Portal 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the single player tonight. It's an great game. I never played the first, but I'll track it down now. Had a blast with this one.

i also beat single played, absolutley loved it. co op got a little boring after a while but thats because i had been playing it all day.
really good story to it though, id give a 9.5 or a 9.7 out of 10

Also sign me up on the "I beat the game tonight" list. Going back and getting all single player achievements right now before I head over to co-op.

I love everything valve does basically. Portal 2 is no exception, everything and more.

I finished my second run through in single player today, but I could only accomplish two of my missing achievements. Grrrr... Some of them are kind of obscure (not sure what they mean for me to do) and some are just really hard to accomplish.

I finished my second run through in single player today, but I could only accomplish two of my missing achievements. Grrrr... Some of them are kind of obscure (not sure what they mean for me to do) and some are just really hard to accomplish.

Using chapter select is much easier. I only have 2 or 3 left in single player campaign.

Some are obscure but I like that about valve games, they had the same kind of ones in the orange box, very hidden. There's only 1 or 2 I can think of in single player campaign that are quite out there though...the rest are fairly straight forward if you read the descriptions.

Played for another hour or so tonight. It's great, but I think it's time for Valve to develop a new engine. Source isn't looking so hot now, and the placement of loading pauses are too clumsy for modern standards.

Gaming Heads has the license for Valve games. :)

Played for another hour or so tonight. It's great, but I think it's time for Valve to develop a new engine. Source isn't looking so hot now, and the placement of loading pauses are too clumsy for modern standards.

Yeah... the loading can get annoying. I wasn't expecting that still after all these years.

More textures could be higher res.

Other than that I really love the way Valve's games look and feel.

Even though the engine is outdated, I'm still impressed with what it's able to accomplish, even when compared to the games we have today.

Valve gets away with it because their art design is top notch. Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2 in some ways resemble Pixar in style. The flair goes a long way. With the Left 4 Dead games, graphics aren't such a big deal once you see a horde of 80 zombies swarm you.

But unless they can push Source beyond it's apparent limits (which are seen in Portal 2, unfortunately), I don't think they will be able to get away with it with the next Half Life release.

Valve gets away with it because their art design is top notch. Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2 in some ways resemble Pixar in style. The flair goes a long way. With the Left 4 Dead games, graphics aren't such a big deal once you see a horde of 80 zombies swarm you.

But unless they can push Source beyond it's apparent limits (which are seen in Portal 2, unfortunately), I don't think they will be able to get away with it with the next Half Life release.

Probably why it's taking so long. Revamping the engine.

Yeah I agree. It makes me wonder though if Valve miscalculated the whole episodic thing and once they realized episode 3 wouldn't be done within 2 years of episode 2 that was the point in time that they decided to either revamp Source or develop an entirely new engine. I'd be willing to bet that things weren't always going according to plan over at Valve.

I hope Portal 2 is the last big Valve release that uses Source.

Back