Pop Culture Shock's DC license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the face sculpt is from pvc, more accurate potrait like HT. But rest of body normal polystone.

I have so many PVC statues and they have amazing paint job! A polystone satatue can't compete with a PVC in terms of flawless painting application and no need to argue cause it is fact! I will never understand why people underestimate the beauty of PVC or plastic...

I have so many PVC statues and they have amazing paint job! A polystone satatue can't compete with a PVC in terms of flawless painting application and no need to argue cause it is fact! I will never understand why people underestimate the beauty of PVC or plastic...

Yep. :lecture

I don't think its about paint app as much as its about having something that is a quite literally a cheaper representation of something in relativity to a statue that is either made of resin or polystone. Its also the look of it. There's a definite difference between a painted PVC figure and a painted statue in terms of their overall level of presence. One is also more closely associated with toys and the other art. This is my opinion and will not label that a fact. If anyone wishes to agree they may do so.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I don't think its about paint app as much as its about having something that is a quite literally a cheaper representation of something in relativity to a statue that is either made of resin or polystone. Its also the look of it. There's a definite difference between a painted PVC figure and a painted statue in terms of their overall level of presence. One is also more closely associated with toys and the other art. This is my opinion and will not label that a fact. If anyone wishes to agree they may do so.

Sorry but I am not agree! They both are using the tools of art but they couldn't be named as ART! Art isn't something that easy to be named! All these sculptors and painters use the same techniques and tools of art but only if they add something intellectual to discuss at their statues or works then they will be named as artists! All these statues are made only just one purpose! To sell, to make profit from the popularity of source material! No other reason behind them! So when we use the term of ART, we should be more selective!

Sorry but I am not agree! They both are using the tools of art but they couldn't be named as ART! Art isn't something that easy to be named! All these sculptors and painters use the same techniques and tools of art but only if they add something intellectual to discuss at their statues or works then they will be named as artists! All these statues are made only just one purpose! To sell, to make profit from the popularity of source material! No other reason behind them! So when we use the term of ART, we should be more selective!

What I said was an opinion, you don't have to agree with an opinion because it is my view. What I said to be more clear was that ppl will view a statue where as more akin to art than they would a plastic representation where the production run could be in the 10s of 1000s. Ppl are also paying a much higher price tag than with a PVC figure. A 1/4 scale PVC figure could run from $50-$200 (and that's pushing it), but a statue could run anywhere from $200-$2000(or more). That is what I meant.

I think polystone and resin pieces both have their own positives and negatives. A polystone statue seems to have the presence of a more expensive collectible, while generally being much larger than most resin pieces I have seen. Also some feature mixed media which I think puts the statue into an even higher level of collectibles. But I think the paint applications on resin pieces have been better on almost every single one I have ever seen when compared to a polystone statue. The Koto Killing Joke Joker is a prime example of this, its by far one of my favorite pieces. Resin is also great as it is much more forgiving than a polystone statue, meaning if you bump it into something it has a much less chance of breaking than a polystone piece where you can crack it without much effort.

The Fact that PVC statue paint aps tend to be better than some polystone has very little to do with the actual PVC and more to do with the companies that use PVC doing a better job with paint application. I can also argue that besides the facial paint aps on Hot toys what company does amazing paint blends on PVC? Few and far between. They're usually flat paint aps especially with some of the cheaper Kotos. Now this is not to say none of the companies using PVC use good blended paint applications. But those arguing that PVC some how holds the miracle cure to a shakey hand or a bad color choice have no idea what they're talking about.

You can paint on anything and what you're painting on doesn't make you better.

What I said was an opinion, you don't have to agree with an opinion because it is my view. What I said to be more clear was that ppl will view a statue where as more akin to art than they would a plastic representation where the production run could be in the 10s of 1000s. Ppl are also paying a much higher price tag than with a PVC figure. A 1/4 scale PVC figure could run from $50-$200 (and that's pushing it), but a statue could run anywhere from $200-$2000(or more). That is what I meant.

Jedi,

You don't have to justify yourself to someone that basically just took a giant crap on pop culture sculpting as an art form. Basically saying that creating in an artistic medium just to sell it isn't art is like saying All of comics, all of graphic design, all of media design and anything else that is created just for sale can't be art.

Warhol is spinning in his grave.

Jedi,

You don't have to justify yourself to someone that basically just took a giant crap on pop culture sculpting as an art form. Basically saying that creating in an artistic medium just to sell it isn't art is like saying All of comics, all of graphic design, all of media design and anything else that is created just for sale can't be art.

Lol I know and thanks. Just wanted to clarify what I wrote because to ME statues are art and PVC is cheap sculpts and are mass produced (for the most part). I used to buy PVC too before I discovered high end statues and also before I had any money. PVC figures of my fave characters were easy to buy with my teenage salary.

Jedi,

Which art school did you graduated:)? Besides why do you get involved between my talk with JediSword? What is your problem? Yo know nothing about graphic design! Look at your works which you shared! I am doing that business for almost 20 years and if I am an employer, you will have no chance to get a job with your skills and knowledge about art,graphic design or basic design! You have a serious problem with me but get over it buddy!

Lol I know and thanks. Just wanted to clarify what I wrote because to ME statues are art and PVC is cheap sculpts and are mass produced (for the most part). I used to buy PVC too before I discovered high end statues and also before I had any money. PVC figures of my fave characters were easy to buy with my teenage salary.

Believe whatever you want to buddy!

Which art school did you graduated:)? Besides why do you get involved between my talk with JediSword? What is your problem? Yo know nothing about graphic design! Look at your works which you shared! I am doing that business for almost 20 years and if I am an employer, you will have no chance to get a job with your skills and knowledge about art,graphic design or basic design! You have a serious problem with me but get over it buddy!

Okay I'm going to say this once, and once only. If you like my art or not isn't my concern. I've sold art my own art for the last 15 years. I don't care about you being a graphic designer. You basically just told me that you, by creating graphic design for sale isn't art. You just basically said you aren't an artist. Anyone who knows art history knows that some of the greatest art ever Created was done so on a Commissioned basis, art for sale only. The SISTINE CHAPEL, one of the greatest art achievements in history, was done because it was Commissioned by the Pope. Michelanglo didn't walk into the chapel and say "Hey, I feel like painting the ceiling", in fact he refused it at first.

So the next time you feel like unburdening yourself of your idiotic feelings towards other peoples creations, including every sculptor that works at any of these companies, all their graphic designers, every single painter that's touched one of these pieces and slew of other people. I have a recommendation. DON'T. Just keep it to yourself.

And that is my problem with you. You're an arrogant guy, who applies your feelings towards one thing, and then turns around and doesn't apply it to another just because you happen to like it, or in this case you don't do it yourself.

And I realize the mods wrath is probably going to come down on me for this but someone has to say it.

Oh and by the way I graduated from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale's Graphic Design program in 2002, just since you asked.

Okay I'm going to say this once, and once only. If you like my art or not isn't my concern. I've sold art my own art for the last 15 years. I don't care about you being a graphic designer. You basically just told me that you, by creating graphic design for sale isn't art. You just basically said you aren't an artist. Anyone who knows art history knows that some of the greatest art ever Created was done so on a Commissioned basis, art for sale only. The SISTINE CHAPEL, one of the greatest art achievements in history, was done because it was Commissioned by the Pope. Michelanglo didn't walk into the chapel and say "Hey, I feel like painting the ceiling", in fact he refused it at first.

So the next time you feel like unburdening yourself of your idiotic feelings towards other peoples creations, including every sculptor that works at any of these companies, all their graphic designers, every single painter that's touched one of these pieces and slew of other people. I have a recommendation. DON'T. Just keep it to yourself.

And that is my problem with you. You're an arrogant guy, who applies your feelings towards one thing, and then turns around and doesn't apply it to another just because you happen to like it, or in this case you don't do it yourself.

And I realize the mods wrath is probably going to come down on me for this but someone has to say it.

Oh and by the way I graduated from the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale's Graphic Design program in 2002, just since you asked.

First read my posts carefully then attack me! Look josh, if I am an arrogant man, I will never apologize for the things which I said for Batman pf! I listened to your advice and till my batman arrived, I never talked on the thread again! At the end I posted my feelings about how did I so wrong!
You have a problem with me, it is so CLEAR! You are attacking everywhere at me, even when I am not talking with you! It is not getting me tired but boy following my every post makes you tired! STOP it! Ignore my posts!
AND I never and ever judged you personally!!! But you are doing it very easily so you have to be pro about that! You think I am ARROGANT, that is fine with me! At least I have a style!

Back