Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I've been working on the last few years. I'm working on an all real parts Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber. I just recently obtained a real balance pipe! I never thought I would get that piece. I'm so excited for this piece!!
View attachment 343654

View attachment 343655

View attachment 343656

View attachment 343657

My base lightsaber is a Roman Props, & as I find real parts I swap out the replicated parts. I've got a real GRAFLEX clamp, transistors, Exactra 19 calculator bubbles, Armitage Shank sink knob (not attached yet), & finally the balance pipe from a jet engine (also not attached, but it needs surgery to get clipped).
The hunt continues for my remaining 2 missing pieces. The Hayley's rifle grenade, & the Browning booster.

Wow Rusty that's impressive and going to be one heck of a grail when completed!

I'm out of touch with the kits and makers now. Haven't had time like I used to but some others may have
good current info for example jkno. He has amazing knowledge on Starwars stuff.

There is a Fett ESB helmet in the RPF Junkyard last I checked and located in the EU.
Yeah I saw that one. Ofcourse then I found bobamakers website and fell in love, but that might be abit out of my price range...

Thanks, lol, It's been awhile. Guess I'll post a few more pics of the collection. sorry for the phone pics. Too lazy to use the proper camera these days.

View attachment 343646

Very nice collection. I've been trying to think of how to display my Red 5 helmet too and the way you have it angled looks good. I don't like displaying it facing forward because you miss the true beauty that it is that way,lol

While on the subject of helmets, does a Stormtrooper helmet fit in a detolf?

I think it depends on the sculpt probably, and if the helmet is resting on the glass or on a stand. I've found both height and depth/width to be slightly tricky, though regular old stormtrooper lids fit best it seems. For example, my anovos stormtrooper fits fine, as do the RS Props stormtroopers on RS stands (though with the foam liner they're very tight top to bottom, so I removed the pad from one of them.) RS TIE is too big to fit I think, RS Scout fits, MR Fiberglass limited fits on stand but with Velcro pad piece removed, and for TFA the Kylo and FO TIE helmets both fit but at an angle currently due to having no stands for them. In short, for regular stormies the detolf should work, easiest with no stands, workable with them. Not a ton of space in front/back but they don't look cramped.

Very nice collection. I've been trying to think of how to display my Red 5 helmet too and the way you have it angled looks good. I don't like displaying it facing forward because you miss the true beauty that it is that way,lol

Thanks! Yes true 3/4 view shows it off, but I do like how Shadow displays his, I think it's Shadow, on a mannequin bust.
Takes more room though.

Yeah, that's the perfect way to display the Red 5 helmet.
What 3P0 helmet is that? What Snowtrooper helmet is that? & who did the lightsabers?
God, I love your displays! :love

Snowy if memory serves right Dan Laws, 3po unknown acquired through eBay long ago, and Korbanth sabers. And Thanks Rusty, I think our collections
are unique and only a small number of us can truly appreciate these things, my way to relieve stress is by sitting back staring at the collection to unwind
after long hours of work.

Here's what I've been working on the last few years. I'm working on an all real parts Obi-Wan ANH lightsaber. I just recently obtained a real balance pipe! I never thought I would get that piece. I'm so excited for this piece!!

My base lightsaber is a Roman Props, & as I find real parts I swap out the replicated parts. I've got a real GRAFLEX clamp, transistors, Exactra 19 calculator bubbles, Armitage Shank sink knob (not attached yet), & finally the balance pipe from a jet engine (also not attached, but it needs surgery to get clipped).
The hunt continues for my remaining 2 missing pieces. The Hayley's rifle grenade, & the Browning booster.

SUPERB! :rock When finished this saber will be insane. A genuine parts Obi is one of the very few non-Imperial props I wouldn't mind having in my collection, next to a MPP conversion. Already having a real Graflex.

I was very tempted to get the RS deal, but my Anovos on order was $200 cheaper and financially I decided I just couldn't go there. I'll live vicariously through whatever pictures you post on big brown box day.

As I wait another year for my Anovos kit, lol, I did use the PayPal $15 off $75 coupon the other day to buy a trooperbay commander pauldron so that I can build a heavy weapons trooper. I'm thinking of making a shoulder-to-head mannequin to display/store my neckseal, pauldron, and black series helmet. Definitely won't fit in my detolfs and I have no room in my Billy shelves, either. Hmm.

Last edited:
Has anyone added extra mesh to their Anovos Kylo Ren helmets? I bought some as suggested on YouTube but they don't show HOW to put it in.

It's here!

RS ANH Stormtrooper Helmet Jim Dowdall Signature Edition #60/100

e2200f374e199c83af8ac63841cae647.jpg

My wife was Shocked when she looked at it closer, she thought it would be perfect, had to explain to her that the original helmets were not. Interesting to see the inside of a helmet Finally.

e1a2c34071805bd6bdff91589d0067fd.jpg

Now I have to pack it up again and wait for my birthday in october :horror:

Congrats man! :clap Looks great. & thank you for inside shot of the helmet too.

There's just something nice about looking up a Troopers helmet.:lol
Here's the inside of my RS Scout
IMG_0718.JPG

Back