Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette

I share you pessimism Ish I really do, they most likely will rip us off for it. But I think all the points I made stand and there is no way they can honestly look anyone in the eye and ask that amount, if this had Mr Winstons name on it then yes of course, but in that case this would be even nicer and more accurate. Compare it to other Items like Sauron and the Dark rider Pf's and it can be no where even close, I don't believe for a second the price will be in proportion of course, I'm just stating why it should be.. Lets hope we all win indeed though and the price isn't as mad as we expect. :duff

Preds are expensive to make, it's not like you can just get one straight out of a mold. A head probably takes more work than a standard PF body.

I'd say the 2 pf's I mentioned are equally detailed as this. I'm not shooting it down at all, I love it and plan to buy it. I just think some of the prices people have been throwing about are insane for what isn't really a huge, or official in any way statue.

For sculpt details I agree with you mate, but for assembly and paints Preds take more work - I hope I am wrong but it = $. Like you, I will order this, and I dislike the pose severely, but the P1 was my first ever SS order and I have been waiting forever for this.
I see things this way.... P1 maq is going into the gully to kill Dutch. You can feel it. There is a movement and essence of that scene from the movie. Wolf is dismembering Aliens and wants more. It's the most dynamic Pred sculpt on the market. Poor old P2 has just walked out of the toilet on the Pred ship and is like "hey what did i miss and why do I have a hot toys spear in my hand"? The ex should probably be a mens magazine and a roll of toilet paper cos the whole thing fails compared to the first 2 statues.

To me is hard to get a feel for a piece from pictures, in person is the only way for me to truly get the intent and soul of the sculpt, I'll reserve my judgement until them but is def awesome enough for me to order.

The Green Lantern PF is one of those pieces for me where pics do it no justice, but this one is such an obvious bronze medal in a 3 horse race it's hard not to be disappointed.

I see things this way.... P1 maq is going into the gully to kill Dutch. You can feel it. There is a movement and essence of that scene from the movie. Wolf is dismembering Aliens and wants more. It's the most dynamic Pred sculpt on the market. Poor old P2 has just walked out of the toilet on the Pred ship and is like "hey what did i miss and why do I have a hot toys spear in my hand"? The ex should probably be a mens magazine and a roll of toilet paper cos the whole thing fails compared to the first 2 statues.

:lol That did make me chuckle. I quite like the simple pose myself, it's the sticking out dreads and the base that gets me, why on Earth does it have teeth? there is a set of nashers on the back as well :dunno They should just remove all of the gimmicks and make it a simple rock, the skulls add nothing and cheapen the look imo. Also, Saurons paint may be a bit more simple, but at a guess he is a good 11" bigger overall than this P2 which is a big difference... maybe I should just start liking lotr and buy him instead ;) I really hope this guy is fairly priced as I decided as soon as I saw it I wanted it despite the many flaws but I'm sure we are all fearing the worst with this one. P2 is a sure fire seller for SS...

The Green Lantern PF is one of those pieces for me where pics do it no justice, but this one is such an obvious bronze medal in a 3 horse race it's hard not to be disappointed.

Most people were sure GL was gonna fail, a lot like your saying now, hopefully you're absolutely wrong in your perception. :D

Most people were sure GL was gonna fail, a lot like your saying now, hopefully you're absolutely wrong in your perception. :D

Actually I thought GL was pretty cool from the get go and didn't get all the hate :lol

Guess who?...
'Does anyone think we will ever get a great predator PF for 500.00 or less?' :cuckoo:

We're hoping for under a grand, this joker wants $500 or less :lol

So now that SDCC month is over are we pretty much having to wait to spook now for the PO or could stuff come up between now and then?

So now that SDCC month is over are we pretty much having to wait to spook now for the PO or could stuff come up between now and then?

That's anyone's guess, but I think Spook is more than likely when they will open this up for PO.
I would still check once in a while though.

I think that Green lantern came out after SDCC and before Spooktacular last year.

That's anyone's guess, but I think Spook is more than likely when they will open this up for PO.
I would still check once in a while though.

Thanks guys. I am usually on here regularly so I should see if this goes up before spook. Oh well no orders for me this past month which is surprising but there wasn't much up for PO unless you a hot toys fan.

Back