Premium Format Power Girl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been reading much outside of Batman lately so I dont know whats happening. Does this new Power Girl mean Karen is gone now? It annoys me so much they throw away a character just to meet some new demographic. Reminds me of what happened to Hawkgirl. Im still waiting for old one to come back.

I haven't been reading much outside of Batman lately so I dont know whats happening. Does this new Power Girl mean Karen is gone now? It annoys me so much they throw away a character just to meet some new demographic. Reminds me of what happened to Hawkgirl. Im still waiting for old one to come back.

The original Power Girl (Karen) & Huntress (Bruce Waynes daughter) are back in the Earth 2 comics.... The world finest comic now has Batman & Superman in it instead of Power Girl and Huntress.

When Power Girl (Karen) went back to Earth 2 there was some sort of accident that copied her powers to a female human scientist who was in the room with her when she entered the portal, weather or not DC is going to make a comic about this new Power Girl I have no idea...

Lets not forget, movies come FROM comics, not the other way around. And DC has done a horrible job (imho) of maintaining that continuity. They also change the uniforms/costumes because some of the comics suits don't adapt well on camera. Really has nothing to with evolution per se'. What they do change for the sake of change and affirmative action is the character gender or race. Ridiculous. Create a new character, don't change the original (Perry White, Barry Allen, Deadshot, etc)

I agree that comics have to be the creative source and not the reaction to outside media (movies, TV shows, etc.). Comics offers you complete suspension of disbelief and colorful outfits are a part of that. The moment you try to add too much realism you change the nature of what comics are: an escape from reality.

New 52 it's an admission of shame that DC comics as an universe was old fashioned and it needed to be modernized. The problem is that what you are left with is still comics but just a different kind. The kind that take some of the magic away and change what we grew up with because they are trying to appeal to the masses....who do not...read....comics...and probably never will as a continuous form of entertainment like following sports or watching movies.

I think a lot of people don't read anymore. I still read comics but its a dying art form. When I go to my shop its all the older guys buying books. The young crowd just shows up to Magik

I think a lot of people don't read anymore. I still read comics but its a dying art form. When I go to my shop its all the older guys buying books. The young crowd just shows up to Magik

Those God damned magic kids... Crowding up the comic shop all the damn time.

Went to three comic shops this weekend. Two of them were filled with kids playing Magic. My local comic shop is usually filled with kids playing Magic or buying cards for it from the shop.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422154481.793731.jpg

Back