Possibility of ESB Luke DX 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't the Bespin outfit exactly the same as Dagobah? Luke puts on his belt before he enters the cave, whilst wearing the jacket.

I'm hoping for the same DX figure, minus the PERS and with a shorter body. Then add Yoda, backpack and diorama base with stacked rocks...boom, deluxe ESB Luke set.

Isn't the Bespin outfit exactly the same as Dagobah? Luke puts on his belt before he enters the cave, whilst wearing the jacket.

I'm hoping for the same DX figure, minus the PERS and with a shorter body. Then add Yoda, backpack and diorama base with stacked rocks...boom, deluxe ESB Luke set.

I would buy that.

As long as we get a Hot Toys Dagobah Luke and Yoda set, I will be very happy.

Supposedly we are getting the Degobah version with Yoda. If so, that's probably the only redo we'll get. But if that doesn't happen as that insider said it was going to (though I think he's been spot on with his other predictions), and if the line is successful enough, then I can see a 2.0 of sorts down the line. Maybe just the clean version though, with options for the Degobah Luke look or something.

The original was available at or near retail for a damn long time though. So I don't think HT looks at that specific release and thinks--we need to milk this like Iron Man!

I guess technically anything is a possibility. Its possible they could make Kal'Falnl C'ndros. Only Hot Toys really knows.

The original was available at or near retail for a damn long time though. So I don't think HT looks at that specific release and thinks--we need to milk this like Iron Man!
I'm guessing the reason for Luke being available so long at retail is that there were no other Star Wars Hot Toys figures on the horizon. There were rumblings of Anakin and Han but nothing came of it. If there had been more figures announced following Bespin Luke, I'm sure he would have sold out much quicker.

I'm guessing the reason for Luke being available so long at retail is that there were no other Star Wars Hot Toys figures on the horizon. There were rumblings of Anakin and Han but nothing came of it. If there had been more figures announced following Bespin Luke, I'm sure he would have sold out much quicker.

I think price point at that time influenced sales. They make a 2.0 standard release, it may sell more quickly. Those of us with Dx will consider it a bargain

I hope not.
The original DX Luke is awesome.
If you missed it...tough tittay!

Eh - I didn't miss it and while the BD head is still the best Luke ever done (that's been released that is,) it would be nice to see the HT Bespin outfit re-released with a better non-BD head.

The fact I swapped my non-BD with the SSC (non-hatted) Luke Hoth head - because likeness is better - isn't a good thing.:lol

Dx 2 pack Luke was the last decent dx priced deal loaded before the dark time's of the Empire Disney.

Dx 2 pack Luke was the last decent dx priced deal loaded before the dark time's of the Empire Disney.

Well, it was essentially two of the exact same figure and averaged $150 each at a time when HT figs were in the $170-200 range so yeah, decent - but not great.

Three years earlier with DX Joker - now that was a pretty great deal: buy an extra HT body for around $50 and you had two unique figs for not much over $100 apiece.

Back