Predator 1 Bio Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this up for $180 shipped but I am going to return it.
The mask doesn't even stay on the stand and just falls off.
I can hear something ratting inside of the mask... maybe a magnet or something?
Seems the mask everyone was waiting for was the cheapest one made... everything feels so hollow!
It looked OK though.

Such a shame about this one. The one Predator mask I waited years for and its crap. Did anyone get a decent one ?

I picked this up for $180 shipped but I am going to return it.
The mask doesn't even stay on the stand and just falls off.
I can hear something ratting inside of the mask... maybe a magnet or something?
Seems the mask everyone was waiting for was the cheapest one made... everything feels so hollow!
It looked OK though.

Returned mine also... BIG letdown in quality....

Mine's ok :D

I would have kept it if it didn't fall right off the stand.
The wall mount connection worked but the other one didn't and I don't always want them wall mounted.

So I heard that Sideshow might be done making predator masks for awhile now?

My SSC P1 wouldn't even attach to its stand, it just rested on it, unbelievable that they were shipped like that really and incredibly disappointing given how long we are made to wait between ordering and receiving these things. I have a sour taste left in my mouth by this piece (and the Big chap LSB even more so)

I guess the torch is being passed over to coolprops. Lets just hope they work on the pricing as their last one was ridiculously priced! Maybe reverting to a simpler base such as SSC and HCG used with their P2 stunt.

whoa, haven't been on the forums in years!
Great to see people's collections & mods, you guys are doing a great job!

This is how I have my P1 & P2 on display at the moment!

Attachments

• IMG_5360.jpg
    IMG_5360.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 96
I got this for $350 which for over here I guess is a bargain. I have HCG P1 bio and a cast of the ICONS and it compares well with those to look at. The main differences being the shape of the tri laser housing part of the mask is shaped differently and it's also noticeably broader across the jaw/mouth section. There's a lot of subtle differences here and there with contour lines broader / narrower and higher / lower in comparison to the other bios. To be expected since it's a new sculpt. Mine barely stays on the base I don't think the magnets work at all... The eye lenses are junk for this price point.
It's a decent P1 bio - quality issues aside. The broader lower half reminds me more of the Scar bio than a P1 so that said I'd go with the HCG as my preferred mask to match how I feel it looked in the movie.

I'm surprised you would buy that thing even for $350 man. Even as a big time Pred fan, I wouldn't take this for free.

:lol yeah I wanted it mainly so I can have a P1 bio with a stand since I have the HCG P2, Coolprops Gort, a custom Temple Guard and the SS Berserker all on similar type bases. I blame the completist in me :cuckoo:

The magnets are screwed in most of these it seems, send it back, I did. It was nice to have something sculpted by Matt Rose, but production ruined the attraction.

I would take one for free though personally, it wasn't terrible in person despite the ridiculous issues.

I'm not sending it back my local retailer has been awesome to me in the past with getting replacements for stuff. I can easy fix it and put new magnets in. Earth magnets the size needed are like a buck each and they are strong as. Sideshow is so ****ing cheap...

The problem there is, you'll have to perform quite major surgery to replace the magnets. But when you do so, switch them around. Mine was the opposite of all my other SSC bios, I.E I couldn't put any of the other masks on the P1's stand or Vice versa.

Back