Pop Toys 1/6 - EX051 Viking Female Warrior (Lagertha)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
v1.jpg
v2.jpg
v3.jpg
v4.jpg
v5.jpg
v6.jpg
v7.jpg
v8.jpg

Head*1
Body*1
Ordinary hands*1 pair
Holding hands*1 pair
Upper armor*1
Front skirt armor * 1 (2.5mm manual chain armor)
Rear skirt armor* 1 (2.5mm manual chain armor)
Shoulder armor * 1 pair (2.5mm manual chain armor)
Arm armor*1 pair
Shirt*1
Pants*1
Cloak*1
Boots*1 pair
Leather belt*1
Alloy sword*1
Scabbard*1
Wooden Viking shield*1
Figure stand*1

Well this is awesome! :rock
I'm very interested in this one. Hope we see more Vikings figures.

Anyone familiar with Poptoys? I personally am not. Are the final products any good?

They're getting better, and also more expensive.

They've really got the hang of scale mail now. This was their Jeanne d'Arc 2.0 which I received recently:

52417895063_9b45f1cc89_o.jpg

52417667509_df921c5078_o.jpg

52416871927_d6683e4ca7_o.jpg

52416872002_b248b59041_o.jpg
Besides the obvious stuff (head, mail), is the armour/sword any better than v1?

Besides the obvious stuff (head, mail), is the armour/sword any better than v1?

The plate armour is a lot better in fit. You can see how the pauldrons stick out on the original and refuse to lay flat. The sabots (foot armour) are now fully jointed over a fabric shoe, as opposed to the incorrect solid metal boots on the first one.

The sword is probably the same.

52417384676_44eaf62769_o.jpg

52417895068_bb9e383d8d_o.jpg

There are a lot of in hand photos in this thread:

https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...t-knight-10th-anniversary-jeanne-darc.245360/

Not the best likeness, but looks very fine indeed!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't based on the Vikings TV show. They have a line of Viking warriors. figures consisting of a Berserker, Warrior, and Chieftain. This would just be a Shieldmaiden.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this isn't based on the Vikings TV show. They have a line of Viking warriors. figures consisting of a Berserker, Warrior, and Chieftain. This would just be a Shieldmaiden.
Well it might not be officially licensed Vikings figure, but it's definitely Lagertha:

d31918a2c9f5a788f092b74833e313cd--lagertha-lothbrok-katheryn-winnick.jpg

Well, it seemed to me like it was a clear stab at Lagertha...

I'm certainly keen on this figure. The head sculpt, I recognize her for sure, but it's not a great likeness. Price will matter a ton for me. I've wanted this figure for a long time, but Pop Toys has been asking for Hot Toys prices for their figures of late and I don't think I'm willing to shell out $300+ for something that's not a perfect or near perfect figure. So a wait and see what the price will be.

Well it might not be officially licensed Vikings figure, but it's definitely Lagertha:

d31918a2c9f5a788f092b74833e313cd--lagertha-lothbrok-katheryn-winnick.jpg
I don’t see it. If it was a stab at the show then why didn’t anyone claim the figures being Viking figures being released this month from CooModel are Ragnar? It too has a passing resemblance.

I think it’s just that these figures are kind of general Vikings and the Vikings show also used the stereotypical Vikings look.

I don’t see it. If it was a stab at the show then why didn’t anyone claim the figures being Viking figures being released this month from CooModel are Ragnar? It too has a passing resemblance.

I think it’s just that these figures are kind of general Vikings and the Vikings show also used the stereotypical Vikings look.

It's obviously meant to be Lagertha. It even has her shield design:

la.jpg

413002-v2.jpg

I've only watched a few episodes, but Google shows she had several looks through the series.

This is the one Pop Toys have gone for:

la2.jpg

This is the cloak as well:

lagertha-1.jpg

413001-v1.jpg

Yup its definitely meant to be Lagertha, no question. It doesn't just have a passing resemblence, it's pretty much her. The likeness might not be 100% but the hair style, clothing, and weaponry is all hers from the show.

As for the CooModel figures: I've only seen one that barely, sort of, maybe looks like it could be Ragnar if I squint, but looks more like King Harald with only half the tattooed face instead of both sides like in the show. Unless there's another one that I've missed.

Either way, just b/c one company makes Viking figures (like CooModel for instance), doesn't mean that it's exclusive to them and no one else can take a stab.

As for the CooModel figures: I've only seen one that barely, sort of, maybe looks like it could be Ragnar if I squint, but looks more like King Harald with only half the tattooed face instead of both sides like in the show. Unless there's another one that I've missed.

Either way, just b/c one company makes Viking figures (like CooModel for instance), doesn't mean that it's exclusive to them and no one else can take a stab.

Because they appeared to be the same company to me, I asked Kit a while back about CooModel and Pop Toys. He said they shared a factory and co-operated on projects, which would explain why both companies announce similar things on the same day but not actually step on each other's toes. The first clue I had was when they both announced King Henry figures simultaneously - one was Henry V and the other Henry VIII.

Pop seems to make only female bodies, and Coo only male bodies.

CooModel also goes by the CM Toys name.

As for the figure, I don't collect Vikings but I'm really liking the look of Lagertha.

Back