Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, Orko or bust for me. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Dang sorry to hear that. I would do exactly as you though and wouldn't hesitate for a second to return a statue and/or drop a line. I'm at a point where I will no longer put up with this kind of stuff from any company.

PCS replied. They apologized, said the statue had been checked, and that there are no more replacements. I can either send it back or keep it and take a $40 refund. I am verifying that they will refund the original shipping and allow me to cancel my Beastman EX without penalty. I'm done with PCS, I think. Just a pretty crummy overall first experience, and like I said earlier, collecting more of these statues without He-Man is pointless.

well mutant I might be in the same boat if my replacement is flawed, really sorry to hear about that..pretty rough

sorry to hear that Mutant-Man :( its never a nice experience when finding something damaged or faulty, especially when you've been waiting for such a long time too :gah: I know you prefer to have Orko but given the chance to continue with the line I'd prob just pick up the He-Man regular so that at least you have him in the set...but that's just my opinion :dunno

PCS replied. They apologized, said the statue had been checked, and that there are no more replacements. I can either send it back or keep it and take a $40 refund. I am verifying that they will refund the original shipping and allow me to cancel my Beastman EX without penalty. I'm done with PCS, I think. Just a pretty crummy overall first experience, and like I said earlier, collecting more of these statues without He-Man is pointless.

Maybe they'll let you keep Orko and you can pick up the regular.

I personally wouldn't let very small imperfections ruin an entire collection. mutant-man you seem all to ready to kick this line to the curb because of imperfection on one and the first statue out the factory.

I cannot imagine you are much of a MOTU fan if those teeny tiny cracks would ruin such kick ass statue and then to go one loader and rule out the entire line of kick ass statues because of it.

Folks can see my crack and it's worse than yours mutant-man yet I am not returning it.

I realise that I am the only one hear who sees this which makes me feel like the poor man in the rich mans club.

Last edited:
Folks can see my crack and it's worse than yours mutant-man yet I am not returning

[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

b1NIPz5.gif

Eamon,

It's a combination of a flawed product and bad customer service. And like I said, if those cracks would stay as they are, I'd be OK with it. But the paint certainly looks like it will flake away, and that's totally unacceptable.

As for your MOTU comment, it's true that I'm a Ninja Turtles guy first, but He-Man was essential to my childhood. Trust me, I'm pretty torn up over this. Lost sleep last night, and really just keep telling myself that it's only a statue. But PCS has lost me as a customer--their stuff looks cool, but this experience has been pretty bad.

Eamon,

It's a combination of a flawed product and bad customer service. And like I said, if those cracks would stay as they are, I'd be OK with it. But the paint certainly looks like it will flake away, and that's totally unacceptable.

As for your MOTU comment, it's true that I'm a Ninja Turtles guy first, but He-Man was essential to my childhood. Trust me, I'm pretty torn up over this. Lost sleep last night, and really just keep telling myself that it's only a statue. But PCS has lost me as a customer--their stuff looks cool, but this experience has been pretty bad.

Why is it that I can look past my crack (stop it Kuzeh :D ) but you cannot look past yours which are hardly even noticable? You are being purely speculative about the cracks spreading.
To kick the line to the curb over this is insane man. These statues rock.

I think the suggestions from the others here is a good one. Try to get the regular edition and keep the Orko.

Though I don't have my Orko out as I actually think he's too distracting from He-Man who just looks boss on his own.

Sure, I'd like to keep Orko and try another body, but PCS said there aren't more replacements. I'm not sure how else I might arrange to keep Orko, short of keeping the whole thing.

What you are willing to accept is not and does not have to be the same as what anyone else is willing or unwilling to accept.

Speculation? Ok, perhaps, but with good reason. Haven't you see cracked paint before on other things, like a house or bench? Without fail it eventually flakes, and if you look at a couple of the more serious paint flaws over on statue forums, you can see that the paint is already lifted off in decent chunks in a couple of photos. I believe that mine, and apparently many others, may do the same. I'm not going to take a $350 gamble that it won't.

I understand that different folks have different levels of tolerance but is it not remotely possible to accept that you are being a bit dramatic here?!

A house moves and is shaken from all angles. A statue is not. I just don't see how these cracks would get worse.

I think even with these small cracks of yours, you could still get good money for it as it's the exclusive. So you would not be out of pocket by too much if you are willing to wait and chill until Beastman.

We will simply have to disagree in this instance. I see and respect your points, but would also ask you if you're perhaps being too accepting? If a company releases a flawed statue, but the customers rationalize it by saying that it's good enough or are afraid of missing out on a very limited piece, then the company knows it can get away with substandard production. As a collector of 40+ statues from a variety of companies, I have never experienced this poor of a high end product. It's not like He-Man is some $75 DC Direct maquette or something along those lines. Anyway, as I said, I appreciate your input, but we obviously have very different perspectives here.

I think you are painting a rather overt negative picture of PCS as I highly doubt that it was or would be their intention 'get away' with anything but fair enough.

I understand that different folks have different levels of tolerance but is it not remotely possible to accept that you are being a bit dramatic here?!

A house moves and is shaken from all angles. A statue is not. I just don't see how these cracks would get worse.

I think even with these small cracks of yours, you could still get good money for it as it's the exclusive. So you would not be out of pocket by too much if you are willing to wait and chill until Beastman.
My Psylocke had a perfect paint job when I received it, and I put it away for a few months when I moved (which was only a couple blocks away in which I transported the statue very safely), and when I took it back out the legs had a whole lot of cracks it them. They where shedding like a snake. If there're already cracks in He-Man's paint they're probably going to get a hell of a lot worse.

You can make a guess from a previous experience but PCS may have used different materials than Psylocke.

Here's an example, the first Hot Toy Captain America shield flaked. The second that came with Avengers Cap did not. They look and feel exactly the same yet the second version does not flake yet the paint seems exactly the same.

One example does not a rule make.

How many He-Man statues have been reported as having cracks in the paint? I was only aware of about 5, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread recently. People are paranoid about cracks in paint because of what happened with Psylocke. However, by this time into Psylocke's release, a lot more than 5 pieces were reported with cracks in them. It was also confirmed that there was no primer used on Psylocke, hence the cracking and peeling. Do we have any confirmation about whether primer was used with He-Man? I have had my He-Man about a month now and have noticed no cracks in the paint job. Personally, I think people are worried about nothing.

Well, think of it this way, how many people have posted pics altogether? Maybe 20? 5/20 is 25%...that's a pretty high percentage to have paint issues, in my opinion....obviously that's just speculating in numbers, but you get the point.

Well, think of it this way, how many people have posted pics altogether? Maybe 20? 5/20 is 25%...that's a pretty high percentage to have paint issues, in my opinion....obviously that's just speculating in numbers, but you get the point.

That's here. And here is not like other places. Folks are faaaar more fickle here. I haven't seen another complaint on any other message board about these.

How many He-Man statues have been reported as having cracks in the paint? I was only aware of about 5, but I haven't been keeping up with this thread recently. People are paranoid about cracks in paint because of what happened with Psylocke. However, by this time into Psylocke's release, a lot more than 5 pieces were reported with cracks in them. It was also confirmed that there was no primer used on Psylocke, hence the cracking and peeling. Do we have any confirmation about whether primer was used with He-Man? I have had my He-Man about a month now and have noticed no cracks in the paint job. Personally, I think people are worried about nothing.
I had my Psylocke on display for a good couple of months without a single crack, so I'm thinking it took a good three months before the issue started. I really hope that that's not the case with He-Man.

That's here. And here is not like other places. Folks are faaaar more fickle here. I haven't seen another complaint on any other message board about these.

There are a few complaints on statue forums. I browsed through that thread this morning and several people posted their issues.

Anyway, PCS said they'd send a body over but that each base is customized for a particular body, so it might not fit. They also were reticent to say much but indicated that they're aware of a "chemical" issue with the paint, which has t happened before and that only seems specific to He-Man's skin.

Back