Pre-Ordering Iron Man Sideshow Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuChunky

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi - really new to his whole Pre-Ordering process with these higher end figures like the Iron Man suits in particular. I have a couple of questions regarding this.

-Is pre-ordering a norm for these types of figures? I see it on Sideshow and as well as many other websites. What is the reasoning behind this besides building up hype or getting a feel of the demand?

-Is waiting for release day a bad idea because items sell out quick?

-For example, I really like the Iron Man XLVI (Civil War) figure but then saw it won't release until next summer and it's $344. If I pay such a high premium (high for me), I would like the item within couple months. Maybe I'm just impatient, just seems like such an early announcement.

-Also, with pre-orders like the figures on Sideshow - does the figures ever get pushed back? I mean that's a lot of money being held up. Especially if doing multiple pre-orders.

With pre-orders coming out in a year or so, I'm assuming lots and lots of figures or other pre-order announcements get released - doesn't get hard to keep up or track or make a decision. I pre-order this Iron Man, then two months down the line Hot Toys announce an Iron Spider armor and so on.

I hope I asked my questions clearly. If this is in the wrong section please let me know - I'm more into the Iron Man that's why I chose Marvel section.

Thank you so much in advance.

1. Yes, pre-ordering is the norm for a lot of people. A seller like Sideshow offers payment plans which help a lot of us when it comes to buying these items, specially if you're someone who buys a few of them. You can do monthly payments instead of shelling out $200+ all at once.

2. Some items DO sell out and it's hard to figure out these days. Ant-Man is one example. Once it started to ship it ended up going wait list and I think it might actually be sold out now. So, it does happen.

3. Yes, items do get pushed back. It can be anything from shipping issues to a delay from Hot Toys. All dates are really just estimates.

If you pre-order, unless you do Paypal as your payment option, you don't pay UNTIL the item ships. So you're not out any money, unless you do the payment plan.

Hi - really new to his whole Pre-Ordering process with these higher end figures like the Iron Man suits in particular. I have a couple of questions regarding this.

-Is pre-ordering a norm for these types of figures? I see it on Sideshow and as well as many other websites. What is the reasoning behind this besides building up hype or getting a feel of the demand?

Depends who you talk to and the figure, but like many products they are often teased long before an announcement, and then usually announced a while before release

-Is waiting for release day a bad idea because items sell out quick?

Again, depends on the figure and who you talk to. Some do sell out fast, some are available for a while. Go to some sites and you can still pick up some of the figures from the first Phase of the MCU movies (Banner, Chitauri)

-For example, I really like the Iron Man XLVI (Civil War) figure but then saw it won't release until next summer and it's $344. If I pay such a high premium (high for me), I would like the item within couple months. Maybe I'm just impatient, just seems like such an early announcement.

Depending on the site you won't pay until the item ships, although are probably committed to a deposit. Sideshow will let you split payments out. The big ticket items will even list that way

-Also, with pre-orders like the figures on Sideshow - does the figures ever get pushed back? I mean that's a lot of money being held up. Especially if doing multiple pre-orders.

Yes. Nature of the beast

With pre-orders coming out in a year or so, I'm assuming lots and lots of figures or other pre-order announcements get released - doesn't get hard to keep up or track or make a decision. I pre-order this Iron Man, then two months down the line Hot Toys announce an Iron Spider armor and so on.

Yes. It's funny every time an Iron Man is announced on Facebook how people complain about over-saturation. We here at the forums know well in advance a lot of what is coming out (there are always some suprises too). Mk 43 sixth scale has been out a year now? (or close to), the quarter scale a few months less. The Mk 45 has just had the Facebook photos come out so won't be far away. Then the quarter scale of that will probably be not too far away from that. That's all just the one movie. On top of that you've got all the various HPP suits still being announced (Shotgun etc).. If I was to start gambling, I'd say the 46 will probably be 12 months later, with the Power Pose coming out the same time as the earliest released Civil War figures (Cap, Bucky?)

I hope I asked my questions clearly. If this is in the wrong section please let me know - I'm more into the Iron Man that's why I chose Marvel section.

Thank you so much in advance.

You can always preorder through BBTS.. It's easy to see which preorders you have, you won't pay anything upfront (unless it's like 500+) and it's really easy to cancel a preorder if you feel you no longer want it or can't afford it.

Preorders are commonplace. And all companies announce and reveal their figures well in advance of their actual releases. So, it's not just a hot toys thing.

I've never bought through sideshow though.. So, I can't elaborate on their operations.

1. Yes, pre-ordering is the norm for a lot of people. A seller like Sideshow offers payment plans which help a lot of us when it comes to buying these items, specially if you're someone who buys a few of them. You can do monthly payments instead of shelling out $200+ all at once.

2. Some items DO sell out and it's hard to figure out these days. Ant-Man is one example. Once it started to ship it ended up going wait list and I think it might actually be sold out now. So, it does happen.

3. Yes, items do get pushed back. It can be anything from shipping issues to a delay from Hot Toys. All dates are really just estimates.

If you pre-order, unless you do Paypal as your payment option, you don't pay UNTIL the item ships. So you're not out any money, unless you do the payment plan.

You can always preorder through BBTS.. It's easy to see which preorders you have, you won't pay anything upfront (unless it's like 500+) and it's really easy to cancel a preorder if you feel you no longer want it or can't afford it.

Preorders are commonplace. And all companies announce and reveal their figures well in advance of their actual releases. So, it's not just a hot toys thing.

I've never bought through sideshow though.. So, I can't elaborate on their operations.

Thank you so much all for the comments. Really gave me clarity on the situation. My first pre-order will be placed for the Iron Man Mark XLVI - just love the Captain America helmet it comes with. Really appreciate everyone's comments.

Back