Possible SDCC Star Wars 12" Fig Exclusive...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, if/when they do an Ep2 Anakin it won't be a con exclusive. That's a whole new fig not a variant.

Buttmunch said:
Con exclusives are meant to pay for the company's trip to the con. They have to ship all those items, get in, and spend time with us geeks. :(

:monkey2 I can't believe you said that....

We are all geeks, but I didn't mean it in a bad way. They have to pay for their employees' time spent there. They still are working afterall, even if it is a fun event. I don't think shipping thousands of exclusives and display items is cheap either. I think they have to pay to show there as well and/or the employees attending.

Sideshow guys, any light on this subject?

I wasn't stating that I preferred Episode II Anakin as an exclusive, it just appears to me that the costume changes are much more subtle for the heroes in the prequel as oppossed to original trilogy. Well, that and I haven't had twenty years to watch the prequels over and over...yet. I was just throwing it out there as a possibility.

That being said, I would like Sith Eyes Anakin, as it would be a figure that I would love to have, but wouldn't feel like I didn't have a complete collection if I missed out on him, and given how quickly con exclusives sell out, that is a distinct possibility! :horror

I do not want to own two versions of Anakin. I'd go with the version that I thought was more quentissential to the character. For me, that's the Episode III version, so I wouldn't mind too much if Ep II was the Ex.

It's not just his costume. Hayden lookes markedly younger in ATOC. It is mainly his hair cut that makes him look older, but still, I think an ATOC Anakin warrants any entirely new head sculpt.

Anakin.jpg

anakin.jpg

I gotta agree Mikey, some of these characters I could pass on a variant, like episode II Anakin, but I would have to get others like Pilot Luke or Boussh Leia. I know my loyalties are with the OT:monkey3

Okay, I'd pay up for a few variants.

Leia and Padme
Luke in Bespin Gear
Han in ANH
Yoda from III and V
Palpatine from I, II, III, or VI (any and all versions, look at my avatar for God's Sake!!)

I'm sure if/when we get an episode II Anakin that there will be a different head sculpt. The 3 Connery and Moore Bonds all have different head sculpts as do the two Brosnans. At least...I think they do...crap, now I'm gonna have to climb up and take them off the shelf. Oh well, I needed to dust up there anyways.

Sign me up for all the redressed prequel characters. The only one that would give me pause (but I'd still get him) is AOTC Obi. Okay, I'll probably pass on a couple Padmes -- how many of her do we need anyway?

As for 4,5,6... I'd be more likely to pass on redressed figures there.

What I'm afraid of is seeing duplicate head sculpts and paints. I'd hate to see Luke in X-wing as having the same exact head as farm boy Luke or even Jedi Luke. If each new version of a character has a brand new face sculpt then I couldn't see passing on very many of them.

I'd get all the Padmes they can throw at me. Obi from Ep. II would be a question, as he's pretty close to Ep. III. But Anakin is radically different between the 2 movies.

I have confidence that Sideshow will make a new head sculpt for each character in their respective appearances.

I hope they release Dagobah Luke and Bespin Luke as separate figures. I would like to pose a Bespin Luke battling Vader and Dagobah Luke in his tank top with Yoda. Bespin Luke needs fierce, emotion filled expression while Dagobah Luke needs more of a insightful look (kinda like the current ROTJ Luke!). Do you guys agree with me on this one?

i think the SDCC ex should be ep 1 obi to go with qui-gon and maul

if not i hope SS will do him sometime ep 3 obi just would not look right fighting maul with qui-gon thats the scene i most want to recreate.

EVILFACE said:
Would be funny if the SDCC turns out to be Kitt Fisto in a different box.

2 figures for a guy with not much more screen time than the rest of us. LOL

JustinLuck said:
I have confidence that Sideshow will make a new head sculpt for each character in their respective appearances.

I hope they release Dagobah Luke and Bespin Luke as separate figures. I would like to pose a Bespin Luke battling Vader and Dagobah Luke in his tank top with Yoda. Bespin Luke needs fierce, emotion filled expression while Dagobah Luke needs more of a insightful look (kinda like the current ROTJ Luke!). Do you guys agree with me on this one?

since it's the same costume, i'd prefer they make one figure with two different removable heads. and for the exclusive version, i'd like to see a battle damaged luke with sweaty hair and a bruised, bleeding face.

I could be Kit with a different Smile head though. Would make a very good exclusive because only completests, Fisto Fans, and scalpers would want him. I would fall into categories A and B.

captain sack said:
since it's the same costume, i'd prefer they make one figure with two different removable heads. and for the exclusive version, i'd like to see a battle damaged luke with sweaty hair and a bruised, bleeding face.

Yeah, I agree... that would be the perfect way to do a ESB Luke Skywalker. Since the costume is exactly the same, you could have it this way and it would be perfect. Just swap the heads and take off the jacket... new Luke.

I also wonder how they will do Pilot gear Luke.... will it be an exclusive version of ESB or ANH Luke or will it be it's own regular version?

I could live without pilot Luke, I'd much rather have a Wedge in pilot gear. Then give me a Degobah Luke with Yoda on his back!:D

Back