Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Either way, I notice that people complain about their practices yet they continue to say " But damn I just have to have it! Ordered ". If everybody stopped ordering products from them as of today they would drop the " TBD " nonsense by next week.

Prob is Gag we make up just a small fraction of those who PO. Would be interesting to know how much it would affect the final number if all freaks rallied together to see the outcome.

you got me wrong, i dont mean to hold the order in an attempt to get a lower es or as a protest. That never works.

i was responding to the concern that one has to pay $100+ nrd without knowing the es - a point i agree with strongly but ss could careless. So all i was saying is just wait until the es is announced before PO. If it is the number you are ok with then order it, otherwise roll the dice and wait for it after release and pick it up for a nice haircut on the price. Just dont make that choice until the es is announced.

That's what i have been doing for a while. You guys have to realize ss just doesnt care, it's just a big entity like any other business there is no 1 person or persons you can complain to.

So wait for es announcement, if like then order
Then upon delivery, if quality is subpar, file a return and get a full refund.

Done and done, much less stress.

you got me wrong, i dont mean to hold the order in an attempt to get a lower es or as a protest. That never works.

i was responding to the concern that one has to pay $100+ nrd without knowing the es - a point i agree with strongly but ss could careless. So all i was saying is just wait until the es is announced before PO. If it is the number you are ok with then order it, otherwise roll the dice and wait for it after release and pick it up for a nice haircut on the price. Just dont make that choice until the es is announced.

That's what i have been doing for a while. You guys have to realize ss just doesnt care, it's just a big entity like any other business there is no 1 person or persons you can complain to.

Agreed. I'm on board with that.

If they didn't require a deposit like before then it wouldn't be a problem. You are basically throwing your money at the wind and hoping.

If they didn't require a deposit like before then it wouldn't be a problem. You are basically throwing your money at the wind and hoping.

Hoping for what?
Low ES will be a huge bonus but the lack of wouldn't stop me ordering.
Still cheaper than a LSF and it will have a precious number.

Hoping you get a low edition size along with it being a good product. The smaller the edition size the better quality a product should be, coupled with the price being high. If you don't value your money then what I am talking about doesn't matter.

Hoping you get a low edition size along with it being a good product. The smaller the edition size the better quality a product should be, coupled with the price being high. If you don't value your money then what I am talking about doesn't matter.

I truely value my money and if I ever need to sell I want as much of it back as possible.
I also value my collection :wink1:
I made a good profit on my 'Savage' LSB purely because it had a low number. The standard bust would of lost me heaps.

I hope this is to a high quality with a low ES (for the record)
Will you order if it's below 500? What would you consider to be low enough?

The exclusive should be no more than 200 for the price, 150 like the Optimus exclusive should be the edition size. 500 would be laughable and ridiculous.

Isn't there a chance that the ex could be on wait list before the ES is announced?

There is, but if you keep a watchful eye on it Waitlist it. Your almost guaranteed a conversion. I would take the chance.

Isn't there a chance that the ex could be on wait list before the ES is announced?

in the past yes, not recently. Nowdays they just take all the preorders then add plenty of buffer to make the ES. Some popular ex pieces will still get soldout relatively quick after ES is announced if it's a low number as everyone waiting like myself will then place the order but you will always have plenty of time. Also with an expensive piece like this there will always be quite a few cancellations so if you got on the waitlist early very good chance of convert.

PS you guys are dreaming with those 300 ES, expect around 1000 ES for the ex.

1,000 would be suicide for them, Sideshow isn't that stupid.

Thanks to everyone who responded about the Hot Toys with various thoughts and opinions on the subject! :) Sorry I didn't respond earlier, as I haven't been at the computer today, but it was interesting to hear how some grab whatever come, and other prefer to spend the money on statues!

I'm with those who say they order whatever appeals to them, but totally understand those who stick to one or simply don't like the figures. The only Predator Hot Toy I have at the moment (and likely the only one I'll ever own -- even though they all look so great!) is the Samurai Predator, which I absolutely love! I do wish they offered that original statue that the figure was based off of, as I'd love to own that as well (and if they did offer it beforehand, I guess that was well before my collecting days :) )

Back