Action Figure Predator 2 by Dizzyarse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, he is coming together.
I have been working on the chest armour. I must confess though, I have cheated. I decided not to go for the armour I sculpted, but to use a Guardian one I picked up the other week.
It did take some work though... I had to thin out all of the inside and sand off all of the various clips and flanges to get it to hug the torso nice and tight. But how did I get the pieces all back and joined up? Easy, I cut some strips of 1/4mm thick Plasticard (styrene) which just happens to lev super glue, and used that to weld the back pieces together.
Then a bit of painting (but guess what... yes, I need to detail some more) and I will let you be the judge.
Another couple of reasons for using the Guardian chest piece:
the neck has some tiny glyphs which I have been unable to do, and the plasma cannon hinges I cannot do either.
Dizzy

Are you going to repaint the head?

Edit: Wait..did you already? It looks a little..different than the regular head.

Last edited:
Looking good so far! Can you tell me where you bought you're battle damaged Predator 2 head? I looked already on ebay, couldn't find anything.

There was a few of them last month... got to keep looking and they do show up.

Not sure, I think it was about $45... I bought lots of stuff for the Elder which were around that time so not sure. You can always use a Lost Pred head and re-paint, or modify a Shadow. The Shadow has the best sculpt shape around the eyes (the HT Pred 2 sculpt is a bit flat and sunken).
I do have a spare which I got real cheap on eBay where someone had modified the mouth so it is wide open... I was thinking of using that to re-sculpt as the Wolf when I get stuck into him.
Dizzy

Hey guys,
last update for a few days, got a busy weekend.
So I keep going on about the bulky armour, needing it to fit snug etc, and here is how I have sorted out the thigh armour (which sticks out at about 20 degrees on the original figure!)
After thinning out the disc holder and the left plate the pegs which usually fix them (so they rotate) to the waist armour is gone. Luckily Styrene do tubes as well as sheets, so I drilled a couple of small holes in the inside of both armours, and a couple of holes into the actual thighs of the pred. Then a Drop of suerglue.
Hold them tight in place until set (make sure the waist armour is on first so it all fits in the right places) and hey presto... nice and flush fitting.
Next week I will do the wrist armour, and fit the head onto the neck.
The battery pack will go into a recast of the medi-kit on the back, and I will have to wait until after Xmas until I get a bio to fit the LED.
Dizzy

Not sure, I think it was about $45... I bought lots of stuff for the Elder which were around that time so not sure. You can always use a Lost Pred head and re-paint, or modify a Shadow. The Shadow has the best sculpt shape around the eyes (the HT Pred 2 sculpt is a bit flat and sunken).
I do have a spare which I got real cheap on eBay where someone had modified the mouth so it is wide open... I was thinking of using that to re-sculpt as the Wolf when I get stuck into him.
Dizzy

Only $45!? That's really good! I got the Predator 2, but also wanted the head with the opened mandibles from the battle damaged version and you say as an alternative I should get the Lost or Shadow head? Hmm... but they really look different so there will be some work needed to make one of them resemble the Pred 2 head. I'm more into finding the head for now, but if I can't I will try an make one. Anyway thank you for you're info and advises so far. Still good luck with you're Predator 2.

Hey guys,
last update for a few days, got a busy weekend.
So I keep going on about the bulky armour, needing it to fit snug etc, and here is how I have sorted out the thigh armour (which sticks out at about 20 degrees on the original figure!)
After thinning out the disc holder and the left plate the pegs which usually fix them (so they rotate) to the waist armour is gone. Luckily Styrene do tubes as well as sheets, so I drilled a couple of small holes in the inside of both armours, and a couple of holes into the actual thighs of the pred. Then a Drop of suerglue.
Hold them tight in place until set (make sure the waist armour is on first so it all fits in the right places) and hey presto... nice and flush fitting.
Next week I will do the wrist armour, and fit the head onto the neck.
The battery pack will go into a recast of the medi-kit on the back, and I will have to wait until after Xmas until I get a bio to fit the LED.
Dizzy

Buddy:), he is getting better and better by the minute! With those shin and the skirt armor on you can notice the really beautiful painted body!
You want to built a LED as for the tracking laser in to his Bio!? But the holes are really small and the light will be directed more downwards, I hope you can do it right.
When you finished him, I have no doubt that this will be golden masterpiece.:clap

i'm curious to watch thy adventures, but...

172305721.gif

The plasmagun is there mate... if you remember I cheated on the armour and used a modified HT chest piece!
Just for you...
Dizzy

Reallly nice, Dizzyarse! Now I can see the chest armor clearly and it looks fantastic, great job.:clap

O_O... I love you're Elder, he looks soo damn accurate!!
I want him sooo bad:pray: but he is way to expensive im mean over 1000 buck for this guy:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:, sorry but im not nuts.
I still think that I cand find a way to get his head and make a custom one.

Ah, the Preds are back from a Christmas shopping trip... what was that Pred 2? You got King Willies head in a bag!
Dizzy

Back