Preacher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! I'll be there to see it!

Anyone who reads the comics....is this an on going series or was it just a short run?

Yup! I'll be there to see it!

Anyone who reads the comics....is this an on going series or was it just a short run?

It was about a 60 issue run back in the 90's. It is still my favorite comic book run of all time. Oh yeah, not sure if this includes all the subplots too with the Saint of Killers and Arseface, so it could be an even longer run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have only watched the first episode so far. I am a huge fan of the comic, collected all the individual issues back in the day. So far so good for a television show not on HBO or Showtime (where it should be IMO) They have managed to capture the feel of the characters without being a slave to the source material which half of it wouldn't be able to be shown on AMC. But I will be watching this when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another meh episode. They really need to focus on keeping a tighter plot. Maybe things will come together in a couple more episodes

:horror Really? Even after that church part?

yeah I loved the church part, but its just all over the place. I'm gonna keep watching, I read the first book and loved it. I like watching the craziness happen but they seem to be keeping it too serious and drama related. I'm surprised they aren't just going with that first "murder mystery" arc ( I forget what the killers code name was). I think the "unluckiest cop in the world" with his partner mixed with the murderer would have been a great starting point for the show. It would have been a little more focused.

I'm liking this show...will now faithfully watch it :)

another meh episode. They really need to focus on keeping a tighter plot. Maybe things will come together in a couple more episodes

The comic book jumped around a bit too, so don't expect it to really stop. It comes together though. It's all part of the story development.

"Hey you can't just come into my home and turn on my bathtub!"

Such a funny damn scene. I was f'n dying.

Back