Prayers for my girlfriend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praetorian380

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that I am kinda new here, but I wanted to ask all of you if you could say some prayers for my girlfriend.

A month ago my girlfriend had major surgery to remove a large tumor that had grown in her abdomin. The tumor was wrapped up in her small intestine, colon, appendix, and urinary tract. The doctor was able to successfully remove the tumor but she might have to go through radiation therapy to get rid of the microscopic remains that could be left behind.
Whether to do radiation therapy or not has yet to be decided -

Her surgeon is saying that she should do radiation treatment and her oncologist is saying that she should not do it.
The main concern is that her body is still healing from the surgery and if she does radiation therapy it could cause major side effects or permanent damage to her intestine and colon. On the other hand if she does not do the radiation therapy then the tumor could come back and cause even more problems later in life. The type of tumor she had has a 60%-70% recurrence rate.
The last we heard is that a panel of doctors will sit down and discuss her case at a meeting where they will all decide what should be done next.

It would mean very much to me if you guys could keep her in your thoughts and prayers during this tough time. Im just really worried about her....I know that raditation therapy can take its toll on the body and I am hoping that she will not have to go through that.
Thank you all so very much for your support.

Sean, you and your girlfriend will definitely have my prayers. I would suggest to go through radiation but like they said, it may cause severe damage to her internal organs. I really hope that they can find a solution to this dillema before it spreads any further. Just stay by your gf's side and keep her strong.

I will be certain to pray for you and your girlfriend and her family.

i dont pray but ill have a thought for you and your girlfriend.

Is there a problem with waiting a bit for her to heal before doing the radiation? Might be the way to go. Get a third opinion if your not convinced by either Dr. Kinda unusual for an oncologist to be against radiation and a surgeon to be for it. Anyway, good luck and I hope she recovers quickly.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. If the probable regrowth rate of the tumor is low (meaning that it won't likely become life-threatening within 6 months time), I would think that waiting for her body to heal would be the way to go. Then administer the treatments when she is stronger. Maybe that is a good question for the oncologist.

Either way, you are in our prayers.

You and your girlfriend will also be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad the surgery was a success and hope that whatever is decided between her and the doctors will also be successful. Stay strong!!

First off I would like to thank all of you for your support - It means a lot to me. These message boards are awesome and so is everyone who is a part of them. I know that I have not been part of the boards for too long but so far, the time that I have been here, it has been really great - and I look forward to more of it. So thank you to everyone here.

RoboDad said:
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. If the probable regrowth rate of the tumor is low (meaning that it won't likely become life-threatening within 6 months time), I would think that waiting for her body to heal would be the way to go. Then administer the treatments when she is stronger. Maybe that is a good question for the oncologist.

Either way, you are in our prayers.
We actually talked with the oncologist about this and he said that he felt that was the way to go - He felt that she should wait and in the meantime be monitored with frequent checkups. If something shows up, then they zap it with raditation.
However, the surgeon feels that it is too risky because the tumor was really difficult to get out (wrapped around a lot of organs) so he doesnt feel he got 100% of it. He said that the recurrence rate of the tumor is 60%-70% and if it comes back it could be more of a problem the second time around.

You got it, your girl will get some good vibes from the King!!

If she does have to undergo radiation, let me tell you from experience, its gonna take A LOT out of her, and shes gonna need you to be there for her!!!

Good luck man!

King Darkness said:
You got it, your girl will get some good vibes from the King!!

If she does have to undergo radiation, let me tell you from experience, its gonna take A LOT out of her, and shes gonna need you to be there for her!!!

Good luck man!
Thats my biggest worry and fear is of how much this treatment could take out of her. Its gonna be really tough.
I appreciate your words King.

My thoughts, prayers, and wishes are with you and your girlfriend. I know that all of this can be a trying experience.

Cheers,

Brad

Back