Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to buy the premium format universal monsters so far I've managed Dracula B&W edition,London after midnight colour,phantom of the opera colour,nosfurtu colour and wolf man B&W.ive been sidetracked with the undead patient zero,undying carcass ans nazi solider as well as jack the ripper and the exclusive leatherface, would put them up for sale to get the rarer ones like the mummy and bride of Frankenstein if I could find them.I made a mistake if Im not wrong nosfurtu isn't universal.

I'm trying to buy the premium format universal monsters so far I've managed Dracula B&W edition,London after midnight colour,phantom of the opera colour,nosfurtu colour and wolf man B&W.ive been sidetracked with the undead patient zero,undying carcass ans nazi solider as well as jack the ripper and the exclusive leatherface, would put them up for sale to get the rarer ones like the mummy and bride of Frankenstein if I could find them.I made a mistake if Im not wrong nosfurtu isn't universal.

A Bride Premium Format just sold on ebay the other day for $600. That was a fluke. The last few Bride's PFs on ebay have sold for over $1000 just by herself. Recently some seller that didn't have a clue of her value listed a Bride PF as "buy it now" for $350. Of course she sold within seconds lol. She is a stunning classic and even the Mondo Bride poster goes for a fortune these days. I wish I could score a poster. Anyway, sometimes a deal can happen if youre really lucky. Just keep checking ebay and other places. It took me a long time to find her but now that I have her she is with me to stay. I love classic and current horror and patient zero is a stunner too. Mummy PF is beautiful but too rich for my blood these days. Good luck finding them. :)

No Nosfuratu isn't Universal

I wish they would have at least gotten a Clive Dr.Frankenstein out before it all went to ****.
That's one of my most wanted figures.
I know distinctive dummies has one available but it dosn't really cut it for me.

Bela as Ygor would have been nice too.

Also,
For anybody that owns the Larry Talbot figure.
Is the head really as gigantic as it looks in pictures?
It's a good likeness and I feel like it could look pretty nice with some work but the head looks ****ing gargantuan.
I highly agree I would of loved a Clive Dr. Frankenstein figure and Bela Igor would of been another instant buy!
View attachment 205482
View attachment 205483

I still have Bride and Franky and their not going anywhere. I think they will look great with Jason and Freddy. It would be awesome if Sideshow got the Uni license again but doubt it will happen.

No idea why the image was uploaded sideways and cannot seem to fix it. Sorry peeps :)

I'm so glad you kept those grails. I wish I would of been able to afford them back in the day. Both amazing pieces!

I just want to say again that I love this thread. Can we all be best friends?

Of course!! :wave:clap I gotta say too that Sideshow's Uni Monsters stuff has aged really well compared to some of their first releases back in the day. They really did amazing and timeless work on everything from the 1/6 stuff to the PFs. :)

I highly agree with you two. I collected there other stuff and this and the dead line were top notch. There modern horror line was alright with a few hits here and there.

Agreed, the dead line is sick especially patient zero. I only collect movie-related horror when it comes to the horror part of my collection but I have always really wanted their Patient Zero PF as it is pretty much the masterpiece of the dead line imo.

Agreed, the dead line is sick especially patient zero. I only collect movie-related horror when it comes to the horror part of my collection but I have always really wanted their Patient Zero PF as it is pretty much the masterpiece of the dead line imo.

One PF and figure ive always wanted. Owned one of the figures and Templar pf. Both awesome but didn't warrant me to keep them.

1:6 looks spot on too me. The Dracula version looks great but the gypsy version looks really good.

I just opened a new Universal Monster piece today and it was the Sideshow 1:6 Son of Frankenstein figure. I haven't officially opened it out of the box but looks to be the best Boris Karloff sculpt to date. I'll be making a video soon I just need to get the Bride version and I will own all of the Boris Karloff's Frankenstein's Monster figures.

I just opened a new Universal Monster piece today and it was the Sideshow 1:6 Son of Frankenstein figure. I haven't officially opened it out of the box but looks to be the best Boris Karloff sculpt to date. I'll be making a video soon I just need to get the Bride version and I will own all of the Boris Karloff's Frankenstein's Monster figures.
That's a great figure.
Definitely agree about it being the best Karloff likeness in 1/6 scale so far.

Also, gotta love that he comes with inspector krogh's arm as an accessory. :rotfl

That's a great figure.
Definitely agree about it being the best Karloff likeness in 1/6 scale so far.

Also, gotta love that he comes with inspector krogh's arm as an accessory. :rotfl

I haven't fully examined the figure yet but the arm is just great! :lol Next up is the Bride version but I kind of want to get either the Ghost Chaney or Legosi Wolfman version next but I know I would be completing the Karloff versions if I get the Bride next. Big debate.

Not a lot of activity going on here so I'll post something to get the ball rolling again. I did receive in the son of frankenstein monster version and just got Fritz also. Both very nice figures. For the son I think it's the best Karloff likeness to date. Fritz is another very nicely done figure which I won brand new for $30 total. I also have been working on the Mobeius Models
Bride of Frankenstein model. I got it for Christmas last year and I started on it but put it away. I just about finished putting together the whole thing. The flasks and bottles are the last thing to put together. I was going to paint it and I started sealing the seams but decided to not. I'll send it off to a professional because Jeff Yagher's Sculpt is just beautiful. I took a picture below. I at the moment have my collection at the parents house so no pics on my stuff for now I did take a quick pic of the model. It'll be going back to my parents for storage until I get my own place. Keep the monsters alive people!
0c0b6cb1ac26489e545fe5e162d799a0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Not a lot of activity here. Come on guys no love? I got some Universal stuff in recently. Pic below.
uploadfromtaptalk1443832232601.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I hear ya brother. Huge Universal Classic Monsters fan here too, although I don't have any in my collection.
I'm waiting on someone to pick up this license and announce that they'll be doing the whole line. I'm a completest when it comes to the Universal Classic monsters. I want all of them or none at all.

Back