Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

Spear might be a bit small but i would have preferred it collapsed and not extended. Im just worried about how thin and easy to break it will be lol

Yeah, it would be nice if we had that option.

Hopefully the spear is an easy fix.
It's my one main gripe right now, but we'll see when they announce the price which one is worse.

Hopefully SS listens to the fans again like they did with the elder 1/5 by adding the correct sword. It would be much harder to correct the spear and would probably be cost effective just to add a collapsed spear than altering a design.

So they are calling it a Maquette.

That should ensure an extra $200 just because it's called something else.

I'm the biggest Predator fan and City Hunter is my favorite but I'm voting with my wallet on this one. Don't mess us around Side show.

Anymore than $800-900 and I'm out. It's just not worth it.

So they are calling it a Maquette.

That should ensure an extra $200 just because it's called something else.

I'm the biggest Predator fan and City Hunter is my favorite but I'm voting with my wallet on this one. Don't mess us around Side show.

Anymore than $800-900 and I'm out. It's just not worth it.

Guess your out then cause the P1 maq was $1000. When's the last time you remember prices going down. We'll be lucky if it's the same and not higher.

Re: Predator 2 City Hunter Maquette

As azurepred said this is an in house Sideshow piece with no expensive outlay apart from the license.
SWS made the thing(P1 Maquette). For the Wolf LSF, SS hired a very expensive sculptor, plus the ADI license + the super low ES on in. This is in house and will have a very large ES.

$750-$1,000. No more.

Last edited:
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter Maquette

As azurepred said this is a Sideshow piece with no expensive outlay apart from the license.

$750-$1,000. No more.

Oh. Must have missed that. That's good news and hopefully will be the case. If it is under $1000 then I may still have a chance with this one.

Thanks for the into Collectorcol.

Guess your out then cause the P1 maq was $1000. When's the last time you remember prices going down. We'll be lucky if it's the same and not higher.

The first one was made by Stan Winston studios and was laser scanned from the actual suit etc. It was also a top quality product. This one although really nice, is just another sculpt by just another guy (clearly a talented guy mind) They can't justify charging anywhere near that. And when you take its relatively small size into account, this should actually be a fair whack cheaper that say the Sauron Pf, or even the dark rider of Mordor Pf, both of which are highly detailed and larger than this. It should be no more than $600.... step back and think how much money that actually is. But then Sideshow know the predator is really popular and may decide to rip off the guys with more money than sense as ever. I hope they play fair with this one.

The first one was made by Stan Winston studios and was laser scanned from the actual suit etc. It was also a top quality product. This one although really nice, is just another sculpt by just another guy (clearly a talented guy mind) They can't justify charging anywhere near that. And when you take its relatively small size into account, this should actually be a fair whack cheaper that say the Sauron Pf, or even the dark rider of Mordor Pf, both of which are highly detailed and larger than this. It should be no more than $600.... step back and think how much money that actually is. But then Sideshow know the predator is really popular and may decide to rip off the guys with more money than sense as ever. I hope they play fair with this one.

What about the guys with more love for Predator than money? :panic:
$700 or less or fail! :lecture

What about the guys with more love for Predator than money? :panic:
$700 or less or fail! :lecture

Yeah well... I am one of those guys ;) seriously though, people coming up with numbers like $1200 for this put even sideshows greediest and looniest accountants to shame. As much as I like it, It should be half that for what it is.

Yeah well... I am one of those guys ;) seriously though, people coming up with numbers like $1200 for this put even sideshows greediest and looniest accountants to shame. As much as I like it, It should be half that for what it is.

Must be to Predator what shai is to Hulk :rotfl

One of the best Predator statue i have ever seen!
(pictures are from statue forum)

IMG_3993_zpsa2ba8f65.jpg~original

IMG_4053_zps444f77ca.jpg~original

IMG_4130_zps84336a63.jpg~original

IMG_4035_zps099f8905.jpg~original

IMG_4040_zps04d85057.jpg~original

IMG_4010_zps3ce26639.jpg~original

IMG_4014_zps5a4a89c2.jpg~original

IMG_4008_zpsdf94bc11.jpg~original

IMG_4017_zps9487b58a.jpg~original

IMG_4051_zpsd582821d.jpg~original

If this is Stan Winston, this will be at least $1K

I dont own the Wolf Predator LSF personally but would anyone be willing to say that this Pred 2 maquette was better? If so why?

I dont own the Wolf Predator LSF personally but would anyone be willing to say that this Pred 2 maquette was better? If so why?

That would be subjective, of course.

As much as I like the Wolf, some fans do not want anything to do with AVP:R. While on the other hand, P2 was the very first Predator some fans have ever seen. Even before the 1987 film.

So it really depends where you're coming from.

I like the dynamic pose of the Wolf LSF more... and he's kicking xenomorph @$$ in the sculpture too! :yess:
Also, there's something about the open mandible, roaring, predator that I especially like. Looks fearsome. But that wouldn't work on the P2 maquette who's in a more museum-like pose.

I just hope Sideshow doesn't overlook the P2 maquette and forget to put netting on the legs. :lol

Back