Popcultureshock - Sagat - Mixed Media Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly:
I can't believe how expensive the ss ex & psc ex is. Has any 1/4 statue broke the 1k mark as quickly as this?

The ARH Medusa Rattlesnake version has had 2 sell...one went for $1800 and another went for $1500. The initial cost was $600 + $200 shipping so $800. Only 2 people even have them in hand so far, no one in N. America has theirs yet. The ES was only 70. Looking forward to getting mine.

The only thing that really bothers me about all of this is the fact that I got on the waitlist right after the sell out, barely missing a purchase of the statue. Due to the fact that these are going for ridiculous prices, there is no way for me to own one. It really sucks because I actually am a really big sagat fan and a bunch of people that I have seen with the statue arent even street fighter fans. They are just buying it to flip and selling it for much they can. Every single boardmember that has messaged me about selling one wants close to 1k. I thought forum members were supposed to help each other (the fans) out, not make a quick buck. I see video reviews for this statue with people saying that its their favorite popcultureshock release only to be selling them a few days later for a quick buck. Stupid.

Rant over.

The only thing that really bothers me about all of this is the fact that I got on the waitlist right after the sell out, barely missing a purchase of the statue. Due to the fact that these are going for ridiculous prices, there is no way for me to own one. It really sucks because I actually am a really big sagat fan and a bunch of people that I have seen with the statue arent even street fighter fans. They are just buying it to flip and selling it for much they can. Every single boardmember that has messaged me about selling one wants close to 1k. I thought forum members were supposed to help each other (the fans) out, not make a quick buck. I see video reviews for this statue with people saying that its their favorite popcultureshock release only to be selling them a few days later for a quick buck. Stupid.

Rant over.

Best thing to do about that is get em back :wink1:

Snag yourself the next EX statue or get on PCS mailing list and see if you can pick up an exclusive for trade bait.

If there's one thing I've learned about this Hobby, it's that some collectors will generally go nuts for something that they don't have that's exclusive.

I jumped on the waitlist for the Sagat EX right after it went up. I was looking for some trade bait since I'm rather new to the hobby. I lucked up and mine converted. Very nice statue and Sagat is my favorite SF character. I'm open to trading it but my wants list is small.

Rant over.

Blame popcultureshock for the low edition count on a popular piece. But when it comes down to it, either you got in on it or you didn't, it's the nature of the system.

I can actually spend the money to pick up one on the secondary market if I wanted to but refuse on the principal that PCS didn't make enough for everyone. Once the edition count gets low, all of the flippers come in droves to wipe everything out.

Blame popcultureshock for the low edition count on a popular piece. But when it comes down to it, either you got in on it or you didn't, it's the nature of the system.

I can actually spend the money to pick up one on the secondary market if I wanted to but refuse on the principal that PCS didn't make enough for everyone. Once the edition count gets low, all of the flippers come in droves to wipe everything out.

Jerry said so himself that he tries to keep his peices "collectible" by making sure not all that want it get it. I like this myself. Missed out on Reptile, but oh well. He did up the ES by 100 on the reg, so that helped out. Would hate to see another SF statue go the way of Bison, Guile and Chun Li because the ES was too high.

Rant over.

Amen to that. Unfortunately it looks like that's the way it goes. i jumped on this train a bit late as well so it looks like I'm gonna have to wait it out or just completely forget about this statue and wait for the remaining characters. There's just no way i can justify paying $1k for a hobby at the moment - the lady of the house would kill me lol

Just got my SS EX In #31 in the house BAD A**!!

its-beautiful.jpg

Amen to that. Unfortunately it looks like that's the way it goes. i jumped on this train a bit late as well so it looks like I'm gonna have to wait it out or just completely forget about this statue and wait for the remaining characters. There's just no way i can justify paying $1k for a hobby at the moment - the lady of the house would kill me lol

its-beautiful.jpg

Nice! :rotfl

Someone posted prices for street fighter statues on the other site,you should take a look.I think one thousand might be high

I'd say if you want one and find a price your ok with then jump now. I only see the SS EX and PCS version climbing higher.

Im still waitlisted for a regular version, i hope it gets converted... But I am skeptical.

Back