Possibility of ESB Luke DX 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoyoctopus10

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you guys think that hot toys will ever (in the next 2 years) release a 2.0 for the DX 07 Luke ESB? I missed out on this one and at this point would rather wait for an updated version than pay the eBay premium, but if it's gonna be years/may never happen I'm gonna jump on it for the price goes up even more. Thanks!

I highly doubt it. It looks like they're knocking out the "main" OT figures right out of the gate and once they start with the new Trilogy/spinoff's, those will be priority.

I don't think it will be in the next two years, maybe they'll release a variance of this figure, like Dagobah, but who knows.

Do you guys think that hot toys will ever (in the next 2 years) release a 2.0 for the DX 07 Luke ESB? I missed out on this one and at this point would rather wait for an updated version than pay the eBay premium, but if it's gonna be years/may never happen I'm gonna jump on it for the price goes up even more. Thanks!

There have been rumours and speculation but nothing definite. There has been some precedent for 2.0 versions of characters, although to be fair they are producing A LOT right now. If they do it, I doubt it'd be a DX, which doesn't seem to be a thing anymore although I'm not the most knowledgeable about these things, someone else may say otherwise.

In theory you could piece one together, if you just wanted the character but not the set. It could take time and be pretty expensive as well, but the parts are out there.

I missed out on the DX07 release too but I bought one here on the forum for $300 which I believe is a few bucks under retail value. Just check the for sale threads often and be patient. One will pop up!

That DX release is old and out of sync with the new HT SW line. I would certainly hope that they make a Luke Bespin eventually as part of the new line.

I would bet money on Dagobah Luke/yoda backpack training mode. Just give them time to finish a new hope line 1st. They have how many Iron man :dunno ??? They hot toys love variant's of same figure and just need 2 dirty up Luke n add yoda.

That DX release is old and out of sync with the new HT SW line. I would certainly hope that they make a Luke Bespin eventually as part of the new line.

How is it out of sinc? Just curious why you think it is. Maybe I am missing something. Are you talking about the head sculpt?

I sort of doubt a re-do of this figure is a high priority but it could happen eventually. I think between finishing the other Original Trilogy characters and characters for the new films that a re-release would be a ways off. Only way I could see it coming soon is if they didn't do a straight up re-release but used some things from it and added Yoda. They could do a two pack of the Dagobah training scene with Luke carrying Yoda in the backpack.

I'd be much more interested in Hot Toys taking on Luke's Jedi Knight outfit from ROTJ, myself. That and a HT version of an old, bearded Jedi Master Luke from TFA are at the very top of my "Most Wanted" 1/6 list right now.

But that said, I too missed out on the Bespin Luke and I wouldn't mind a 2.0 giving me another shot at 'em.

I am sure a 2.0 will happen eventually because Hot Toys will sell more of those than non-main characters. However, I don't think it is guaranteed to happen soon as there are a few others Luke variations to be done and Star Wars isn't as popular in Hong Kong as some of their other properties.

How is it out of sinc? Just curious why you think it is. Maybe I am missing something. Are you talking about the head sculpt?

Is the headsculpt out of sync with the new HT SW line? Nope. Fits right in with the other bungled sculpts. I disliked the Angry Asian Bespin Luke sculpt so much that I used the new SS Hoth Luke sculpt with the HT hairpiece instead.

If they do make a 2.0 Bespin Luke, a better sculpt won't be enough at this point to entice me. As far as I'm concerned, it's done and it's as good as we're going to get. Bring on Jedi Luke. :rock

Back