Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here are some of the others I have. The only one I did not paint (yet) is the Frankie. The Creature is from Alternative Images, Frankenstein is CineArt, and the Dracula is a Mike Hill joint.

Last edited:
Just beautiful! Amazing job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thought I would share this, though it's not really a statue or prop. A few years ago I'd seen Sideshow post an article about the Lugosi family vineyards doing a limited run of bottles with Bela's profile on the label. I'm not a wine drinker, but I do enjoy me some Bela, so I decided to pick up a couple bottles just because.

Originally, I was going to get 2,but my wife said "Oh just get 5". Being the obedient husband I am, I gave in to her request with little fight.

When they arrived and I began unboxing them, the first number I pulled out was 664, and I got excited, knowing I had gotten 5 bottles. Sure enough, I got the number. What's interesting though is I got numbers 661-666, they skipped 665!

So what I'm thinking happened is since they come in cases of 6, someone opened the box up and blindly pulled one bottle out. Yay me! Actually yay wife because had she not told me to get more, I probably would have struck out. uploadfromtaptalk1456160534044.jpguploadfromtaptalk1456160542810.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thought I would share this, though it's not really a statue or prop. A few years ago I'd seen Sideshow post an article about the Lugosi family vineyards doing a limited run of bottles with Bela's profile on the label. I'm not a wine drinker, but I do enjoy me some Bela, so I decided to pick up a couple bottles just because.

Originally, I was going to get 2,but my wife said "Oh just get 5". Being the obedient husband I am, I gave in to her request with little fight.

When they arrived and I began unboxing them, the first number I pulled out was 664, and I got excited, knowing I had gotten 5 bottles. Sure enough, I got the number. What's interesting though is I got numbers 661-666, they skipped 665!

So what I'm thinking happened is since they come in cases of 6, someone opened the box up and blindly pulled one bottle out. Yay me! Actually yay wife because had she not told me to get more, I probably would have struck out. View attachment 247907View attachment 247908

Super cool! Thank you for sharing! I may have to get one of those.

See now, I've never been into busts. They've just never clicked for me. Then come along pictures like yours that make me reevaluate my life choices.

Well done sir, what an astounding collection to be proud of.

That seriously looks like an actual person. Wow, that is one incredible piece. I just noticed in your collection picture that you're using the Creature box as a makeshift display stand.
That is brilliant. I'd wanted to take the lid off mine and hang it on the wall, but currently I do not have the space to do so. That box is a work of art itself.

I know there is a thread for this guy already but i thought I'd psot it in here too. :) Sideshow just put up Black Heart's new Nosferatu Bust. Price is at $649.99. Same as Bela Dracula. Who's ordering? I'm holding off because apparently later this year another will be coming and George mentioned in the Nosferatu Kickstarter that everyone would be wanting it. Hopefully it's something good because I'm hearing it may be Pumpkinhead related and that would be a pass and I would fork the money over for this. Keeping my eye on it because it truly is a beautiful piece. If they do as damn good as they did on the Bela Dracula I got from them then it will be another grail. Black Heart hasn't put it up on there website yet I wonder why they must be waiting for the production to be done to sell both blanks and painted. Limited to 400 which is a nice edition size.
2dvoh8h.jpg

I saw this the other day. CRAP that's a hard one not to bite at. Especially knowing I've enough reward points to get this fella for around $150.
Sometimes I love this hobby, but sometimes I hate it. But still love it.

It's confirmed by George that the third 1:1 bust will be The Phantom of the Opera sculpted by Jeff Yagher. :) so in for it. Instant buy!

This isn't getting any easier. :panic:

I imagine this is what meth or heroine must be like. But without the tooth loss and seedy restroom dealings to supplement your habit.

Not even close. Meth or heroine is much more affordable and less addicting.

Great picture! Thanks for posting! Not a lot going on but mezco released a pre-order for the 1:12 Frankenstein which looks killer! I will say I'm planning on sending one of my sideshow frankenstein monsters off to get repainted. I already custom did the clothing now the paint needs an upgrade. Not sure when I will get that done but you should see something by September-October range. This thread should be kicking up by then. Let's keep it alive people!

Ryan

Back