Popcultureshock Street Fighter Alex statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can always find one...

....on eBay:horror

Where 70% will end up.

i am okie with that, rather have announced low es and missing an occasional piece paying flipper price on ebay than looking at sideshow's TBD -> 2000 ES bulls***.

jerry and pcs are awesome, their quality is also good.

I dont actually care that much for alex as he's not one of the originals, so not too big a deal.

i am okie with that, rather have announced low es and missing an occasional piece paying flipper price on ebay than looking at sideshow's TBD -> 2000 ES bulls***.

I dont actually care that much for alex as he's not one of the originals, so not too big a deal.

Do people seriously think like this? You rather either have to skip statues you want or pay 300% of the retail price than allow other collectors the opportunity to easily acquire the same piece for retail? I'll never understand the statue collector mentality :dunno

As someone who has mainly collected Japanese figures over the years it's usually restocks and rereleases that people are begging and pleading for and even without those you tend to be able to find what you want and generally if something goes up in price, it is either because it's old or was some kind of Japan locked web exclusive that was already expensive to begin with.

I'd say the main issue with the Sideshow ES is that they are too large of a leap from practices even a year or two ago. Having higher ES now makes sense because they have a growing fanbase, but it's weird when some statues get 250 made and then others get 5000 made. If people absolutely must have exclusiveness then I feel like the ideal model would probably be an open preorder for a single day on the regular and then a single hour for the exclusive. That way, people are limited in time and once the time is up it's gone, but at the same time those who actually want it now can acquire it.

The model Jerry is using right now is the lottery. It's almost entirely random and it's like drawing straws where the winner now gets the chance to buy something for retail price. It fuels the classical collector mentality and in return it stabs the majority in the back. I just don't get how people can go "Oh I missed out on this statue I had been wanting for months, but thank goodness the ES is low! Now if someone can sell it to me for $1000 please!"

Last edited:
Do people seriously think like this? You rather either have to skip statues you want or pay 300% of the retail price than allow other collectors the opportunity to easily acquire the same piece for retail? I'll never understand the statue collector mentality :dunno

yes, that's why it's called limited edition collectibles with a $300+ retail price tag, instead of hasbro toys in aisle 7 at walmart.

As someone who has mainly collected Japanese figures over the years it's usually restocks and rereleases that people are begging and pleading for and even without those you tend to be able to find what you want and generally if something goes up in price, it is either because it's old or was some kind of Japan locked web exclusive that was already expensive to begin with.

i consider those big eyed pvc dolls as toys - aisle 7 at walmart.

yes, that's why it's called limited edition collectibles with a $300+ retail price tag, instead of hasbro toys in aisle 7 at walmart.

i consider those big eyed pvc dolls as toys - aisle 7 at walmart.

I guess if I was going to argue with someone it would need to be someone worth arguing with :dunno

Also I was mainly talking about Japanese PVC statues, which often rival these statues in price and quality, but without the mass-spread quality control issues despite being mass produced ten to a hundred times more. I could better understand low ES if it actually guaranteed well packed flawless statues, but that seems to rarely be the case.

:exactly: same I really hate the big ES and non numbered statues.

agree hate large edition sizes, rathet have small edition sizes and if i miss out, just makes it that much more fun when you finally aquire it, large edition sizes takes the fun out of collecting ,not really limited when you easily buy it 1 year after! miss the days when the hunt was on when you had to make sure you had your order in onntime to secure a statue.

agree hate large edition sizes, rathet have small edition sizes and if i miss out, just makes it that much more fun when you finally aquire it, large edition sizes takes the fun out of collecting ,not really limited when you easily buy it 1 year after! miss the days when the hunt was on when you had to make sure you had your order in onntime to secure a statue.

But this hunt is a blind one. You could be on time that isn't going to secure the statue. A good deal of it is luck in the email lottery system. Six hundred emails went for the EX in the first minute. And let's not forget that a big reason why so many people went for the EX was because it was so limited. Scorpion was far more reasonable. 200 made for the EX. Sold out in five hours. Now he'll rise in price, but the hardcore collectors who wanted him likely got him. You just had to be there on time. That's how it should be. If you can make the first thirty minutes or hour that should be good enough. It shouldn't be a wheel of fortune where only one slot has any kind of positive outcome.

I'd say the main issue with the Sideshow ES is that they are too large of a leap from practices even a year or two ago. Having higher ES now makes sense because they have a growing fanbase, but it's weird when some statues get 250 made and then others get 5000 made. If people absolutely must have exclusiveness then I feel like the ideal model would probably be an open preorder for a single day on the regular and then a single hour for the exclusive. That way, people are limited in time and once the time is up it's gone, but at the same time those who actually want it now can acquire it.

The model Jerry is using right now is the lottery. It's almost entirely random and it's like drawing straws where the winner now gets the chance to buy something for retail price. It fuels the classical collector mentality and in return it stabs the majority in the back. I just don't get how people can go "Oh I missed out on this statue I had been wanting for months, but thank goodness the ES is low! Now if someone can sell it to me for $1000 please!"

:)
I get your way of thinking

I like it better if the darn thing is massive and expensive to begin with and has a middle of the road ES
As a producer, we are doing this exact thing
Medusa is a great example

Last edited:
I get your way of thinking

I like it better if the darn thing is massive and expensive to begin with and has a middle of the road ES

My thoughts on statues ES are very unpopular so it is cool to see someone else at least take a stab at trying to get what I'm saying. People complain about Sideshow's huge 1000+ ES and then praise this Alex 50 ES, but to keep up with the modern growing market I feel like at the very least a middle ground ES would be a preferred method. They will still sell out and be deemed both traditional and modern collectibles, but all the hardcore collectors who wanted it will be able to obtain it, no luck involved.

My thoughts on statues ES are very unpopular so it is cool to see someone else at least take a stab at trying to get what I'm saying. People complain about Sideshow's huge 1000+ ES and then praise this Alex 50 ES, but to keep up with the modern growing market I feel like at the very least a middle ground ES would be a preferred method. They will still sell out and be deemed both traditional and modern collectibles, but all the hardcore collectors who wanted it will be able to obtain it, no luck involved.

not everyone who wants one suppose to get it, that's why it's called limited edition collectibles. Sideshow has really destroyed/spoiled meaning of these words.

Go checkout some of the true limited edition releases from highend brands like lladro and cartier, you have to be a member to even order it, and it's limited just like pcs pieces.

it's okie though, i still love you.

medusa is fine but you guys have to be very careful though it's a fine line between release 1 or 2 versions of the same statue vs releasing so many versions of the same statue each with their own ES that collectors just give up on the brand..

medusa is fine but you guys have to be very careful though it's a fine line between release 1 or 2 versions of the same statue vs releasing so many versions of the same statue each with their own ES that collectors just give up on the brand..

Yes true

When you do look back you see that we did a 1/6 Medusa and then the big 1/4 dio. Both lines sold out
Now we have the official license for Conan, you see today we have the 1/4 @ 21" and at the same time we are working on a great action pose dio that will be fantastic! Yes we are targeting different buyers.
Later Red Sonja and so on...

so everyone paid for the ex version so no conversions kind of surprising i figured 1 or 2 at least wouldn't pay even with such a low es

:exactly: If a statue has too many version I will give up, just not worth getting so many versions of the same character. At least for me it's not worth it.

My goodness. He's not shipping out until September and even then it will probably be delayed. This slowness is just so frustrating.

My goodness. He's not shipping out until September and even then it will probably be delayed. This slowness is just so frustrating.

Yeah I hear you. Got both versions paid in full, just sitting back and waiting.

Yeah I hear you. Got both versions paid in full, just sitting back and waiting.

The fanbase is definitely part of the problem though. He says some excuse about how his computer crashed or something, thus he lost all of the data that SHOULD HAVE been copied and in other places anyway and somehow that makes up for everything. All the people respond wishing him the best saying it's alright and how they look forward to the updates etc... :dunno

When you have customers that will pander to you like that of course the company can get away with anything, no rush. It's like ThreeA, but not as extreme. When I go onto Youtube and such people s___ talk custom Street Fighter statues saying how one should go PCS or nothing at all. That kind of stupid elitism is just absurd.

Back