PopCultureShock Kitana Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to collecting. If you think for one second that you're the only one who has ever had to pay double or triple for a statue, then you're dead wrong.

I had to pay $700+ for my Venom comiquette, when he originally was released for $250. I had to pay $750 for my Soulfire Grace statue when she was released for around $300. That's just a normal part of the hobby. You either fork over the money for a piece that you really, really want, or you skip it.

Wow venom was only 250.00? Now I feel even worse.... At least if it was 350.00 to 400.00 I would have felt better :(

Mortal-Kombat-Kitana-Pop-Culture-Shock-22.jpg

I'm gonna pose her like this, now she just needs somebody to face her.

I believe Darth Talon was 289.99, the only thing that matters is...what is it worth to u?

I hope talon was not 250.00 when she came out, was she? Please tell me 350.00 to 400.00. Grevious I didn't feel bad because he was 500.00 to start.

Darth Talon was $290. She was preorder priority back in the good old days. If memory served me right, she sold out in less the 5 minutes. ES was originally set at 450 but was changed to 650.

You would have never gotten her anyways....so paying $$$ would be your only option :monkey3

Mortal-Kombat-Kitana-Pop-Culture-Shock-22.jpg

I'm gonna pose her like this, now she just needs somebody to face her.

Agreed.
I feel the same way with the Sagat statue.
If you're going to sculpt him in his pre-fight ready stance, give us someone to put on the opposite side of him to add to the look.

Darth Talon was $290. She was preorder priority back in the good old days. If memory served me right, she sold out in less the 5 minutes. ES was originally set at 450 but was changed to 650.

You would have never gotten her anyways....so paying $$$ would be your only option :monkey3

Yes you are right..... Bummers.... :(

Yes you are right..... Bummers.... :(

Hey... 99% collectors out there has one way or another paid 'market' value for the past statues they have missed. Hell, I've spent $2k on the grey Hulk PF & $1600 on Doom PF. Did I want to pay that much for them.... No! I paid it because I wanted it. Do I regret it....no!

Agreed.
I feel the same way with the Sagat statue.
If you're going to sculpt him in his pre-fight ready stance, give us someone to put on the opposite side of him to add to the look.

I hope we will see more pre-fight ready stances in the future,
It is cool to make them face each other, that will gives us the whole fighting game feeling imo.

Hey... 99% collectors out there has one way or another paid 'market' value for the past statues they have missed. Hell, I've spent $2k on the grey Hulk PF & $1600 on Doom PF. Did I want to pay that much for them.... No! I paid it because I wanted it. Do I regret it....no!

Exactly. We've all done it to get a piece we missed and really wanted. :goodpost:

I'm a perve...I only buy culo-like statues :monkey3 In all honestly, it's unfortunate that Jerry got the MOTU license. If it wasn't for these types of statues, I would not buy from him. I still don't like the guy, but he produces some ok statues that I like.

PCS has the MotU license???? Where are the products?
I really REALLY wanted that Skeletor statue form NECA but never ended up getting it and I never even saw the other ones.

Welcome to collecting. If you think for one second that you're the only one who has ever had to pay double or triple for a statue, then you're dead wrong.

I had to pay $700+ for my Venom comiquette, when he originally was released for $250. I had to pay $750 for my Soulfire Grace statue when she was released for around $300. That's just a normal part of the hobby. You either fork over the money for a piece that you really, really want, or you skip it.

That's one thing I'm really trying to avoid. I really want some like Spidey and others but I just have a very hard time justifying $500+ for a statue, even at retail.

PCS has the MotU license???? Where are the products?
I really REALLY wanted that Skeletor statue form NECA but never ended up getting it and I never even saw the other ones.

They recently got the license. Will probably show off the first piece in the next couple months i thought i read somewhere?

Do you think any pcs statues will preview in the nycc next year? Or do anyone know if nycc has anything from SS or pcs from this year to preview?

Do you think any pcs statues will preview in the nycc next year? Or do anyone know if nycc has anything from SS or pcs from this year to preview?

I've been to NYCC. They are not known for their statues. SideShow and other companies don't even have booths there. I don't even think anything new is ever shown for the first time there. You want SDCC

I've been to NYCC. They are not known for their statues. SideShow and other companies don't even have booths there. I don't even think anything new is ever shown for the first time there. You want SDCC

Hi there! I see you are from NY! I go there a few times a year. Just got back 2 days ago. I checked out midtown comics and they always have the most statues. Kind of fun to live in NY. So much food, things to do etc. Did you order a kitana ex?

Last edited:
Hi there! I see you ate from NY! I go there a few times a year. Just got back 2 days ago. I checked out midtown comics and they always have the most statues. Kind of fun to live in NY. So much food, things to do etc. Did you order a kitana ex?

No. I don't like the base or the sculpt very much. I think it is a mediocre statue. Also I'm not even a fan of Mortal Kombat...well I did play Mortal Kombat II but I was never a big fan.

Did you order it?

No. I don't like the base or the sculpt very much. I think it is a mediocre statue. Also I'm not even a fan of Mortal Kombat...well I did play Mortal Kombat II but I was never a big fan.

Did you order it?

Yes the excitement got the better of me. I like the character even though I don't know anything about her. I never played the game for various reasons mainly because of the way the characters move. It seems like I could close my eyes and press anything and seems not fun to me. But sf to me felt like a game where I could not do this. That's why I spent all my time playing the early sf games before 3D started showing up. But with most things if I see the character and looks cool I want it. So yes I ordered this. Not sure how it will look in person. But its more good than bad from the pics. I do like games back in the days so it's nice to have this one. Even if it's not games I played, it's still cool to own it. She will look nice in my collection.

Soo , I just got on the EX Wait-List. What do you think guys, which are my chancer for it to convert?:monkey1
Also, which is the other site you talk about, where this statue is famous?!?
New to PCS, and after finding out the about the Scorpion Statue I found this and got very excited.

Also, has anyone a EX Scorpion the´d sell ? :monkey3Is scorpion worth getting, I heard he arrived broken for a lot of people, did it happen to any of you ?:dunno

Back