Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eBay or the forum will get you the pieces you want Centurion if you are looking into getting some. :) The old Sideshow pieces are great and well worth it in all scales.

Sorry fellas, I should have clarified. I'd like the Classic monsters to be revisited and done with today's paint techniques. Also, the Lugosi likeness could be greatly improved. The best SS did on this line was The Creature.

what about the SSE Mummy? I think that one is best and then the creature. I don't know if paints could be improved, especially coming from SS, but the sculpts could defn be a lot better. I almost nabbed the SSE mummy for $1500, but decided against it with no box.

Yeah, the Mummy is 2nd best if I had to rank the Sideshow Universal Monsters.

1) The Creature
2) Mummy
3) Frankenstein's Monster
4) The Bride
5) Dracula
6) Wolfman
7) Phantom of the Opera

By today's paint apps, these look too shiny. But I'm not taking anything away from them. They're still all very nice. I just wish someone would attempt revisiting these characters again.

Anyway, this is just how I rank them in terms of how I think SS did with the quality.

It's going to be that time again fellas so any classic monsters you have post away! I'm getting some new stuff this year to add and also have some stuff I recently got I haven't shown off. Mezco new Frank will be out soon so definitely post it in here and also any new black heart pieces. Fall is coming and let's start it off with a bang!

Ryan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Alright I'll start this page off. This morning I got invited to this really cool modeling page called Rebel Resin Model Kits & Busts and this was a really neat thing. Its a Glenn Strange HO-HO-HO Resin ornament/kit sculpted by Jeff Yagher. It's based off a magazine cover of Glenn Strange Monster in Santa gear. Very cool piece and will be affordable to purchase. You will have to paint it or send off to get painted but I'm a modeler so I will be painting one of these myself. I'm adding this to my Universal Monster collection for sure and will be hung on my tree this year. :) Pics below.

Ryan
293vpc2.jpg

15f3zbl.jpg

ic7ki9.jpg

sbmpnr.jpg

Sweetness! Great collection! Thanks for posting!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Bumping the thread up for more love! I recently just received another classic sideshow piece and it's the Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman Bela Lugosi The Monster figure to add to my Universal and Frankenstein collection. I got to say I'm loving it a lot and I'm not sure why. I've also decided this year to make separate reviews on each of my classic sideshow pieces. I don't see enough reiews or reviews at all on some of these figures. They will be coming soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Bumping the thread up for more love! I recently just received another classic sideshow piece and it's the Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman Bela Lugosi The Monster figure to add to my Universal and Frankenstein collection. I got to say I'm loving it a lot and I'm not sure why. I've also decided this year to make separate reviews on each of my classic sideshow pieces. I don't see enough reiews or reviews at all on some of these figures. They will be coming soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Looking forward to those reviews and pics.

Back