Popcultureshock Chun-Li Mixed Media Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to derail here a little, but I need to talk about that Darkchylde statue. Since she was mentioned here, and there is no thread for her, I need to convey this somewhere. That is not the PCS Ariel statue that was already put up for pre-order a while back. The original is fully sculpted. Did Jerry secretly do a mixed-media version too that still has yet to go up for order? If so, then I'm so glad that I passed on that first one, because this one looks so much better.

Edit: Looks like I'll have to create a profile at statueforum if I want to talk about it: https://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=119468

2nd Edit: I made a thread for the Darkchylde statue: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97589

One last edit: Looks like this new one isn't mixed-media either, but it is 1/4 scale.

Last edited:
It's a very nice looking sculpt. Can't wait to see when it goes up for ordering.

Thanks, Barb. She looks pretty sweet, doesn't she? :) I'm glad they've positioned her so that the PCS Scorpion isn't trying to skew her alive, too.
Haha! Yeah, she looks phenomenal! Best PCS piece so far, I'd be so bold to say. :rock
Sorry to derail here a little, but I need to talk about that Darkchylde statue. Since she was mentioned here, and there is no thread for her, I need to convey this somewhere. That is not the PCS Ariel statue that was already put up for pre-order a while back. The original is fully sculpted. Did Jerry secretly do a mixed-media version too that still has yet to go up for order? If so, then I'm so glad that I passed on that first one, because this one looks so much better.
Yes, that is a bit unexpected. A surprise release perhaps? She looks great!

Pop culture has another winner!
I must have her!!!

Photos I took today:
Helps to be with Sideshow ;)

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

I think it's decent. Especially since it's the only one I've seen.

Hmmm. Good question. I have no idea who the heck that is. She doesn appear to have a rather scary hand. :confused:

Barb bro, just cause im not on SF don't mean I don't love you no more!

Here you go bro...

DSC03184.jpg

DSC03156.jpg

Don't forget to give credit where it's due on SF Brother ;)

Last edited:
As a Street Fighter fan I'm really happy that this statue is been made. And as much as I'm a fan of Jerry (PopCultureShock) I would have to say some things about this statue.

I was hoping that the picture he had shown was only a prototype and that he was still going to work on improving it. The representation of Chun Li in this statue is way off. The face, hair and leggings are completely wrong. If you played Street Fighter or check google images you would know that Chun Li looks nothing like this. The leggings are way too thick, most of the pictures shows Chun Li with no leggings and when they do it's never that thick. The hair looks kind of dead to me and plus uneven. Plus the sash across her waist is wrong. Fighting sashes are supposed to be smooth not embroidered like that. And there is just something about the face that doesn't look right.

I usually really dislike the female face sculpts from Popcultureshock, but the Chun Li's face looks really nice.

I would have preferred the statue to have more molded pieces. It would have been nice if the legs were just solid and showed off her muscles a bit more. The clothing could have been thinner material to accentuate her body better too IMO. Not a bad piece but an easy pass for me.

As a Street Fighter fan I'm really happy that this statue is been made. And as much as I'm a fan of Jerry (PopCultureShock) I would have to say some things about this statue.

I was hoping that the picture he had shown was only a prototype and that he was still going to work on improving it. The representation of Chun Li in this statue is way off. The face, hair and leggings are completely wrong. If you played Street Fighter or check google images you would know that Chun Li looks nothing like this. The leggings are way too thick, most of the pictures shows Chun Li with no leggings and when they do it's never that thick. The hair looks kind of dead to me and plus uneven. Plus the sash across her waist is wrong. Fighting sashes are supposed to be smooth not embroidered like that. And there is just something about the face that doesn't look right.

Street Fighter characters have never looked consistent in the least bit. The only thing that stays consistent, usually, is their outfits, but their personalities and sometimes even their back stories change drastically from game to game, along with their overall design because of how radically different each Street Fighter game's art direction is. To look like Chun Li, she doesn't even have to look Chinese since Chun Li rarely does. All she has to do is have her outfit on and have big thighs.

Back