Possible scam. Need advice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I rang up the shipping company here in Portugal and they have said that it´s the senders responsibilty to file a claim. Nothing that I can do on my end...

Did you check the number on the bottom of the Sauron statue to be sure that the guy sent you back the same one that you sent to him? I've heard of people pulling c#*p like that before.:mad:

Good luck on getting things resolved, though I doubt that you'll get a positive outcome from that screw-ball!

sorry to say it but i think your screwed :duh
send a couple of emails and try to stay polite and hopefully get something out of it, other than that move on and chalk it up to experience.

Yeah... I rang up the shipping company here in Portugal and they have said that it´s the senders responsibilty to file a claim. Nothing that I can do on my end...

But did the sender actually get insurance and is what he said correct (about the fact that the insurance is void since you received the item)??

If it turns out this is not true, then tell him he needs to file.

But did the sender actually get insurance and is what he said correct (about the fact that the insurance is void since you received the item)??

If it turns out this is not true, then tell him he needs to file.

Well all I have is his "word" that he did get insurance. And no. It´s not true that the insurance is void once I receive the item. How else could I check the contents without receiving it?
The only reason that I see that he is using this "excuse" is because he did not have insurance.

Post the loser on every board you're on to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. Maybe he'll make good when he sees no one will deal with him anymore.

Last edited:
Well all I have is his "word" that he did get insurance. And no. It´s not true that the insurance is void once I receive the item. How else could I check the contents without receiving it?
The only reason that I see that he is using this "excuse" is because he did not have insurance.

Did you tell him to get insurance? Do you have this in writing? Saved emails/PMs?? If HE said he was going to insure the product, then you need to tell him that the insurance is NOT void when you receive the package and he needs to file a claim.

Guy is giving you the run around. Don't make it easy for him.

Any reason why you're not giving the name and protecting this scumbag?

Good question. If you're not going to expose this guy why bother posting at all? If nothing else comes of this at least you can help prevent someone else from getting scammed by this guy. :lecture

Hi,
I´m the guy you´re talking about. For all members this is my answer and my point of view!
There are always to perspectives of a story.

1. The Sauron I sent was UNOPENED!!!!!! He is writing on the forums that the broken parts wasn´t even in the box! This is a big LIE!!!!!

2. This was a private deal, this means in Germany(laws) no refund of money or figure if damaged, no insurance or guarantee for the item. In addition, I can´t see if something is damaged because the Sauron was unopened (like I told you during our deal). For real collectors this detail is very important. Because when I open to look inside, I can´t sell it as UNOPENED.

3. I sold one Sauron sometimes ago in a Forum, it was also unopened and there was no Problem with it!!! I got positive feedback! If some are interested you can see my feedbacks on ebay.

4. After he received his package and saw that something is broken, than it is not my business to call the shipping company to clarify this subject!! It is his business to call the company, because he can exactly tell them what is broken and that he want to have his money from the insurance.

5. After he first didn´t received the package and asked me I gave him the tracking ID to clarify.
But he didn´t called the shipping company. Than I researched for him the international number of the company(he could also do it by himself) and sent it to him. After he called at least the company it was too late, the company sent the package back because they couldn’t find him. Maybe he can explain to you all, why he didn´t called and tried to find out where the package was ???
I bought a lot from different countries and of course sometimes when figures were broken, the sellers always send me the tracking ID and I called the companies and clarified everything!!! So did I.
I sent him the tracking ID and telephone number of the shipping company! So why he didn’t call the company?? And I was accommodating and called the shipping company and told him what they told me. What kind of reason should I have to lie?? Why I should lie if you could get your money from the insurance?! The packages are automatically insured by this shipping company for 500 €. But it was your business to clarify not my.

6. His SIM was used and I´m sure that he knew that his light was defect, because the pic he sent me was just from the front!! In different Forums he wrote that I didn´t sent you a proof for this damage. Two members of a forum saw the figure also and they also saw that the light is defect. So I have also witnesses!!

7. As also the other members of the Forums told him, this was a PRIVATE deal. This means for him and me some risk. Because you can´t give me also a guarantee for your item!!! He is trying to threaten me with the portuguese authorities and want to open a file because of fraud! And than he is trying to charge me and my online store for fraud??? What fraud man, this has nothing to do with my online store or did he bought the figure from my system???? I have over 300 customers world wide and never ever had any problems with them.

I´m honest and have no problems to answer you also in this forum. I´m not hiding and have also no problem to tell all the members my online store (although this trade has nothing to do with it, it was a PRIVATE deal).

Regards

2. This was a private deal, this means in Germany(laws) no refund of money or figure if damaged, no insurance or guarantee for the item. In addition, I can´t see if something is damaged because the Sauron was unopened (like I told you during our deal). For real collectors this detail is very important. Because when I open to look inside, I can´t sell it as UNOPENED.

So you didn't pay for insurance? :confused: :emperor

4. After he received his package and saw that something is broken, than it is not my business to call the shipping company to clarify this subject!! It is his business to call the company, because he can exactly tell them what is broken and that he want to have his money from the insurance.

Actually it IS your business, the SENDER has to file the insurance claim. :wave

What kind of reason should I have to lie??

I can think of quite a few. :sick

Portugeezer (Miguel) has been a member for awhile and well I defer to believing him as opposed to someone who only has one post here. Perhaps Miguel can chime in whether the statue was opened previously or not? Either way, it IS your responsibility to file the insurance claim, and you can get pictures of the broken areas from Miguel to help you do that.

Sadly it has come to this and I have no other option...

The member "karagazi" is from the German Forum "Last Alliance" and has an online store called "www.cinecollectibles.com"

Hi,

1. The Sauron I sent was UNOPENED!!!!!! He is writing on the forums that the broken parts wasn´t even in the box! This is a big LIE!!!!!

Here is the pictures of the damage:
Damaged helmet
IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

A huge hole in the neck:

IMG_0662.jpg

The mace was nearly snapped in two:

IMG_0661.jpg

All this I could live with.But....

This HUGE broken piece of the front part of the armor was nowhere to be seen in the box.

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Also, the statue had a ton of dust and inumerous scratches.
So in fact, the statue was in no means whatsoever "unopened".

I also apreciate the fact the all the while I have tried to keep this between us and civil, you have called me a liar.

Does this mean you did NOT insure the package?
and how does this come in play where you say that the moment I accepted the package the insurance was void?

3. I sold one Sauron sometimes ago in a Forum, it was also unopened and there was no Problem with it!!! I got positive feedback! If some are interested you can see my feedbacks on ebay.

Why is this my concern ?
I also have inumerous deals on many Forums and have never had any problem.
What does this have to do with this issue?

Like it has been mentioned here before, it actually IS your business as the sender and seller to file the claim.

5. After he first didn´t received the package and asked me I gave him the tracking ID to clarify.
But he didn´t called the shipping company. Than I researched for him the international number of the company(he could also do it by himself) and sent it to him. After he called at least the company it was too late, the company sent the package back because they couldn’t find him. Maybe he can explain to you all, why he didn´t called and tried to find out where the package was ???
I bought a lot from different countries and of course sometimes when figures were broken, the sellers always send me the tracking ID and I called the companies and clarified everything!!! So did I.
I sent him the tracking ID and telephone number of the shipping company! So why he didn’t call the company?? And I was accommodating and called the shipping company and told him what they told me. What kind of reason should I have to lie?? Why I should lie if you could get your money from the insurance?! The packages are automatically insured by this shipping company for 500 €. But it was your business to clarify not my.

You gave me a tracking number that is useless to the shipping company here in Portugal.
When you finally dignified in giving me the International tracking ID and the actual name of the shipping company , I IMEDIATLY called them.
The package had already been returned to you.
It is important to say that the shipping coompany told me that the package had been returned to you because YOU had put the WRONG adress.
AND although you put the wrong adress, I had to pay the second shipping.

6. His SIM was used and I´m sure that he knew that his light was defect, because the pic he sent me was just from the front!! In different Forums he wrote that I didn´t sent you a proof for this damage. Two members of a forum saw the figure also and they also saw that the light is defect. So I have also witnesses!!

Of course the SIM was used. The pictures I provided you clearly showed he was on display.
Also, the moment you said the the light was defective, I IMEDIATLY, and I refrase, IMEDIATLY offered to anule the trade and you send me back the SIM. You refused.
You may have witnesses , but I have no pictures\proof.

7. As also the other members of the Forums told him, this was a PRIVATE deal. This means for him and me some risk. Because you can´t give me also a guarantee for your item!!! He is trying to threaten me with the portuguese authorities and want to open a file because of fraud! And than he is trying to charge me and my online store for fraud??? What fraud man, this has nothing to do with my online store or did he bought the figure from my system???? I have over 300 customers world wide and never ever had any problems with them.

Actually, the last part was rather humorous to me. It´s just so silly that I can´t even argue with it.
If, you are not happy with the SIM, and I will not accept to keep a broken Sauron statue, why don´t you just send me back my SIM and I will send you back the Sauron.
WHY?!?
Just send it back!

Oh, and yes. I have been advised to file a fraud claim with the Portuguese Online Fraud Authority dept.
If I do or not depends only on you.
Send me back my SIM.

Back