Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few complaints on statue forums. I browsed through that thread this morning and several people posted their issues.

Anyway, PCS said they'd send a body over but that each base is customized for a particular body, so it might not fit. They also were reticent to say much but indicated that they're aware of a "chemical" issue with the paint, which has t happened before and that only seems specific to He-Man's skin.

Its definitely the case that the PCS bases are specific to each figure. Bought an ex judge dredd but was happier with the regular body I already had BUT it just wouldn't fit on the ex base...plus the gun magnets were slightly different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Guys. Real sorry about the problems some of you are having. Just a quick question mostly to the guys in Europe. Are there any of you still waiting for delivery of your He-Man ex?

just received my replacement, and yet another small chip in the front torso..luckily its half the size of the first one i got...so its not that noticeable under dull light :), see what i can do to fix it...the fact they have no more replacements leaves me with not much choice.

By the Power of Grayskull!!!!

14622789495_81f783e37b_b.jpg

He-Man with Orko 1:4 EX Statue 241/350 - Pop Culture Shock

Well frak. It was my first PCS statue so I was hoping to be underwhelmed by it so I could resell it and cut back on some aspects of my collection.... total failure! Not only that but he's so freaking tall (30" and back to that in a sec) that I don't know where on Earth to put him.
Now the statue itself, simply put I have no issues whatsoever with the production, the paint or anything when it comes with the execution of the piece. It's perfect honestly, He-Man looks like he jumped off the screen, the paint is simple but perfect for a cartoon character, the base is kick ass (I wish the whole castle was behind him!!), the pose is great... like I said.
However! I find Orko to be totally useless in this piece. He's greatly made for sure but he doesn't belong, this scene is He-Man's and He-Man's alone. Orko would have been a much better EX for Man-at Arms who he keeps annoying with his magic in the cartoon.
I mentioned he's 30" and that's mighty tall. None of my shelves fit him and my second tallest statues (Master Chief, Batman and Boba Fett Mythos) reach around 25". It's not that big a difference but I can't justify lowering a whole shelf by 5" just for one piece because it would force me to remove other pieces.
So this leads me to my one complaint about this piece: the EX was simply a bad choice by Jerry and PCS. Orko doesn't do anything for this piece and even detracts, a MUCH better EX (though I realize also MUCH harder to execute) would have been 2 heads and 2 sets of arms for a "I have the POWER!!" pose. It would shave a lot of height in the statue and allow for more display options for a lot of people.

In any case I have no space for him, not sure where to put him and I'm not letting him go. So that should tell you everything you need to know.

14619582421_9a8aa3b7a8_b.jpg

14619584091_13d2d5c3b3_b.jpg

14620708874_4e1e033d9e_b.jpg

14436232359_05957ff267_b.jpg

14642733343_cfc743ba9c_b.jpg

14599783516_4cf2964400_b.jpg

14599797726_282aace204_b.jpg

14622826085_891013c2cc_b.jpg

14642739623_ec10d122b8_b.jpg

14599785476_1b325f7750_b.jpg

14622292552_f7e7c72c95_b.jpg

14436408137_ea77a4e150_b.jpg

14642738393_a6fbb6a0db_b.jpg

I think Orko turned out great and am glad to have him! I too would have preferred he be included with Man At Arms though.

I agree to some extent about the height. The "I have the power!" pose would have been easier to display yet just as iconic.

nice pics, but I disagree about orko - love him!

I think Orko turned out great and am glad to have him! I too would have preferred he be included with Man At Arms though.

I agree to some extent about the height. The "I have the power!" pose would have been easier to display yet just as iconic.

Glad to see you guys actually read the text and not just check the pics :hi5:

nice pics, but I disagree about orko - love him!

Orko looks great, albeit slightly inaccurate with the choice of colours ;) if you google pics of Orko, you'll see some of the colours are wrong

I also agree...despite now getting to use to having him displayed with He-Man, I think it would have been ideal having Orko displayed with Man-At-Arms as they're banter between each other was evident to see in the cartoons...I'm still praying that Jerry pulls off a BattleCat to display alongside He-Man :rock

I don't know if I have the space for a 1/4 scale battle cat, but I would love a dio in a smaller scale. The same goes for Skeletor and his beast (forget what he was called).

Well Orko did go on a lot of adventures with just him and He-Man so it makes sense to have him with He-Man rather than Man-Ar-Arms.

Great pics Drakul.

Hi guys,

Those of you getting a replacement; have you gotten it and how long did it take, mine was supposed to have been shipped over a month ago and still haven't gotten anything

Hi guys,

Those of you getting a replacement; have you gotten it and how long did it take, mine was supposed to have been shipped over a month ago and still haven't gotten anything

I got mine within a week and a bit..wow a month...that's getting on...I would be emailing them a few times...send them an email asap...to orders and customer service..thats what I did, because it was orders that picked mine up, not Audrey..and keep sending it every 3-4 days till you get a reply

Hi guys,

Hope you get your issues resolves soon my friend...a month is way too long to have to wait for a replacement, especially when some have already received theirs...and you were one of the first guys on here to get the statue :dunno

Just got my replacement

Is orko supposed to be rather loose on his stand?

Mine dosnt firmly sit in any position

Also, is the sword supposed to face the front or on its side

Mine will go in all sorts of positions

Hope you get your issues resolves soon my friend...a month is way too long to have to wait for a replacement, especially when some have already received theirs...and you were one of the first guys on here to get the statue :dunno
Got a reply from Audrey. He was awesome. He called up FedEx and they ended up holding it cause they put the value lower to help out with import fees and they opened it up and valued it higher. So he's helping me out
I got mine within a week and a bit..wow a month...that's getting on...I would be emailing them a few times...send them an email asap...to orders and customer service..thats what I did, because it was orders that picked mine up, not Audrey..and keep sending it every 3-4 days till you get a reply

Back