Possible SDCC Star Wars 12" Fig Exclusive...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how much I really want a crispy Anakin. Still rather have Sith Eyes or the 2 pack with Anakin having Sith Eyes.

Buttmunch said:
Could you explain a bit more, I don't know what you're getting at.

say for example an Anakin with a totally different exclusive item. The original sideshow exclusive was Anakin with holographic Darth Sidious. So, i was thinking maybe Original Anakin with a whole different exclusive item, say maybe little Anakin. And it may or may not be Anakin for say.

I doubt it. They will have an exclusive figure for SDCC, not an exclusive accessory. I could seem them doing Sith Eyes Anakin with everthing else the regular Anakin has though. Perhaps then throw in an exclusive accessory. There could be exclusive accessories to the SDCC figure, but they won't be the only thing making it the SDCC exclusive.

Something that hasn't been mentioned, perhaps an accessory pack could be part of the 7 exclusives? A figure and an accessory pack?

a sith eyed Anakin is just not appealling to me. I would rather have a whole new character. oh well. if it is a sith eyed anakin, i will still buy it but probably sell it to whom ever wants it. for those who can't make to comic con.

Remember, Sideshow was going to have a new character, Kit, as the exclusive but figured too many fans would be upset by that, so that is why they are going with a variant.

Nobody has said it will be Sith eyes Anakin, but we are usually right on or not even close when it come to guessing.

well, where did someone see or read that it could be a Sith eyed anakin?

i know that Sideshow always come out with something BIG for conventions and a sith eyed anakin is just not Sideshow's style. Well, although last year they came out with the Luke with poncho, I was pretty disappointed in that as well. ended up selling it.

I really hope that the exclusive is not simply a rehash of Anakin with painted eyes and tattered clothing. I was hoping for a significant difference. Perhaps a completely different headsculpt along with the above, at the very least.

Then again, they might give us Anakin in dress uniform, PT Anakin or Extra-Salty Anakin...

how about an Obi wan with half of Darth Maul's severed body?? I don't know.

Wor Gar....SOLD!!! :eek:

student_toe5 said:
well, where did someone see or read that it could be a Sith eyed anakin?

After Han was announced, they said it would be a variant of an existing character but not Han or Luke. That only leaves Anakin, Obi-Wan, or Kit of it to be a variant of. Sith Annie or Smile Kit are the best bets.

a smiling Kit is a bigger possibility. I think I saw a pic of him smiling when I pre-ordered Kit. I will definitely get him.

I know there have been reports about SS not making a whole new figure as the exclusive, and pardon my ignorance about costume changes, but what about Episode II padawan anakin? Am I way off base to even suggest this as possibility? I don't recall the costume changes (Padme excepted) being as drastic for the prequels as they are in the original trilogy (i.e., Obi Wan is always in Jedi robes, but Luke goes from Farmer to Pilot to Bespin/Dagobah to Jedi)

Seaward said:
I know there have been reports about SS not making a whole new figure as the exclusive, and pardon my ignorance about costume changes, but what about Episode II padawan anakin? Am I way off base to even suggest this as possibility? I don't recall the costume changes (Padme excepted) being as drastic for the prequels as they are in the original trilogy (i.e., Obi Wan is always in Jedi robes, but Luke goes from Farmer to Pilot to Bespin/Dagobah to Jedi)

There are subtle differences in what Obi and Annie wear from film to film. Don't ask me what. I know the material for Anakin's tabards are different and Obi goes from white shirt and pants to brown shirt and pants.

I think an EpII Anakin as Exclusive is a great idea!

Are you guys nuts? Episode II Anakin would sell fine as a non-SDCC exclusive. They might as well make RotJ Vader the exclusive if you like that. How would you guys feel of Alec's Ben was it instead huh? It needs to be a minor variant like a costume difference from the same film or in Kit case, a different head because we're not going to get another Kit unless he is done like this.

I'm with Buttmunch on this one. Some of you guys really surprise me. You're telling me that EpII Ani looks similar enough to EpIII Ani to warrant an SDCC Exclusive only release? Did we even watch the same movies???:confused:

They may sound fine now, but if you miss them you'd say different. The SDCC exclusive is meant to be special, but not alientate. How would you feel if you couldn't go or order a non-attendee version? Endor Luke, Sith Eyes Anakin, Smile Kit, Mustfar two pack Anakin (with Sith eyes) and Obi-Wan, burned stumpy Anakin are all much better choices (some being better than others).

Since I can go this year, it doesn't matter much to me. If I couldn't go I'd be ticked if it was a major variant. I have been a long time hater of con exclusives and I still am, but I still understand why they do them. Con exclusives are meant to pay for the company's trip to the con. They have to ship all those items, get in, and spend time with us geeks. The exclusives allow them to break near even. This is why it should be special enough you'll buy it, but not special enough to alienate core collectors that can't make it. With most other companies its not a big deal because you can get most exclusives for near-cost, but Sideshow's only rise in value. :(

Back