Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Biomask on the NECA figure is awful. But that won't matter too much. I'll be going for the unmasked look on my shelf.

Yeah, spear is underscaled. :(

As for King Willy's head as an EX... take a look at the 1/6 P2 Hot Toys thread. We've been begging for one there before the release of that figure. Of course, we all know how that went.

The Sideshow piece certainly has one weak *** spear. Why is it so small? Looks like they barrowed it from the Hot Toys 1/6 figure.:slap

But NECA's looks a bit too big (even though I'd prefer that).

predator-2-1990-06-g_zps7efaa5f1.jpg
I hope they get it right before they ship it out. It is a much awaited piece for many Pred fans.

What's with the chest armor on both pieces? Can you comment on this, Nathan?

And thanks to mutant-man for taking the time to give us an idea of scale.
Looks like 1:4...

sdcc_zps0d0d049e.jpg

Well the anticipation was getting to me to find out more about this so I put a ruler to that picture. starting level with his finger tips it is 6.5cm down to the base, from there up is 3.3cm so if his arm is 17 inches as described then this Maquette will be roughly 25.6 inches including the base. This is obviously very rough guess work but gives us an idea. ;)

Well the anticipation was getting to me to find out more about this so I put a ruler to that picture. starting level with his finger tips it is 6.5cm down to the base, from there up is 3.3cm so if his arm is 17 inches as described then this Maquette will be roughly 25.6 inches including the base. This is obviously very rough guess work but gives us an idea. ;)

I guessed about 25" doing that as soon as mm posted the pictures :hi5:

:hi5: I hope we get a second portrait and switch out hand as standard, no Ex.
Would be a huge bonus to order this locally.

Agreed.
An EX means I would be tempted to order direct from Sideshow, which I really do not want to do if at all possible. It's cheaper for me to order from out of state.

really excited about this piece now after a not so fussed reaction at the beginning. This is definately a pre order for me!!

Bigger pic of the unmasked portrait now up on Sideshow's preview page:

Looks good. The whole thing is not hundred percent accurate, but looks good. My only complaint would be that tiny spear. Ironically, the darth maul saber was too big, etc. SS still don't manage well spears :lol

Yeah, the spear in the film was very imposing, chunky and at least as tall as the predator himself.

As long as its not too delicate on the maquette, I don't mind too much, most of the rest of him is spot on IMO

Biomask on the NECA figure is awful. But that won't matter too much. I'll be going for the unmasked look on my shelf.

Yeah, spear is underscaled. :(

As for King Willy's head as an EX... take a look at the 1/6 P2 Hot Toys thread. We've been begging for one there before the release of that figure. Of course, we all know how that went.

Spear might be a bit small but i would have preferred it collapsed and not extended. Im just worried about how thin and easy to break it will be lol

Spear might be a bit small but i would have preferred it collapsed and not extended. Im just worried about how thin and easy to break it will be lol

A collapsed option would be cool! One of my favourite shots of the predator in the film is when he his stood in the slaughter house after collapsing the spear, looking at Keyes. Very similar to the pose of the maquette

Hopefully the spear is an easy fix.
It's my one main gripe right now, but we'll see when they announce the price which one is worse.

Back