Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those thinking about getting the Hasbro helmet, I picked one up from Toys R Us yesterday. They had it and Kylo's helmet marked at 20% off in case anyone is looking for a deal.

As much as I love to display my pieces, here's my TIE Pilot in action next to the Sideshow figure at NYCC last week.

14717413_203471540078372_5827588360822063104_n.jpg

Could someone chime in on the differences between the efx empire storm trooper lid and the current anh efx one? These would both be to lower cost models.
I'm just getting into these and could use any information.

Could someone chime in on the differences between the efx empire storm trooper lid and the current anh efx one? These would both be to lower cost models.
I'm just getting into these and could use any information.

Black painted frown for ESB, versus grey for the ANH. With the originals and some fan-made replicas there's a difference between painted tube stripes and other details on ANH versus sticker decals for the tube stripes and other details (tear drops, possibly trapezoids, can't remember exactly.) Not sure the EFX has the one painted and the other with decals. Originals also had slight difference in how the eyes were cut (cut more on ESB than ANH), but I'm not sure the EFX helmets have that either.

Jag, thanks for the response. I have the opportunity to get the ESB version but it's around $100.00 more than the ANH that's currently available.
Just wondering if any of you think it's worth the price difference. Is one better quality or more screen accurate?

I don't own either so can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure that the two are the same aside from the black vs grey painted frown. There's a decent overview here, though it deals more with similarities between the old Master Replicas helmet and the EFX: https://www.starwarshelmets.com/E-FX-CE-Stormtrooper-helmet.htm

As far as price and if the ESB would be worth an extra $100, I'd say personally no. If that means the $200 the ANH retails for plus $100 (so $300 for ESB), I'd suggest looking into one of the different fan-made options, many of which are more accurate. For a little more than that (I think it's £300 plus shipping, so roughly $370 plus shipping), you can get one commissioned from RS Prop Masters in the U.K., done up with whatever brow height and ANH/ESB scheme you'd like. Just be aware of the differences between the really accurate helmets like the RS and the more idealized (cleaned-up) helmets like the EFX. Also other maker's helmets do come up for sale on the various forums regularly and some are a bit less than the RS is directly.

The plain old ANH from EFX looks like it can be found or between $160 and $180, so it's a pretty good deal if you can find it for that. The gap where the chin meets the rest of the helmet always bothered me though (inaccurate but how EFX decided to construct theirs.)

Jag, thanks for the response. I have the opportunity to get the ESB version but it's around $100.00 more than the ANH that's currently available.
Just wondering if any of you think it's worth the price difference. Is one better quality or more screen accurate?

For short: avoid EFX PCR helmets and buy a more accurate one. Try Anovos, try the new Hasbro (if interested in Rogue One) or buy a truly accurate helmet like RS Prop Masters.

For short: avoid EFX PCR helmets and buy a more accurate one. Try Anovos, try the new Hasbro (if interested in Rogue One) or buy a truly accurate helmet like RS Prop Masters.

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you feel the same way about EFX current Vader helmet too?

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you feel the same way about EFX current Vader helmet too?

The EFX PCR Vader helmet is very cool. An improvement over the EFX PCR Stormtrooper bucket. Not the same league as the Legend or Limited Edition fiberglass ones, but for the price it is an excellent helmet.

Got a couple here...just finishing up converting an entire room to a star wars room. This is the main attraction. All the Legend Studio cases wired to light up with out batteries and the three spotlights in main cases are hardwired with remote control. Thoughts?Short.jpgTall.jpg

Newbieguy, nice setup. I'm hoping to do something similar when my kids leave home and I've got some space again. At the moment most of my collection is in boxes in the attic, but I'll probably get an IKEA Besta unit to put up there so I can get some of it out and help plan how many units I'll need later.

Dan

Newbieguy, nice setup. I'm hoping to do something similar when my kids leave home and I've got some space again. At the moment most of my collection is in boxes in the attic, but I'll probably get an IKEA Besta unit to put up there so I can get some of it out and help plan how many units I'll need later.

Dan
My 5 and 3 year old hang out in the room with me which is why the bottom 2/3 are closed cabinets. For there toys and they can't reach up above the top. Secure as hell so they can even slam the doors and the stormies don't even move (no stands in the cases).

It's not that my children would touch anything, at 12 and 17 they take up a lot of space with all their own stuff, two whole rooms of it! I've got all my 1/4 scale Predators on display in the living room, but the few Star Wars figures and prop replicas I've got on display are in the main bedroom.

Dan

Back