Action Figure Predator 2 by Dizzyarse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzyarse

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well guys, now to project number 2.
With so many Shadow Predator parts out there, and after managing to snap up a battle damaged pred 2 head, it was time to get stuck in to this one.
I used to have a HT pred 2 many moons ago, but there were a few things I didnt like about him.
For example the way the armour was too bulky, especially the chest, and the way the thigh armour stuck out from the legs at an angle. The leggings were too fat too.
This means that many of the pieces for this project will need re-sculpting and casting.
So the body... a Shadow body which will only require re-painting. But as I have several parts to sculpt, and I am doing that straight onto the body to get a tight fit, paint will come last.
But wait... if he sculpts onto the body with soft, squidgy sculpey how will he make a mold? He cant put it in the oven for 30 mins, or all that will be left will be an orangey puddle of plastic!
Easy, just get the hairdrier on full blast for 10 mins once the sculpt is done, and you have the sculpey stiff enough to mold from! Then you can throw off a cast in Alumilite. Perfick.
So, the photos below show the figure and a few bits of bulky armour, and the start of the sculpting of the chest armour.
Dizzy

Looks like this is going to be real cool!!! Im glad I have the old P2 now it may not be so hot when HT remakes it... But I like him and thats all I care about...

Can't wait to see the finished article, Da man with the magic hands :wink1: Do you actually sculpt the armour\parts freehand or do you take a mold of the original and adapt it by making it bigger and or smaller ? Good work buddy :hi5:

i'm actually doing something similar whit my P2 I am using a Berserker's body and is currently being repainted by elvis1976
btw awesome P2 elder cant wait to see your P2 finished :clap

Do you actually sculpt the armour\parts freehand
The chest and shin armour will be freehand sculpting. The thighs will be a mix of shaping the Shadow pred ones and re-casting (but thinner). The wrists... do not know yet.
where are you in uk bud?
Staffordshire mate, in a quiet little village near Burton on Trent.

Dizzy

This seems to be a popular project right now... lets see some pictures guys!

Heres mine fitting the chest and leg armor

dsc00067sh.jpg

By slipfilth321 at 2011-05-01

dsc00068wm.jpg

dsc00071ji.jpg

The chest and shin armour will be freehand sculpting. The thighs will be a mix of shaping the Shadow pred ones and re-casting (but thinner). The wrists... do not know yet.

Staffordshire mate, in a quiet little village near Burton on Trent.

Dizzy

ahh a bit far from me in the lake district then....

Looking good georgieboy... see what I mean about bulky chest armour though. Glad you posted as I needed some reference shots of the back. Keep the progress shots coming mate. I should have an update by Sunday.
Dizzy

Looking good georgieboy... see what I mean about bulky chest armour though. Glad you posted as I needed some reference shots of the back. Keep the progress shots coming mate. I should have an update by Sunday.
Dizzy

thats slipfilth post diz....

hey Slipfilth321, does the armor fit the berserker body without some mods?

Yes pretty much just heat up the armor and take strings and plastic off
the sides of the armor,still this was just a test fitting i need to do a lot of work on it before its finished.

Back