Possible scam. Need advice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gueezer,

Sorry to hear what's happened, however i have some possible help.

Go out to the eBay discussion boards under Bidding. Start a thread about what's happened and I promise you'll get the kind of help you need. Now whether or not the seller does the right thing is up to him.

Oh yea, tell them that $ky sent you :D

Both parties should send back their respective items, and Miguel should WAIT until he sees the SIM back BEFORE sending Sauron.

:lecture

I don't think that collectors care so much about statues being "unopened", as that's really something reserved for action figures and other items that have a clear window to allow you to see the contents. In fact, I'd be wary of buying any statue that's listed as "unopened" as I'd have absolutely no way of knowing what condition the item is in. I'd much rather the seller opened the package to inspect the item for damage, then put it right back away. MISB is meaningless if you can't see what's inside the SB (sealed box).

I don't think that collectors care so much about statues being "unopened", as that's really something reserved for action figures and other items that have a clear window to allow you to see the contents. In fact, I'd be wary of buying any statue that's listed as "unopened" as I'd have absolutely no way of knowing what condition the item is in. I'd much rather the seller opened the package to inspect the item for damage, then put it right back away. MISB is meaningless if you can't see what's inside the SB (sealed box).

I agree...especially with something like the Sauron statue...that thing is so fragile with so many little parts.

I instantly mistrust someone who reverts to capital letters and innumerous exclamation marks :D
And then calls someone a liar who's been trying to keep this between the two parties and come to some agreement.

Good luck Geezer :peace

Yeah, have to say this all sounds like BS from the seller. My guess is you just got screwed out of your SIM.

When I won my Gandalf the White PF on eBay, the seller said that it had only been opened to inspect it before shipping. I'm glad he did that and it didn't make it any less valuable to me.

Now, if someone had something that is unopened, then he should state that it hasn't been opened and product is AS IS. Then you take a risk on it being defective. I would ask them to open and inspect it though before shipping it.

I don't understand this whole private deal thing. It's a private deal so you're SOL?

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Indeed...

Back