reg will have anywhere near the same gap in desirability as the P1 maquette does.

Ahem... (adopts best Colombo voice)...

There is just one more thing... :)

The Ex edition size, will they only drop that on us with a newsletter or could it drop anytime?

Ahem... (adopts best Colombo voice)...

There is just one more thing... :)

The Ex edition size, will they only drop that on us with a newsletter or could it drop anytime?

Well this is the big question. Your guess is a good as ours I'm afraid.

Edit... Dammit Col!!

Back